+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE CRS tool gives 406 but FSWP eligibility is not passing

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Hello everyone,

I am trying to help my relative in India apply for Canadian PR from India. She has a PhD from the US, lots of work experience, but is above 45 and so no points for age and has no Canadian experience. She has a brother in Ontario and so some points for that.
I tried the basic EE eligibility questionnaire and it said she is eligible under FSWP. I then went and checked the score card of the FSWP and she gets 65 out of 100 which is below the cut-off of 67.
I tried the CRS tool and it gave her a score of 406. But the CRS tool also says "Use this tool if you are eligible for at least one Express Entry program".
So this has left me a little confused. Would she not be eligible because of the FSWP score? If the EE eligibility questionnaire says pass and gives a number to start with the profile, would that mean the profile will later fail eligibility?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I am trying to help my relative in India apply for Canadian PR from India. She has a PhD from the US, lots of work experience, but is above 45 and so no points for age and has no Canadian experience. She has a brother in Ontario and so some points for that.
I tried the basic EE eligibility questionnaire and it said she is eligible under FSWP. I then went and checked the score card of the FSWP and she gets 65 out of 100 which is below the cut-off of 67.
I tried the CRS tool and it gave her a score of 406. But the CRS tool also says "Use this tool if you are eligible for at least one Express Entry program".
So this has left me a little confused. Would she not be eligible because of the FSWP score? If the EE eligibility questionnaire says pass and gives a number to start with the profile, would that mean the profile will later fail eligibility?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, she will fail eligibility if she has less than 67 under the FSW points system. She will not be able to set up a real EE profile. The results returned will be that she is ineligible.

Reactions: ski

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
24 (Language Proficiency) + 25 (Education) + 15 (Work Experience) + 2 (Age) = 66 max points

Used Chatgpt for it. Did I (or ChatGPT) miss anything here? If not, they're not eligible yet. She can add secondary language points through French and become eligible.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
24 (Language Proficiency) + 25 (Education) + 15 (Work Experience) + 2 (Age) = 66 max points

Used Chatgpt for it. Did I (or ChatGPT) miss anything here? If not, they're not eligible yet. She can add secondary language points through French and become eligible.
That unfortunately is the problem. She got CLB level 4 in French speaking. Listening, Reading and Writing in French was CLB 5. So 0 points for second language. For English, got 20 points as 8.5 in all categories. Maybe she can practice more in French and try again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That unfortunately is the problem. She got CLB level 4 in French speaking. Listening, Reading and Writing in French was CLB 5. So 0 points for second language. For English, got 20 points as 8.5 in all categories. Maybe she can practice more in French and try again.
Note that even if she manages to get her FSW score up to 67 and sets up an EE profile, her score will be too low to be selected through EE directly.

She needs to start investigating the PNP programs. EE/FSW is not an option for her.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
yes, that would be best as her age points would go down a bit further next year (both for eligibility and CRS).

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Note that even if she manages to get her FSW score up to 67 and sets up an EE profile, her score will be too low to be selected through EE directly.

She needs to start investigating the PNP programs. EE/FSW is not an option for her.
That was what we were thinking. Since her brother lives in Ontario, she can apply for provincial nomination from Ontario. She has a PhD and research experience in biosciences which is a pretty hot domain now. She might have a fair chance if she applies.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That was what we were thinking. Since her brother lives in Ontario, she can apply for provincial nomination from Ontario. She has a PhD and research experience in biosciences which is a pretty hot domain now. She might have a fair chance if she applies.
OINP gives no points for family and her score is too low for OINP-EE programs. What is her NOC? Check if her NOC is selected. OINP has NOCs in tech, healthcare and trades that are selected.

Only option is for a job offer in Ontario for PNP.

If she has PhD, can she get a fellowship or post-doc appointment with a university. This doesn’t guarantee PR though.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please do check the scores for the Ontario draws. The score she has right now will not get her there. Maybe if she maxes out her English language test scores and the French then she would have enough.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

ski

Nov 20, 2013
OINP gives no points for family and her score is too low for OINP-EE programs. What is her NOC? Check if her NOC is selected. OINP has NOCs in tech, healthcare and trades that are selected.

Only option is for a job offer in Ontario for PNP.

If she has PhD, can she get a fellowship or post-doc appointment with a university. This doesn’t guarantee PR though.
Her NOC is related to healthcare research.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Her NOC code is 21110 - Biologists and related scientists
See the link provided above.

Unfortunately not on the list for Ontario.

Reactions: ski and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Her NOC code is 21110 - Biologists and related scientists
As said, she is not eligible for the OINP EE stream. Not a healthcare NOC. She needs to find a job offer and meet the requirements for Foreign Skilled Workers - Job offer stream. Having a sibling in Ontario is of no benefit for OINP.

Or as mentioned, pursue a post doc fellowship with a university and get a job offer. However, this may not be eligible for OINP and may not give PR through EE either.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
As said, she is not eligible for the OINP EE stream. Not a healthcare NOC. She needs to find a job offer and meet the requirements for Foreign Skilled Workers - Job offer stream. Having a sibling in Ontario is of no benefit for OINP.

Or as mentioned, pursue a post doc fellowship with a university and get a job offer. However, this may not be eligible for OINP and may not give PR through EE either.
I will let her know. Getting a post-doc will give her chance in the Canadian Experience Class and so will increase her score.

Thanks everyone for your help.