+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Draws - Explanation for High CRS Requirments and Small Number of Invitations

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
Hello Everyone!

For everyone who has been disappointed with the recent EE draws. There is an explanation to why the number of invitations have been low:

http://moving2canada.com/immigration-to-canada/express-entry-points/

The above link has a video from a seminar in Edmonton May of this year. The speaker is an IRCC OFFICER. He basically says that the draws from April to September (Perhaps even October) will be disappointing to a lot of people with roughly only 750 ITAs. The reason is: IRCC would like to process ALL of the remaining Pre-Express Entry paper applications. These applications will be processed by the end of 2016 and the Economic Class Immigration quota will only have Express Entry candidates.

Starting September or perhaps October the draws will invite about 2,500 people dropping the required CRS rank lower than it ever been before. The highest number of invitations to be sent out was about 1600! They will start in the next few draws in order for these people to be a part of the 2017 quota! I don't expect it to be a giant jump in the number of invitations perhaps they will slowly invite more and more people in the next few draws!

The only thing we can really do is stay hopeful! ;D

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This has been know for some time now. I do still believe the ITA would increase at least till 2000 because they still need to complete 2016's Quota of Immigration.
Remember that the old application that they are processing now belong to the 2014 Immigration Budget.

Consider this, in 2015 Canada issued 31,000 ITA's to fulfill their Quota, this year they have issued only 18,292 ITA's till date and with 8 draws remaining there are still around 12k-13k ITA's to be issued.

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
nikolain said:
This has been know for some time now. I do still believe the ITA would increase at least till 2000 because they still need to complete 2016's Quota of Immigration.
Remember that the old application that they are processing now belong to the 2014 Immigration Budget.

Consider this, in 2015 Canada issued 31,000 ITA's to fulfill their Quota, this year they have issued only 18,292 ITA's till date and with 8 draws remaining there are still around 12k-13k ITA's to be issued.
This year only 24000 ITAs will be issued as the skilled worker quota is less than that of 2015.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
This has been discussed a few times... hopefully it will be true, but for now many people are stuck, out of 750 ITAs moe than half are with job offers and with PNPs.

egoo45

Aug 11, 2015
I do realize that this information is old to some members. I mentioned in the post that this seminar happened in May... I only found out about this seminar yesterday and I figured I would share it considering that September is right around the corner and some members, like myself, might not have seen it when it first came out.

If all you have to say are negative remarks please keep them to yourself. In times like these were people's lives and futures are on the balance with very little that we can do to tip the balance the right way the only thing we can do is keep a positive attitude and hope for the best.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moelaghil said:
I do realize that this information is old to some members. I mentioned in the post that this seminar happened in May... I only found out about this seminar yesterday and I figured I would share it considering that September is right around the corner and some members, like myself, might not have seen it when it first came out.

If all you have to say are negative remarks please keep them to yourself. In times like these were people's lives and futures are on the balance with very little that we can do to tip the balance the right way the only thing we can do is keep a positive attitude and hope for the best.
It's your fault to not check whether or not the info is true or not, or has it been posted here for dozen times already.

Spreading false hope and wrong info is not helping anyone.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Alexios07 said:
It's your fault to not check whether or not the info is true or not, or has it been posted here for dozen times already.
Yes - there have already been dozens of threads on the subject of this video. Please join one of the existing threads rather than starting a new one.