EE in pool w/ not enought points

ph.cdr

Dec 2, 2016
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to settle there (Ontario) but I just don't want to lock me down for, let's say 5 yrs ... obviously ... I have no problem to stay there 2-3 yrs .. is this real?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ph.cdr said:
I want to settle there (Ontario) but I just don't want to lock me down for, let's say 5 yrs ... obviously ... I have no problem to stay there 2-3 yrs .. is this real?
...is this just fantasy...

Never mind..

You don't have to stay in any province however if you get a PNP be careful to back it up one day. Keep proofs of your attempts to settle otherwise it might come back to bite you if you ever apply for citizenship

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ph.cdr said:
what do you mean?
What do I mean about what?

You don't have to stay in a nominated province. However you should keep proof that you have tried to stay in that province in case you ever decide to move. If you want to apply for citizenship one day you may have to provide evidence you tried to stay in your nominated province but couldn't.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
ph.cdr said:
hello guys, thank you for your replies .... i really appreciate it ...

when i use this: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

and fill it with following info:

• going with common-low
  • 29yrs old
  • no canadian job experience nor study (both)
  • bachelor's degree (both)
  • 9+ CLB for both (which is practicaly unreal; especially for my gf) - in fact I am CLB 7 and she is CLB 5
  • work experience 6+

I got arround 440 points .. and I simply can't go heigher ... without Canadian experience or Job Offer, it seems to me almost unreal to reach the break point :)

My NOC is: 2172 (A) -> Database analysts and data administrators

I just wonder what I can do more to increase my chances get a job / ITA / ... while waiting for ITA in a pool ...

Andy108: I've heard about PNP but I am a bit confused .. Can I ask for PNP even without valid working visa? Can you provide me more information (url, ...) ? Is this my only chance how to get enough points?

kryt0n: thx, WHV is my last chance, but I would rather go the "official" way :) I don't think I am such a looser to not be eligible for EE :D maybe I am just missing something

again - thank you guys
Your Common Law is really dragging down your overall score with CRS 5.

How much points would you have if you were to apply without her? (Another trick, if you are desperate to move to Canada, even without your partner for the first few years)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cococly said:
Your Common Law is really dragging down your overall score with CRS 5.

How much points would you have if you were to apply without her? (Another trick, if you are desperate to move to Canada, even without your partner for the first few years)
Actually that is not true. What is massively dragging him down is his own language score that is below CBL 9. Partner cannot give you many points for language (like 12 to 15 points max), but his own language score costs him like 40 to 60 points (depending if he has 2 diplomas or not).

I also think that he did some kind of calculation mistake, because his score without CBL 9 in all 4 language skills should be lower than 440 for sure.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
ph.cdr said:
one more question: once I am in the pool waiting for ITA (that will never come, obviously - thanks to low score) ... Does it make sense to look for a job and attend job interviews? Is there even any chance that employer would like to go through the LMIA just for someone he doesn't know?
To be honest, I have never heard anyone who hasn't worked in Canada that got LMIA legitimately... why would a Canadian Employer go through such a complicated process to hire someone from around the world who couldn't work for them legally until months/years later. (Heck, I don't think they would bother to schedule interview for a person from other parts of the world who has no status in Canada)

Unless the applicants are CEOs, Executives of reputable companies, then Canadian Employer might sponsor them to immigrate to Canada.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
ph.cdr said:
what do you mean?
Some realistic options for you:
* Get a PNP
* Improve your language scores
* Apply without your common law
* Get a masters degree

Do all these quick because your points reduce as you get older.

ph.cdr

Dec 2, 2016
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird: what are the possibilities to get her there then .. if I apply w/o her?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deadbird said:
Some realistic options for you:
* Get a PNP
* Improve your language scores
* Apply without your common law
* Get a masters degree

Do all these quick because your points reduce as you get older.
Applying without common law will bring him nothing. (the difference of maybe 3 to 5 points).

PNP would be the best solution there. However just to get ready for Ontario PNP to reopen he needs to get 400+ points, so that means to improve the language test anyway.

ph.cdr

Dec 2, 2016
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak: thx a lot ( diky moc :) )

I will focus on my IELTS band score as much as I can ...

ph.cdr

Dec 2, 2016
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak: mas skype nebo mail na kterem bychom se mohli spojit? jestli neva

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........