+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE applied in March, 400+, PNP freeze, PGWP expires in Oct, What can I do?

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
Hi everyone, I am pretty sure some of you guys are in the same boat and I'd like to know what is your plan.

I've applied EE in early March 2016, score 418, waiting for NOIs from OINP but it is now closed due to max capacity. As shown on website: "Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016."

My work permit is expiring in Oct 2016 and my work place would not do LMIA for me :(

What are you planning to do? So far, I have applied for school and get a study permit in order to stay in Canada. Next available option is to apply for a visitor visa for another 6 months of stay.

How likely do you think I will get PR? If I go back to my country, I feel like my chances are even lower but I dont know.

Please let me know what you think/feel free to contact me. Feeling very nervous and anxious :'( :'(

Thanks,
Tim
647-861-1223

alb009

Oct 10, 2015
timothysham said:
Hi everyone, I am pretty sure some of you guys are in the same boat and I'd like to know what is your plan.

I've applied EE in early March 2016, score 418, waiting for NOIs from OINP but it is now closed due to max capacity. As shown on website: "Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016."

My work permit is expiring in Oct 2016 and my work place would not do LMIA for me :(

What are you planning to do? So far, I have applied for school and get a study permit in order to stay in Canada. Next available option is to apply for a visitor visa for another 6 months of stay.

How likely do you think I will get PR? If I go back to my country, I feel like my chances are even lower but I dont know.

Please let me know what you think/feel free to contact me. Feeling very nervous and anxious :'( :'(

Thanks,
Tim
647-861-1223
Try to apply to PNPs to other provinces.Without an ITA/AOR , you can't apply for BOWP.

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
alb009 said:
Try to apply to PNPs to other provinces.Without an ITA/AOR , you can't apply for BOWP.
Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me more about it? Or direct me to a link to learn more. Thanks in advance!

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Look for ways to increase your CRS by taking Ielts again or by getting WES evaluation for your foreign degree if you have one. Going back on a student permit is also a good idea if you are young and wanted to study more.

Try for nomination from other provinces as well, visit their websites and look what they are offering. Anything you have to act fast since you are running out of time.

Keep Visitor visa as a last resource.

Good Luck.

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
nmeka said:
Look for ways to increase your CRS by taking Ielts again or by getting WES evaluation for your foreign degree if you have one. Going back on a student permit is also a good idea if you are young and wanted to study more.

Try for nomination from other provinces as well, visit their websites and look what they are offering. Anything you have to act fast since you are running out of time.

Keep Visitor visa as a last resource.

Good Luck.
I took CELPIP, is there a difference? I did decent but definitely not top of the class. No foreign degree unfortunately. Yeah looks like study permit/visitor permit are the way to go for now.

For nomination from other provinces, does it matter if I already showed interest to Ontario? Also, does that mean I have to stay in the province for a certain period of time?

Please advise.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not expert but I have following suggestion if that works.

Apply for a course that and get study permit, I think based on that study permit you can also get work permit. Once you have work permit change your study from full time to part time. (attend only one or two classes and drop rest of the subjects) because now you are only attending classes less then 15 hours per week your student work permit/part time work permit should allow you to work full time. This way you can have your job on going and your status maintained as well.

This however is kind of theory so check that if it works for you.

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
simplynd2804 said:
I am not expert but I have following suggestion if that works.

Apply for a course that and get study permit, I think based on that study permit you can also get work permit. Once you have work permit change your study from full time to part time. (attend only one or two classes and drop rest of the subjects) because now you are only attending classes less then 15 hours per week your student work permit/part time work permit should allow you to work full time. This way you can have your job on going and your status maintained as well.

Thanks for your advice. Though I am not sure how I can get a work permit based on study permit unless it is a co-op program. Interesting theory and I will definitely look into it. However, switching from full time to part time study, do I need to notify CIC?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
simplynd2804 said:

Totally wrong.

Part-time students are NOT ALLOWED to work off-campus at all.

Full-time students can work up to 20 hours/week while attending school and as many hours as they want during school breaks.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a full-time student you can apply for work permit which allows 20hr/week, the same work permit you can use to work full time if you have summer break or you are not attending classes more than 15hr/week

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Totally wrong.

Part-time students are NOT ALLOWED to work off-campus at all.

Full-time students can work up to 20 hours/week while attending school and as many hours as they want during school breaks.
Thanks for the clarification. Found below on official website.

If you have a study permit and are enrolled full-time in an eligible institution:

you may work on-campus without a work permit.
If you have a study permit and are enrolled full-time in an academic, professional or vocational training program at a designated learning institution:

you may work off campus without a work permit.
If you receive your study permit after June 1:

your study permit will indicate if you are able to work off campus. If so, you are allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week while:
your program is in session, and
full-time during scheduled breaks in the academic calendar.
You may work for any employer in Canada who is not on the ineligible employer list.

You must have the appropriate work permit in order to take part in a co-op or internship program. You also must apply for a post-graduation work permit in order to work in Canada after your studies. For more details, see Work Permits for Students.

timothysham

Jul 11, 2016
simplynd2804 said:
As a full-time student you can apply for work permit which allows 20hr/week, the same work permit you can use to work full time if you have summer break or you are not attending classes more than 15hr/week
It appears I do not have to apply for a work permit to work off-campus if I have a study permit and are enrolled full-time in an academic, professional or vocational training program at a designated learning institution. You may work off campus without a work permit.

Amser

Jul 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2015
Doc's Request.
27-11-2016 & 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-08-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
waiting
I am on the same boat. My work permit expires soon, and the employer doesn't apply for LMIA since it doesn't make any sense for them. I got the study permit, and my application submitted for OINP. No AOR after 6 months waiting, regardless of their technical issue to send invitation to EE profiles with 400+ points back in June 2015. If I go to school, I won't be able to keep my fulltime job, what will happens then? Is there anyway to get bridge work permit?