+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE got cancelled - urgent

elenahk

Jun 1, 2020
Hello guys!

I need your advice.

My AOR 14 Apr. Yesterday just got the first update after such a long time - request to collect biometrics, but today my application was cancelled due to incompleteness. I hope that all the fees will be refunded.

However, I would like to know if there's anything that can be done at this stage, so that I don't have to create another account from scratch given the current processing times.
The main reason for cancellation is:
o The Police certificate from China that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in China. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in China from September 16, 2016 to June 5, 2018.

I have provided a police certificate dated by Sep 30th - May 18th. Also, I submitted a LOE in advance explaining the reasons, but now somehow I can't see this file in the list of submitted documents. I read that during this COVID period IRCC will not refuse applications that are missing documents as a result of coronavirus service disruptions, but now I cannot find the original text on the official website.

Thanks!

elenahk

Jun 1, 2020
My case is even weirder. I posted it in another thread. I raised CSE and re-entered the pool.

Thanks for your reply. I've read your story. I'm facing a similar issue as a foreigner in China.

Have you received any responses back from IRCC?

dimfang

Dec 13, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I've read your story. I'm facing a similar issue as a foreigner in China.

Have you received any responses back from IRCC?
Yes, they have forwarded my explanation and my wife’s police certificate to the responsible office. Finger crossed.

I think you should file a web form to explain the case too. Before doing that, please read the following info.

Police clearance certificates are valid for one year from the date they were issued. However, police clearance certificates from the country in which you currently reside have to have been issued within six months from when you submit your application for permanent residence.

Police clearance certificates from countries that you no longer reside in have to have been issued after you left the country for the last time.

_ranzo

Nov 4, 2019
Applications found to be incomplete with no explanation provided, or for reasons unrelated to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus, may be rejected as per section R10, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant. The reason for rejection should be unrelated to the disruption of services.

This seems to be why you are rejected.
You provided a document that does not cover the correct time period, and this has nothing to do with the COVID.