+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE education points, Is it going to be misrepresentation?

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
Hi I am new to this forum, need your help and guidance. I have 3 years IT experience with IELTS band clb 9 in all sections.

I have got ECA report from WES recently, please help me to claim appropriate points-

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years)

My education history- I have done 2 years BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) from Edexcel, London, UK. Then did one year Top Up degree from a UK university. I was given exempted credits for the first two years and only studied final year at university but got full Bachelors Degree certificate. My transcript mentioned my final year credits (120 credits) in details and
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 4 - 120 credits
Exempt credits for prior learning at level 5 - 120 credits
(does not mention anything regarding my diploma)

Total 360 credits and received 3 years bachelors degree certificate!

Now when I was filling EE profile I have filled details of my HND without any problem. Then I have added my Bachelors degree, here I had filled up a question regarding completed academic years, I have written 3 years though in reality I did attend only 1 year but got credits for other two years hence I chose 3 years.

In the question regarding Level of education I chose "Bachelors Degree". Then another question Level of education according to the ECA report I chose again "Bachelors Degree".

After submitting my profile I have received 50 skill transferablity points. I think system awarded me points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be three or more years long".

Here is my confusion, "one must be three or more years long". I did bachelors only 1 year but WES evaluated as 4 years bachelors degree hence system awarded me the points. As per the ECA report I do fulfill the requirements as it is clearly says Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years) according to my transcript I may not fulfill that 3 years degree condition. Even if I write One year as the completed academic years my score stays same because level of education is Bachelors Degree.

Now the big question. Is it going to be misrepresentation?

Last edited:

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Hi I am new to this forum, need your help and guidance. I have 3 years IT experience with IELTS band clb 9 in all sections.

I have got ECA report from WES recently, please help me to claim appropriate points-

My education history- I have done 2 years BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) from Edexcel, London, UK. Then did one year Top Up degree from a UK university. I was given exempted credits for the first two years and only studied final year at university but got full Bachelors Degree certificate. My transcript mentioned my final year credits (120 credits) in details and

Now when I was filling EE profile I have filled details of my HND without any problem. Then I have added my Bachelors degree, here I had filled up a question regarding completed academic years, I have written 3 years though in reality I did attend only 1 year but got credits for other two years hence I chose 3 years.

In the question regarding Level of education I chose "Bachelors Degree". Then another question Level of education according to the ECA report I chose again "Bachelors Degree".

After submitting my profile I have received 50 skill transferablity points. I think system awarded me points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be three or more years long".

Here is my confusion, "one must be three or more years long". I did bachelors only 1 year but WES evaluated as 4 years bachelors degree hence system awarded me the points. As per the ECA report I do fulfill the requirements as it is clearly says Diploma (two years), bachelor's degree (four years) according to my transcript I may not fulfill that 3 years degree condition. Even if I write One year as the completed academic years my score stays same because level of education is Bachelors Degree.

If your ECA says its a 3 years Bachelors Degree then you can go ahead with it. In the end, the equivalency mentioned in the ECA matters.
This won't be misrepresentation.

Reactions: Fatemasultana

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
If your ECA says its a 3 years Bachelors Degree then you can go ahead with it. In the end, the equivalency mentioned in the ECA matters.
This won't be misrepresentation.
Thank you GCMSBuddy! You are the first person to help me on this matter, after posting it to so many threads still i have not got any response from any VIP member of this forum who are very experienced about the whole process! perhaps they do not have knowledge about this or skeptical about their understandings.

So what I have understood from your reply is, our educational points are purely based on the ECA report and in my case my points are appropriate! Just another clarification-
How many year I should mention as my completed academic year? 1.5 years (my actual attendance)? 3 years (normal UK degree duration)? Or 4 years (ECA mentioned duration)?

Really glad to hear your response! Thank you

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Thank you GCMSBuddy! You are the first person to help me on this matter, after posting it to so many threads still i have not got any response from any VIP member of this forum who are very experienced about the whole process! perhaps they do not have knowledge about this or skeptical about their understandings.

So what I have understood from your reply is, our educational points are purely based on the ECA report and in my case my points are appropriate! Just another clarification-
How many year I should mention as my completed academic year? 1.5 years (my actual attendance)? 3 years (normal UK degree duration)? Or 4 years (ECA mentioned duration)?

Your actual attendance. Glad we could help!

Mar 17, 2018

Hello there, please advise the outcome? On the similar note, could you please advise if you have done the BTEC HND (Higher National Diploma) online or from any institute and at the same time if your top-up was at the university campus or online?

Daniac93

Jun 17, 2019
I

I am in a similar situation...what was your outcome??