+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Application rejected after AOR received: "missing education credential assessment"!!!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singalingali said:
under fswp, you only need an ECA for the highest degree for which you are claiming points. u dont need to assess secondary school cert. WES say so.
This person stated that their highest academic schooling was secondary school. The next was flight school, for which he has a Canadian pilot's license. If a flight school education can be evaluated by WES, then I guess that's the one that should be evaluated. Otherwise - secondary school.

dealwork

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
05-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2016
IELTS Request
n/A
File Transfer...
PS
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
medicals extended on May 12, 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
Max Continuous said:
My highest level of school is secondary school. However my highest level of education is a professional license aka pilots license, for which I provided proof. I am still unclear whether they wanted an ECA for my pilots license (which doesn't make sense, as I have a Canadian license), or an ECA for my high school diploma from ages ago (which also doesn't make sense, because it is completely irrelevant).

Why, CIC. Why.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

If you have a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate, you do not need to get an ECA. You mentioned that you have Canadian license. but its not a degree,diploma or certificate. As far as I know CEC candidates dont need to provide ECA unless they want extra points. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp ( Education )
If you claimed points then ou needed ECA to prove it.

profK

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Note: You will have to provide the reference number from the report in your Express Entry profile, as well as your application for permanent residence (along with proof of your foreign credential). If we cannot validate the number you enter, we will need you to provide an electronic copy to confirm. Keep a copy in case we need to see it.

If you are invited to apply for permanent residence and do not include this assessment and proof of your foreign credential when you apply, your application is not complete and will not be accepted for processing. Any fees submitted will be returned and you will need to submit a new Express Entry profile to be considered in the future.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Max Continuous said:
Today I got the dreaded message in my account:

"Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Proof of education
You did not provide an Education Credential Assessment."

No further explanation, EE profile cancelled, fees refunded, goodbye please try again.
I'm very sorry for your situation, man. Now I'm nervous, too... Could you please clarify: did you provide your ECA number in your EE profile when you created it? Or have you not done your ECA at all?

MCB19

Mar 15, 2015
Max Continuous said:
So I would have been one of the first people to apply under the new EE system earlier this year. I'm a skilled worker with more than 12 months work in the country (helicopter pilot), I used to have a work permit through an LMIA and I am employed full time by a qualified employer.

All this gave me a bit over 1000 points so I was invited. I received my AOR within days of submitting the application, this was in February.
I submitted all the required documents that I was asked for. My proof of training/qualification are my various pilots licenses including my current Canadian one, and I added a letter of explanation, explaining this.

Today I got the dreaded message in my account:

"Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Proof of education
You did not provide an Education Credential Assessment."

No further explanation, EE profile cancelled, fees refunded, goodbye please try again.

My questions:

1) What do I do now? I have until January 2016 on my open WP. Obviously I need to apply again, but my points will have changed because I no longer have an LMIA, since I have an open WP instead.

2) Can anyone guess what sort of ECA they want? Do I need to go back to the flight school that originally issued my license 10 years ago in the US and ask them to print me off a letter of graduation or something? This is rather unusual in my profession, when you finish your training you simply get a license. There is no diploma, in the same way that you don't get a diploma when you do your drivers license..

3) WHY WHY WHY did they reject everything and make me start from square one? WHY wouldn't they simply sent me an email asking for the supposedly missing document, or an explanation?

I first tried applying for PR last year under the old system and missed the cap by 48 hours. I am at this point getting extremely irritated with CIC.

Edit: Oh god, how long are police certificates valid for these days? 6 months or a year? Because I had to submit them from three overseas countries, and the process of getting them and getting them translated took... a little while. And cost a lot of money.

Under which category u Applied for? I just read on CIC site that if ur applying under FSW u might need an ECA

Max Continuous

Nov 24, 2014
Again, I applied under CEC. I submitted my relevant Canadian licenses. I did not know I needed a ECA for my high school education. The thought that proof of high school education could even be of any relevance any more at my age and with my professional background did not even occur to me.

There was a "please upload" thing for "degree/diploma/certificate" in the online application, which I used to upload proof of my pilots licenses as I thought they want proof of my relevant professional education. I guess they actually really wanted a high school diploma and ECA for some reason.

So no, I did not submit any ECA.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
My highest level of school is secondary school. However my highest level of education is a professional license aka pilots license, for which I provided proof. I am still unclear whether they wanted an ECA for my pilots license (which doesn't make sense, as I have a Canadian license), or an ECA for my high school diploma from ages ago (which also doesn't make sense, because it is completely irrelevant).

Why, CIC. Why.
You have a Canadian license -- but did you attend a Canadian flight school? If not, I think you should get an assessment for that from WES or another of the agencies. The ECA is about education, not licenses.

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
Again, I applied under CEC. I submitted my relevant Canadian licenses. I did not know I needed a ECA for my high school education. The thought that proof of high school education could even be of any relevance any more at my age and with my professional background did not even occur to me.

There was a "please upload" thing for "degree/diploma/certificate" in the online application, which I used to upload proof of my pilots licenses as I thought they want proof of my relevant professional education. I guess they actually really wanted a high school diploma and ECA for some reason.

Sorry man, but just a question, could you see your status in ECAS?

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means you were past the first check on completeness of application

Max Continuous

Nov 24, 2014
You have a Canadian license -- but did you attend a Canadian flight school? If not, I think you should get an assessment for that from WES or another of the agencies. The ECA is about education, not licenses.
I did, as I had to convert my overseas license to a Canadian one. I was only at that flight school for a couple of weeks as it is mostly a formality and waiting for paperwork. Pilots licenses are internationally standardized under ICAO. I was initially licensed in the USA though.

So now I am still not clear what education I need to provide proof of. My high school? My original US pilots license? Both? Do I need to provide a letter from the Canadian flight school that I converted my license there, even though the license itself - a federal CANADIAN document - was provided? Heck I ran my own flight school for a few years in Australia, maybe I should write myself a graduation certificate and submit that to WES...

I have started the process of getting an ECA for my german high school diploma as well.

Getting an ECA for my US flight training is probably impossible, I highly doubt WES is qualified or able to assess flight training. Not to mention that the idea of this is just completely absurd, especially when I can show the relevant Canadian credentials AND the US pilots license (which I did).

I'm trying to get CIC on the phone and ask them which specific ECA they actually require, but naturally "due to a high volume of calls you can't be transferred".

This has been such a terrible experience overall. Only us on here really understand what it is like to have your whole life hanging by a thread, at the mercy of an unpredictable and anonymous system that is the CIC.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Max Continuous said:

Thanks for your explanation. CIC is really messed up, their website clearly states "There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class".

Max Continuous

Nov 24, 2014
"There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class".
Well that's great...

Under my NOC 2271 it says:

"Pilots and flight engineers
Completion of secondary school and graduation from a certified flying or aviation school are required."

Is that it maybe? Do they want an ECA for my high school because of this?

I mean I couldn't have gotten a pilots license in the first place if I didn't have the high school diploma, let alone been working in this job for the past 9 years, but who knows?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Max Continuous said:
Well that's great...

Completion of secondary school and graduation from a certified flying or aviation school are required."

I mean I couldn't have gotten a pilots license in the first place if I didn't have the high school diploma, let alone been working in this job for the past 9 years, but who knows?
Hmm, maybe. I didn't know there are any NOC-specific requirements, to be honest.

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Max Continuous said:
Well that's great...

Well, if it says you should have Secondary School Certificate, I honestly think it is your fault for not getting an ECA. I mean that's the easiest thing to do. You already have a Secondary School Certificate, just get an ECA of it. You are not required to do an ECA of secondary School Certificate if you actually attended a proper university.
I think your case is quite different from situations beyond one's control such as an obstinate boss who will not write the reference letter with full details because he is unhappy that you seek life outside his organisation. Your case is also different from some who have complained that their banks will not write that letter for legal reasons and will only give bank statement. Your case is different because it was entirely within your control to just get ECA. But I wish you best of luck.