+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE important question

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I am creating my EE profile and dont know what provinces do I check while creating the profile?

I have studied in Ontario & Working full time in Ontario but a little concerned should I only pick Ontario or any other as well? If I pick any other province, does it impact Ontario PNP selection?

Thanks

chevalcriostoir

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Do you mean the question- what province are you interested in going to?
You can tick them all or just one, however many you want, it won't make a huge difference.

But f it asks you to just select one then pick your top choice only. (Intended province of residence)

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
joe9kah said:
I am creating my EE profile and dont know what provinces do I check while creating the profile?

I have studied in Ontario & Working full time in Ontario but a little concerned should I only pick Ontario or any other as well? If I pick any other province, does it impact Ontario PNP selection?

Thanks
it wont. you may select all

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
joe9kah said:

If you're hoping to get selected by Ontario PNP, you can either select Ontario, or All.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html#display
When you register for Express Entry, you must indicate your interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories.”

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
americandesimd said:
it wont. you may select all
Just to share information I have from my lawyer, OINP selects only who have Ontario ONLY as interest.
But it's not official opinion.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
jack_is_jack said:
Just to share information I have from my lawyer, OINP selects only who have Ontario ONLY as interest.
But it's not official opinion.
It would not surprise me...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
joe9kah said:
So, should I select All or only Ontario? Point is that Ontario PNP is closed at the moment.
Are you willing to move to any province in Canada? If so, click all.

The point of this is to make you 'visible' to the province's when they may look for EE applicants. If you prefer not to have, say, New Brunswick contacting you then don't select it.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
kryt0n said:
Are you willing to move to any province in Canada? If so, click all.

The point of this is to make you 'visible' to the province's when they may look for EE applicants. If you prefer not to have, say, New Brunswick contacting you then don't select it.
I understand this, I dont mind going to any province. Its just that I have studied & worked in Ontario since I came to Canada. I dont want my Ontario PNP selection to get affected as some people are saying that Ontario only selects those people who have selected Ontario only (not any other provinces).

This is the only thing that is bothering me and on the other hand, since Ontario is not choosing anyone at the moment, I want to keep my options open

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
joe9kah said:
I understand this, I dont mind going to any province. Its just that I have studied & worked in Ontario since I came to Canada. I dont want my Ontario PNP selection to get affected as some people are saying that Ontario only selects those people who have selected Ontario only (not any other provinces).

This is the only thing that is bothering me and on the other hand, since Ontario is not choosing anyone at the moment, I want to keep my options open
Unless someone from Ontario has stated that's how people are picked, I think that is just overly cautious skeptisim.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
kryt0n said:
Unless someone from Ontario has stated that's how people are picked, I think that is just overly cautious skeptisim.
Okay then , I ll keep everything selected at the moment and might select only Ontario if they are open. I have another question, this is every more concerning. I didnt get additional 15 points for my 2 year certificate program that I completed last year from a public college. I created my profile yesterday. I dont know what to do here..

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
joe9kah said:
Okay then , I ll keep everything selected at the moment and might select only Ontario if they are open. I have another question, this is every more concerning. I didnt get additional 15 points for my 2 year certificate program that I completed last year from a public college. I created my profile yesterday. I dont know what to do here..
I'm guessing you studied in Canada? Apart from ensuring that you definitely filled in all the info I would suggest waiting as it's usually 24hours or so to apply to points change. You'll get an email saying "your profile has been updated".

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
malican said:
I selected a few provinces and got a PT from Ontario last year.
Thanks for letting my know. Did you study/work in Ontario? How many provinces you selected? I selected all of them.

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
kryt0n said:
I'm guessing you studied in Canada? Apart from ensuring that you definitely filled in all the info I would suggest waiting as it's usually 24hours or so to apply to points change. You'll get an email saying "your profile has been updated".
Yes, I studied on Ontario at Humber College. I definitely filled all the information correctly. I can guarantee that but still didnt got any additional points. I ll wait for another 4-5 hours as that ll complete 24 hours and will see if anything updates or not.

Just in case, it doesnt update, what should I do ?