+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Digital photo specification

Charli123

Feb 12, 2015
Dear Friends,

I received my ITA recently and went to get the digital photo. As per the specification provided in EE profile, the photo frame size should be 35mmX45mm. However, the photographer informed me that the CIC has changed the photo specification lately and the new size is 50mm X 70 mm. So I returned back without photo.

I would like to know, is this correct information? if yes, why CIC has not updated on the tool tip in EE profile?

Thanks

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't follow the photographer;

Follow the Application Guide, Application Form

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charli123 said:
Dear Friends,

I received my ITA recently and went to get the digital photo. As per the specification provided in EE profile, the photo frame size should be 35mmX45mm. However, the photographer informed me that the CIC has changed the photo specification lately and the new size is 50mm X 70 mm. So I returned back without photo.

I would like to know, is this correct information? if yes, why CIC has not updated on the tool tip in EE profile?

Thanks
Charli123,
There are 2 times when you need send across photos to CIC. Once after receiving ITA, you need to upload Digital photo as part of the application that you put forth. The following is specification that was shown to me back in October. Please click the small ? (Help icon) next to the Photo to see what size they exactly require.
---
Frame Size:
•The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
•The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
•The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
•Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/resolution:
•If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
•The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
•The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
•The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.
----

The second time they ask you photos is when you get Passport request. They ask you to send Passport and Printed photos. The specification of the photos is given below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

Charli123

Feb 12, 2015
Thanks rajanvnv...It is a great relief...

rajanvnv said:
Charli123,
There are 2 times when you need send across photos to CIC. Once after receiving ITA, you need to upload Digital photo as part of the application that you put forth. The following is specification that was shown to me back in October. Please click the small ? (Help icon) next to the Photo to see what size they exactly require.
---
Frame Size:
•The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
•The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
•The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
•Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/resolution:
•If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
•The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
•The final size of the image should ideally be 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
•The image must be in colour (24 bits per pixel) in RGB colour space, which is the common output for most digital cameras.
----

The second time they ask you photos is when you get Passport request. They ask you to send Passport and Printed photos. The specification of the photos is given below:

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Just to confirm - we should submit 35x45mm in the e-APR and then 50x70mm if CIC requests it for in PPR?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any clarification on this subject please? this is the link I used:

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Any clarification on this subject please? this is the link I used:

Those are the correct specs.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad. We should use these for E-APR and PPR correct?

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
'The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm. '

This does not contradict the 50 mm by 70 mm size requirement. You can go with the new size without contradicting what was said in the e-APR.

Charli123 said:
Dear Friends,

Thanks

Reactions: sharma.tarundeep

Bijoy.Mohajan

Jan 24, 2018
Hi,
While uploading Digital Photo before
e-APR do I need to upload both the sides of the photo?

As in the back side CIC need photographer info. as well as Date od birth of the applicant?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Why do you need a photographer for eAPR, all you need is a good smart phone, a white wall and a free passport photo app, it will edit the photo per specifications of any country

rima91

Nov 17, 2018
Why do you need a photographer for eAPR, all you need is a good smart phone, a white wall and a free passport photo app, it will edit the photo per specifications of any country
Are you serious? I thought it had to be from a legitmate professional studio so that they make sure its not tampered.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Dear Friends,

Thanks
The one you upload, digital copy, is 35x45mm.
The one you send for CoPR is 50x70mm, hard copy with photographer stamp and date of picture on the back.
Both images should not be more than 6 months old.