+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE education points | 2 yr. + 1 yr. co-op (Centennial)

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello people,
I am wondering if I can claim 3 years of Canadian Education points in my EE profile!

My 'fast-track' course at Centennial (Sep 2015- April 2018) was as follows:

2 years (4 semesters + 2 mandatory breaks)
+
1 year (2 semesters + 1 mandatory break)

The transcript has marks of co-op listed, but the diploma letter says Program Length : Two Years

Can I claim Canadian education points for 3 years (and explain this in the cover letter maybe) ?

P.S. Presently I am working in Toronto.

Thank you ,
Anir

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello people,
I am wondering if I can claim 3 years of Canadian Education points in my EE profile!

+

The transcript has marks of co-op listed, but the diploma letter says Program Length : Two Years

Can I claim Canadian education points for 3 years (and explain this in the cover letter maybe) ?

Thank you ,
Anir
You will only be able to claim 2 years. Provided those 2 years where of actual studying as opposed to co-op work.

None of the co-op work experience should be counted as education nor Canadian work experience.

aniruddhabhatt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi @Wolfpmd3 , Thanks for the inputs! Although can you please explain why is that? Because technically I paid my fee for that and I was enrolled in school too.

I think i have seen one of my friend score a PR claiming 3 years of education for my course. Just curious!

Thanks again

Last edited:

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi @Wolfpmd3 , THanks for the inputs? Although can you please explain why is that? Because technically I paid my fee for that and I was enrolled in school too.

I think i have seen one of my friend score a PR claiming 3 years of education for my course. Just curious!

Thanks again
Could you explain your timeline a bit further including actual dates?

I just read on CIC's webpage that any coop experience counts towards the education and cannot be counted towards actual work experience.
Based on this, you could infer that all 3 years could count towards education. However, the fact that your transcripts state the length as 2 years might go against you.

Worst case scenario, they will only grant points for 2 years as opposed to 3 reducing it from your score. I would make sure to have enough points regardless of this beings the case or not in case they only grant points for 2 years once the application has been submitted.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello people,

+

No.... co-op counts as education, but you're essentially saying it took you 3 years to complete a 2 year program. Nothing wrong with that, but you will only get credit for 2 years.

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
Hello people,

+

Thank you ,
Anir
did you get points for 3 years of education

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
No.... co-op counts as education, but you're essentially saying it took you 3 years to complete a 2 year program. Nothing wrong with that, but you will only get credit for 2 years.
Hi,

What if studied finished in 2 years fast track option and actual duration of study 3 years, also in diploma written 3 years of education?
Is it possible to get 30 points of Canadian education?