+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE application rejected 07/01/2016

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That was the confusion in early days of EE. Based on member comments and refusals in the recent past, it appears that PCC is valid indefinitely only if one never visits that country (even for a day) after getting PCC.
If that were the case my PCC would have been rejected by now. I am an inland applicant AOR Aug 8 and Indian PC dates Feb 2014. I visited India for a week in April. I also submitted my Canadian PCC upfront.

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
satya.mnf said:
If that were the case my PCC would have been rejected by now. I am an inland applicant AOR Aug 8 and Indian PC dates Feb 2014. I visited India for a week in April. I also submitted my Canadian PCC upfront.
Correction - PCC dated Feb 2015

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya.mnf said:
Apparently the confusion is ongoing. My initial assessment was that PCC is valid indefinitely until you go back and live in that country for 6 months or more in a row. There were multiple counter opinions from other members and nothing was resolved. In the recent past, there were some reports on the forum that there have been refusals because the applicants had a short travel to the said country before AOR and after the PCC date.

Debate not settled yet on this one.

PN2511

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-11-2015
AOR Received.
5-11-2015
File Transfer...
3-12-2015
Passport Req..
18/4/2016
Asivad Anac said:
That was the confusion in early days of EE. Based on member comments and refusals in the recent past, it appears that PCC is valid indefinitely only if one never visits that country (even for a day) after getting PCC.
is this before or after the AOR ? I do intend to visit my home country while my file is still in process, would I need a new certificate again ? :O !

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PN2511 said:
is this before or after the AOR ? I do intend to visit my home country while my file is still in process, would I need a new certificate again ? :O !
Any travel after AOR makes no difference.

luke-wiggsy

Aug 29, 2015
Is this the same for both visa required and visa exempt countries?

I am an Australian citizen and I'm a little worried now as my PCC was Jan 2014 and I travelled back to Australia for a couple of weeks since that time.
I am September AOR and haven't heard anything back yet.

From the CIC website it directly states:
"For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

It says 'lived' not 'travelled to'. Seems a bit harsh to reject for travel, especially if I have proof of living in Canada this entire time.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luke-wiggsy said:
Is this the same for both visa required and visa exempt countries?

I am an Australian citizen and I'm a little worried now as my PCC was Jan 2014 and I travelled back to Australia for a couple of weeks since that time.
I am September AOR and haven't heard anything back yet.

From the CIC website it directly states:
"For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

It says 'lived' not 'travelled to'. Seems a bit harsh to reject for travel, especially if I have proof of living in Canada this entire time.
Visa exemption makes no difference to PCC requirements. But the debate isn't settled on this one yet. Do update the forum on your application process so that this can be put to rest.

All the best!

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's my personal experience with PCC. When I came to Canada last year, I had to furnish PCC's from Canada (where I studied 10 years ago), Singapore, Japan and India. Recently, I applied for PR providing a fresh Japanese and Indian PCC. Reason: When I last applied for a Work Permit to Canada, I was still residing in Japan so if I'd use the old one this time around, I felt it would be rejected as I was still in Japan when it was issued to me.

Similarly, between moving to Canada from Japan, I lived in India for 2 months but I still felt CIC could use that reason to refuse my application and thus supplied a fresh PCC. I could however, not provide a new PCC for Singapore because 1) I never went back to Singapore and 2) Getting a PCC from Singapore requires a formal request from CIC and hence I provided an old PCC along with my PR application.

Needless to say, CIC could still find fault in my application but I totally agree with Asivad that they probably consider PCC's indefinitely valid until you go back to the country where you received it from in the first place.

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
I visited my home country for 1 month and my wife for 2.5 months after I submitted the application and received AOR and CIC didn't asked for new police certificate. Although I didn't mention to CIC that I went to my home country for a vacation as well.

luke-wiggsy

Aug 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Visa exemption makes no difference to PCC requirements. But the debate isn't settled on this one yet. Do update the forum on your application process so that this can be put to rest.

All the best!
I'm going to see an immigration lawyer this afternoon so I will add it to the list of things to inquire about!

temzmama

May 21, 2015
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
As you mentioned your current address at the time of application is in Canada, CIC expects a PCC obtained after Nov 11. If the application have had your Indian address, then the PCC what you have submitted could have met the requirements.

Write a letter (CSE) to CIC explaining that you did not move to Canada but went on a holiday trip. I hope thy will re-open your file. Wish you good luck.

+1

I think an applicants address history is checked against the PC, so if you state your address (residence) as being in a particular country, your PC should likewise cover that period, especially if it is a country you have previously lived in for more than 6 months.

So I think the main reason he got refused was because he used a Canada address as his current place of residence (which should have only been stated under travel history) and not because he visited Canada for a few days before AOR and after his PC was issued.

satya.mnf

Star Member
May 22, 2015
temzmama said:
+1

I think an applicants address history is checked against the PC, so if you state your address (residence) as being in a particular country, your PC should likewise cover that period, especially if it is a country you have previously lived in for more than 6 months.

So I think the main reason he got refused was because he used a Canada address as his current place of residence (which should have only been stated under travel history) and not because he visited Canada for a few days before AOR and after his PC was issued.
I concur. The important part is your Address History. I think if you mentioned Canadian address in your Address history then there is a problem. I don't believe a Canadian address in the 'correspondence address' section would have caused a rejection. Again, just a guess.

jo4977

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-02-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
passed
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
chaitanyaprsd1 said:
As you mentioned your current address at the time of application is in Canada, CIC expects a PCC obtained after Nov 11. If the application have had your Indian address, then the PCC what you have submitted could have met the requirements.

Write a letter (CSE) to CIC explaining that you did not move to Canada but went on a holiday trip. I hope thy will re-open your file. Wish you good luck.
Tnkx all..does any1 knows how cse works and how long it will take to get a reply if we raise one as our lawyer says nothing can be done on our rejected application...plz help

Col

Jan 8, 2016
Hi Guys, I am a Nepali National but working in Sikkim, India at present. According to Nepal India treaty, I do not need any residential permit to reside and work in India. So, would I need a police certificate from India if I get ITA during the process?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Col said:
Hi Guys, I am a Nepali National but working in Sikkim, India at present. According to Nepal India treaty, I do not need any residential permit to reside and work in India. So, would I need a police certificate from India if I get ITA during the process?
Yes.