EE Applicants with score 400 to 450 let's connect here

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tabbi said:
Thanks Manvir for your reply

My IELTS is L.8 R&W. 7 and S.7.5 i don't think i can do better than this in IELTS... i am an IT guy and i haven't seen any IT related demands in Ontario pnp... is it still possible that Ontario will invite me?
you can easily increase your score even more...
R - 8 is definitely gettable
w - 7.5 is not out of reach

listening and speaking are good as it is... even with that increase you will probably get like 6 points more...
BTW are you married or single ? i'm assuming you are married, then you should add your spouses education and he/she can write ielts also, this increases marks quite a bit.

manvir.singh.parmar

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:

listening and speaking are good as it is... even with that increase you will probably get like 6 points more...
BTW are you married or single ? i'm assuming you are married, then you should add your spouses education and he/she can write ielts also, this increases marks quite a bit.
Hi..

Please, if anyone could tell me, is it compulsory to show settlement fund 6 months old?

In case ontario reopens in November'16, my funds will be around 2 months old only.Will it be of problem??

Beside ,i have both government and private bank account, former is 3 months old & latter is 5 years old. which one out of these should i use to show funds?

Thanks....

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
manvir.singh.parmar said:
Hi..

Please, if anyone could tell me, is it compulsory to show settlement fund 6 months old?

In case ontario reopens in November'16, my funds will be around 2 months old only.Will it be of problem??

Beside ,i have both government and private bank account, former is 3 months old & latter is 5 years old. which one out of these should i use to show funds?

Thanks....
As long as the money is yours and not borrowed, it need not necessarily be 6 months old. The whole point of asking for 6 months statements is to see if you have borrowed funds in your account. You should be good to go!

manvir.singh.parmar

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
As long as the money is yours and not borrowed, it need not necessarily be 6 months old. The whole point of asking for 6 months statements is to see if you have borrowed funds in your account. You should be good to go!
Thanks for reply Raj

However, how else i can show that the money is not borrowed , i think only way to prove it is to have last 6 months bank statement?

I have some money in my company provident fund & rest is cash, will fixed deposit be considered?

Beside, should i go for government or private bank?

Please answer these queries ...

Thanks again

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
thestunner316 said:

Thanks dear, i will consider retaking ielts.. but what if i score even lower than previous one... thats why i am being cautious about retaking ielts.

And I am single... never married.. so no more points here :(

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
manvir.singh.parmar said:
Thanks for reply Raj

However, how else i can show that the money is not borrowed , i think only way to prove it is to have last 6 months bank statement?

I have some money in my company provident fund & rest is cash, will fixed deposit be considered?

Beside, should i go for government or private bank?

Please answer these queries ...

Thanks again
Anyway you can. If you have sold a car/property, you can submit the sale receipt. If you have saved it from your salary, then show the salary credits into your account. If you got it as a gift from your parents, submit an affidavit and gift deed. The type of bank is immaterial. All they care about is the money - if you have it and they are unencumbered, you are good to go.

Yes, you can use FDs (however, these FDs should be breakable anytime).

pratikt9

Jan 20, 2016
tabbi said:
Thanks dear, i will consider retaking ielts.. but what if i score even lower than previous one... thats why i am being cautious about retaking ielts.

And I am single... never married.. so no more points here :(
If you score lower than previous one than it wont affect your application in any case, You can still count any of the valid result you want. It's not like, you have another test result thus previous will be void. Practice, sure you can do that.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pratikt9 said:
If you score lower than previous one than it wont affect your application in any case, You can still count any of the valid result you want. It's not like, you have another test result thus previous will be void. Practice, sure you can do that.
just to add on, i have seen people write ielts 4-5 times until they got the desired results, i know it takes weeks to get seats and prepare, but EVERY SINGLE point counts... just ask the guys in the forums everywhere who have 481 score, and cutoff has not decreased from 482 since last several months.

mr_j936

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hello

I have a score of 438, I have the following on IELTS Listening 8.5 reading 7(I was shocked at the bad reading result) writing 7.5 and speaking 7.5
And this from my first try at IELTS(though a month of practice at home) I am wondering if I should repeat it, as I could get an extra 3 points out of express entry and be 441 if I can hit that max on the reading. But since I am surprised at my reading result since it was ironically the only part I was 100% sure of, and I have no clue where I could have made mistakes, I am a bit hesitant.

Anyway, now I am busting my hump trying to improve my french, I took french as a kid (last course was 9 years ago) So I have a decent base to build on, but that TEF exam is 400 euros... So right now I am doing a bit of french while waiting for scores to come down. I am 27 years old, applicants start losing points at 30 and above I think?(5 points for each year beyond 30) So I figured no rush until I start closing on 30(which by then I have to repeat the IELTS anyway)

Do you guys think there is a real chance of the requirements dropping to around 430? I read/heard that they will no longer be taking from the old system beyond this October... And some even saying it will reach down to 400(which to me seems overly optimistic...)

Anyway that was kind of a pointless ramble, goodluck to everyone :)

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
pratikt9 said:
Thank you dear, i am going to give it a try. Hope for best.
Any suggestions or some guide for preparation?

Thanks

tabbi

Jun 1, 2014
thestunner316 said:
just to add on, i have seen people write ielts 4-5 times until they got the desired results, i know it takes weeks to get seats and prepare, but EVERY SINGLE point counts... just ask the guys in the forums everywhere who have 481 score, and cutoff has not decreased from 482 since last several months.
Considering this fact, i have very very low chance but only hope for me to get a nomination certificate, of which, only 3 or 4 provinces could possibly give to someone without a valid job offer.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Jugzy said:
Sitting at 457....hoping and praying....counting down to next week Wednesday....
Well, I'm sorry but I have to tell you this - you have to see the things happening affecting the draw - OINP has been issuing nominations at a great pace lately. The CRS is going to remain high because of this, IMO. I'm not discouraging you but I'm just giving you a dose a reality. I suggest you to improve your score or try getting a PNP!

I wish you success and good luck!

manvir.singh.parmar

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr_j936 said:
Hello

I have a score of 438, I have the following on IELTS Listening 8.5 reading 7(I was shocked at the bad reading result) writing 7.5 and speaking 7.5
And this from my first try at IELTS(though a month of practice at home) I am wondering if I should repeat it, as I could get an extra 3 points out of express entry and be 441 if I can hit that max on the reading. But since I am surprised at my reading result since it was ironically the only part I was 100% sure of, and I have no clue where I could have made mistakes, I am a bit hesitant.

Anyway, now I am busting my hump trying to improve my french, I took french as a kid (last course was 9 years ago) So I have a decent base to build on, but that TEF exam is 400 euros... So right now I am doing a bit of french while waiting for scores to come down. I am 27 years old, applicants start losing points at 30 and above I think?(5 points for each year beyond 30) So I figured no rush until I start closing on 30(which by then I have to repeat the IELTS anyway)

Do you guys think there is a real chance of the requirements dropping to around 430? I read/heard that they will no longer be taking from the old system beyond this October... And some even saying it will reach down to 400(which to me seems overly optimistic...)

Anyway that was kind of a pointless ramble, goodluck to everyone :)
5 points will decrease when you become 29 ...and from there it will 5 /year.....