+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE / CEC intention to leave Quebec for applicants living in Quebec

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Hi,
I applied for PR through EE / CEC. I currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec, and my work permit is valid until Jan 2020. I understand that it is a requirement to leave Quebec to be eligible for this PR application.

In my PR application, I attached a "letter of intent" and explained that I have not made any arrangements to live in Quebec beyond my current work permit end date (Jan 2020), and have been applying extensively for jobs outside Quebec in all other provinces. I even provided links and references to the jobs I have applied to, and mentioned that I hope to hear back from these jobs in the next few months.
I also explained if I don't find a job and I am contacted by IRCC regarding my intention to leave Quebec, I am willing and ready to leave Quebec immediately. But until a decision for my PR is not given to me, my status in Canada is tied to my current "employer-specific (closed) work permit" in Quebec. So I cannot leave Quebec, unless I find a new status.

Do you think this might convince the immigration officer? What are your recommendations for me in this situation?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I applied for PR through EE / CEC. I currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec, and my work permit is valid until Jan 2020. I understand that it is a requirement to leave Quebec to be eligible for this PR application.

In my PR application, I attached a "letter of intent" and explained that I have not made any arrangements to live in Quebec beyond my current work permit end date (Jan 2020), and have been applying extensively for jobs outside Quebec in all other provinces. I even provided links and references to the jobs I have applied to, and mentioned that I hope to hear back from these jobs in the next few months.
I also explained if I don't find a job and I am contacted by IRCC regarding my intention to leave Quebec, I am willing and ready to leave Quebec immediately. But until a decision for my PR is not given to me, my status in Canada is tied to my current "employer-specific (closed) work permit" in Quebec. So I cannot leave Quebec, unless I find a new status.

Do you think this might convince the immigration officer? What are your recommendations for me in this situation?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
The short answer is no. This letter is not enough based on other cases we've seen on this forum. You should expect that you will receive a letter from IRCC indicating that they intend to deny your application unless you are able to provide hard evidence that you plan to settled outside of Quebec.

The recommendation is that you find a job outside of the province of Quebec as soon as you can and move.

GwenFayeth

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
The short answer is no. This letter is not enough based on other cases we've seen on this forum. You should expect that you will receive a letter from IRCC indicating that they intend to deny your application unless you are able to provide hard evidence that you plan to settled outside of Quebec.

The recommendation is that you find a job outside of the province of Quebec as soon as you can and move.
What if I do not find a job until they get back to me? Is there any other way to demonstrate my willingness to leave Quebec? Isn't the fact that my work permit in Quebec already ending very soon, enough grounds for me to not want to stay here?

What if I move back to my home country and tell them I now reside outside Canada? Does that help?

Last edited:

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
What if I do not find a job until they get back to me? Is there any other way to demonstrate my willingness to leave Quebec? Isn't the fact that my work permit in Quebec already ending very soon, enough grounds for me to not want to stay here?

What if I move back to my home country and tell them I now reside outside Canada? Does that help?
i am in same condition
can you please let me know that what your application status?how you prove that you are leaving out of qubec?

askingforhelp

Jan 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have been reading that many people living in Quebec gets rejected due to not having strong evidence of moving out of Quebec.

Currently, I work in Quebec but will move to Ontario next month. Today I received my ITA and started filling my profile.
I know that just selecting "Province intended to live" as Ontario would not be enough but if I get my Ontario lease starting next month as a support, what are my chances? Do I have to reside in Ontario around 6 months to make it legit? Note that I have to send my profile before May so I will be only living in Ontario for a month or two if I wait until the deadline to submit my PR application.

I currently don't have a job offer from Ontario but can prove that I will be enrolled to a flight school.
Also do I have to quit from my job in Quebec when I submit my profile since my payroll would be still from Quebec (I'm working from home).

Thank you.

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been reading that many people living in Quebec gets rejected due to not having strong evidence of moving out of Quebec.

Currently, I work in Quebec but will move to Ontario next month. Today I received my ITA and started filling my profile.
I know that just selecting "Province intended to live" as Ontario would not be enough but if I get my Ontario lease starting next month as a support, what are my chances? Do I have to reside in Ontario around 6 months to make it legit? Note that I have to send my profile before May so I will be only living in Ontario for a month or two if I wait until the deadline to submit my PR application.

I currently don't have a job offer from Ontario but can prove that I will be enrolled to a flight school.
Also do I have to quit from my job in Quebec when I submit my profile since my payroll would be still from Quebec (I'm working from home).

Thank you.
Im in the same situation Ive applied on October form Quebec with an explanation letter about your plans . once moved to ON I've sent them the new lease . Im still waiting for the processing and the final decision because my employer is in Quebec

good luck

Reactions: Rapri

ZFRM16

Feb 20, 2021
Hi to all, I am also in same situation I applied my PR and need to intend to live outside Quebec. I provided some proof but the VO was not satisfied so I receive a procedural fairness letter last feb 17. Need to provide proof within 30days. I am living now here in Toronto and got a job offer letter. Can anyone tell me if I still need to hire an immigration lawyer to response to them properly ? Does the Job offer letter enough strong proof of my intention to settle outside Quebec? TIA.

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
Hi to all, I am also in same situation I applied my PR and need to intend to live outside Quebec. I provided some proof but the VO was not satisfied so I receive a procedural fairness letter last feb 17. Need to provide proof within 30days. I am living now here in Toronto and got a job offer letter. Can anyone tell me if I still need to hire an immigration lawyer to response to them properly ? Does the Job offer letter enough strong proof of my intention to settle outside Quebec? TIA.
Yup absolutely. Thats the strongest evidence you can get. No need to hire lawyer.

Reactions: ZFRM16

ZFRM16

Feb 20, 2021
Yup absolutely. Thats the strongest evidence you can get. No need to hire lawyer.
thank you for your reply. I do have anxiety now because procedural fairness letter they say it’s the last chance for PR to be approve otherwise the opposite.
is it okay even if I don’t have lease? Cause I am staying with my close friends apartment to save me some rent expenses.

erwin2020

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi

witch proof did you provided when you submitted your application? Also what’s your AOR please ?

the offer is a good proof also join an explanation letter about where you are living and any other proof , bank statement ..::

felix-m

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Earth
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-05-2020
thank you for your reply. I do have anxiety now because procedural fairness letter they say it’s the last chance for PR to be approve otherwise the opposite.
is it okay even if I don’t have lease? Cause I am staying with my close friends apartment to save me some rent expenses.
U can show the officer your OHIP card and ontario driving license

ZFRM16

Feb 20, 2021
Hi

witch proof did you provided when you submitted your application? Also what’s your AOR please ?

the offer is a good proof also join an explanation letter about where you are living and any other proof , bank statement ..::
hi here’s my timeline: submitted Oct 2019
AOR: Dec 28 2019
Last update Feb 17 need to prove intent to live outside Quebec

I have provide support letter from my friend where I am staying and proof I change my address with my bank and fido phone bill.
Also I submitted job offer last nov2020 but it has expired because I have restricted wp so I need owp to work with them. I lost the job sad to say. That’s why VO ask me to submit another proof that I am establishing here in Ontario.

Reactions: erwin2020

ZFRM16

Feb 20, 2021
U can show the officer your OHIP card and ontario driving license
I don’t have both. In order for me to get OHIP I need a declared job here but since I don’t have wp yet so I cannot acquire health card. I just applied for an Ontario photo card and I have only the proof of receipt (1month for ID to be delivered) and I’m planning to get g1 knowledge test this Monday so I can submit it as well. proof that I am establishing here in Ontario. I hope it will be okay because this is my last chance to be approve for my PR. Most of all we need prayers

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
I don’t have both. In order for me to get OHIP I need a declared job here but since I don’t have wp yet so I cannot acquire health card. I just applied for an Ontario photo card and I have only the proof of receipt (1month for ID to be delivered) and I’m planning to get g1 knowledge test this Monday so I can submit it as well. proof that I am establishing here in Ontario. I hope it will be okay because this is my last chance to be approve for my PR. Most of all we need prayers
Hi!

We are in a similar situation with you, only that we still need to find an Ontario job in time. May I ask do you have any updates on gathering all those evidences? Did you submit them and is there any response from VO?

Wish you all the best!