+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE form- Two or more Degree/ Diploma

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I am currently in the process of filling out my EE form and was confused about the Education history part, would be really great if I could get some feedback from you regarding the same.

I have a bachelor's degree (assessed from WES) along with a Canadian Certificate (1 yr program). What should I write in the "level of education" field for each of them? As per ECA, my bachelor's degree is worth a 3 yr Bachelor's in Canada. So I am assuming I can pick the "level of education" as 'Bachelor's Degree or Three Year' from the drop down menu.

But, for my Canadian Certificate, what should I pick from the drop down menu? Should it be "One Year program at a university" or should I go ahead and choose " Two or more certificate diploma or Degree, one of which should be 3 yr"? The Bachelor's Degree was in Business Administration but the Canadian Certificate was in design so both are completely unrelated.

I am hoping to choose Two or more Certificates as it would boost my scores (436 if it's just Bachelor's to 467 if I pick two or more certificates) to be eligible for ITA hopefully.

Thanks for reading

liamE

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/07/2015
Your diploma is 'one year post graduate study"

Two or more certificates only applies to a single qualification that Wes or I cas or CES says is equivalent to two Canadian qualifications, for example a 5 year qualification that Wes says is worth a Canadian bachelors And a Canadian masters or other professional qualification.

You have to pick the equivalent qualification for each individual certificate that you hold. For example I have a ba and a PhD so I chose 3 year Canadian degree next to my ba and PhD next to my PhD. If I had a ba and a post graduate certificate of secondary teaching I would have 2 or more degrees or certificate over all, but I still must put 3 years bachelors next to my ba and 1 year post graduate study next to my pgce.

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
What if you have two Bachelor's Degrees? Does that count as "Two or more degrees"?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
VictorCA said:
What if you have two Bachelor's Degrees? Does that count as "Two or more degrees"?
Most likely not, but you would need to get an official evaluation to be certain.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liamE said:
Your diploma is 'one year post graduate study"

Two or more certificates only applies to a single qualification that Wes or I cas or CES says is equivalent to two Canadian qualifications, for example a 5 year qualification that Wes says is worth a Canadian bachelors And a Canadian masters or other professional qualification.

You have to pick the equivalent qualification for each individual certificate that you hold. For example I have a ba and a PhD so I chose 3 year Canadian degree next to my ba and PhD next to my PhD. If I had a ba and a post graduate certificate of secondary teaching I would have 2 or more degrees or certificate over all, but I still must put 3 years bachelors next to my ba and 1 year post graduate study next to my pgce.

Thanks so much for the info.

So if I select "Bachelor's" from the dropdown for my Bachelor's Degree and "1 Year" for my Canadian Certificate, would I eventually get more points for holding more degrees's or would I only get points for my Bachelor's?

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
*********************Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.
ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

If you have the 1 year course among one of them then you can Select Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. And you can get a very good score.... Which I did in my case...
All the best..

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Most likely not, but you would need to get an official evaluation to be certain.
Hi,

Can I know how did you say that getting two Bachelors does not mean you can choose two or more degrees?

but you would need to get an official evaluation to be certain
What must be written in the evaluation for Two Bachelors degree to be at par with Two diploma/degree?