+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE/FSW - Married

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hi guys, I am married, when I check my score at CRS tool, and if I check YES that my wife will come with me to Canada I have a low score. But if I check NO I have enough score - around 451.
I wonder if I check NO and let's say I get my PR, can I bring my wife to Canada through Family Sponsoring or whatever is the best way? Does anyone have a clue about this issue? What are pros/cons?

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
Hi guys, I am married, when I check my score at CRS tool, and if I check YES that my wife will come with me to Canada I have a low score. But if I check NO I have enough score - around 451.
I wonder if I check NO and let's say I get my PR, can I bring my wife to Canada through Family Sponsoring or whatever is the best way? Does anyone have a clue about this issue? What are pros/cons?
that's misinterpretation.
instead you should check "Yes" on married and "No" to Is your wife going with you in Canada?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Misrepresentation if known as the voluntary concealment, retention or deception of information and material facts, to create more favorable conditions into obtaining PR or any other visa or permit.
Saying that you're not married when you actually are is spot on just that, because you'll knowingly be gaining more points to get PR.

Pros:
-You might actually fall through the cracks by gaining more points and get PR. However... (see cons)
Cons:
-When you apply for sponsorship, you'll have to show marriage certificate which will obviously show date of marriage
-They will learn you were actually married at the time of PR application, contrary to what you declared at first. Trust me they will know, as they will simply take a look at your GCMS notes which will show "Applicant received ITA and points as single/unmarried", but your marriage certificate will tell otherwise.
-Consequence, not only will you get your sponsorship denied, but you'll be flagged for misrepresentation.
-Because the status of Permanent Resident is only as permanent as the law permits (meaning it's not set in stone), they can revoke your PR status due to misrepresentation and deception, deport you from Canada, and be banned for 10 years.

Doesn't sound like it's worth it.

What's your score with accompanying spouse? If score is just slightly below around 441 points, explore ways to increase your score.
-Can you get better language scores, or even score CLB9 or more in all sections?
-Has your spouse done ECA or taken a language test?
-Have you maxed out your work experience points (3 years)?
-Have you explored the option of getting a high degree?
-Have you explore the option of a PNP. Have you checked if you're eligible for one of the numerous streams? BCPNP, NOIP, SINP, NBPNP...

If it's just above or on 441, you stand pretty decent chances considering the cons mentioned above. In which case, get in the pool and be patient.

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018

(not that much) unrelated question: I have a marriage certificate from December 2017 (showing I was married 15 years ago). Is it ok or should I get a new one?

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Sorry guys, I did not mean it. I wanted to say next:
1) What is your marital status? - Married.
2) ii. Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada? - No.
So what will be in this case?

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Misrepresentation if known as the voluntary concealment, retention or deception of information and material facts, to create more favorable conditions into obtaining PR or any other visa or permit.
Saying that you're not married when you actually are is spot on just that, because you'll knowingly be gaining more points to get PR.

Pros:
-You might actually fall through the cracks by gaining more points and get PR. However... (see cons)
Cons:
-When you apply for sponsorship, you'll have to show marriage certificate which will obviously show date of marriage
-They will learn you were actually married at the time of PR application, contrary to what you declared at first. Trust me they will know, as they will simply take a look at your GCMS notes which will show "Applicant received ITA and points as single/unmarried", but your marriage certificate will tell otherwise.
-Consequence, not only will you get your sponsorship denied, but you'll be flagged for misrepresentation.
-Because the status of Permanent Resident is only as permanent as the law permits (meaning it's not set in stone), they can revoke your PR status due to misrepresentation and deception, deport you from Canada, and be banned for 10 years.

Doesn't sound like it's worth it.

What's your score with accompanying spouse? If score is just slightly below around 441 points, explore ways to increase your score.
-Can you get better language scores, or even score CLB9 or more in all sections?
-Has your spouse done ECA or taken a language test?
-Have you maxed out your work experience points (3 years)?
-Have you explored the option of getting a high degree?
-Have you explore the option of a PNP. Have you checked if you're eligible for one of the numerous streams? BCPNP, NOIP, SINP, NBPNP...

If it's just above or on 441, you stand pretty decent chances considering the cons mentioned above. In which case, get in the pool and be patient.
My score with accompying spouse is 432:
My language is at CLB9 - IELTS 8-7-7-7
My wife's approximate score is around 6-6-6-6, I hope so
I have only 1 year of work experience, cannot max it out as I do not want to wait another 2 years and also I am loosing 5 points for my age for every next year
I have Masters degree
I have not thoroughly explored PNP as from various forums I found that it is very very hard from my perspective.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yes, that is what I meant.
What will be consequences in this case?
If you go through the option of:
Married= "Yes"
Accompanying= "No"

As soon as you do that, a question will pop up asking you why your own spouse is not coming with you to Canada.
You'll have to come up with a convincing reason. A lot of people do have good reasons like a ongoing divorce process.
Your reason may be accepted. If it does go through, problems may arise during your sponsorship process, as it will face extensive questioning.
"Didn't you tell us your spouse wasn't going to join you in Canada? Now you wanna sponsor her...? What's the deal here" kind of questioning...

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
My score with accompying spouse is 432:
My language is at CLB9 - IELTS 8-7-7-7
My wife's approximate score is around 6-6-6-6, I hope so
I have only 1 year of work experience, cannot max it out as I do not want to wait another 2 years and also I am loosing 5 points for my age for every next year
I have Masters degree
I have not thoroughly explored PNP as from various forums I found that it is very very hard from my perspective.
-Has she done an ECA for a degree if any? It's 8 points for bachelor's degree, and 10 points for Masters degree. So it's at least 8 points missing here.
-Your spouse is at CLB7, meaning she's getting 12 points for language, out of a possible 20 points if it was CLB 9 or more. That's another 8 points missing.
-You're missing out on a little few more points with CLB9. Try to go for CLB10! Something like 5 more points.

From what i can see from here, there is between 10 to 21 points still to grab. Combined with your 432 today, that should take you above the average cut-off lately.

Take the extra-mile my friend! Go for it!

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
-Has she done an ECA for a degree if any? It's 8 points for bachelor's degree, and 10 points for Masters degree. So it's at least 8 points missing here.
-Your spouse is at CLB7, meaning she's getting 12 points for language, out of a possible 20 points if it was CLB 9 or more. That's another 8 points missing.
-You're missing out on a little few more points with CLB9. Try to go for CLB10! Something like 5 more points.

From what i can see from here, there is between 10 to 21 points still to grab. Combined with your 432 today, that should take you above the average cut-off lately.

Take the extra-mile my friend! Go for it!
Yes, score already includes her bachelors degree and her points for language.
All I can try is to go for CLB10!
Thank you anyway!
By the way, could you give me all info of how you got a score of 476, please? I tried to various ways to get your score, but it did not work. Just trying to check how close are results from CRS tool to real results.