IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
gillyroman said:
Hello people :)

Long time lurker and first time poster here. Firstly thank you for all the information you guys have posted in the thread.
So, I am at CRS score 441, haven't yet given up hope on getting an ITA and there is a small query that I need your counsel on.
I am an Indian citizen working there, and I am being offered a short term opportunity to work at Netherlands as a part of my job (should be around 6 months), and if everything falls into place as expected I may have to leave in 2 months. My question is that if I happen to be abroad at the time when I get an ITA, how difficult would it be for me to pursue the rest of the process ? Would my going derail the whole application process ?
If you happen to be abroad when you get ITA, it will not cause any issue as you will upload all documents online and inform CIC; in that you will also tell you are residing in NL. And the process will not derail just because you happen to be in some other country.

Also, can I take some advance measures to be prepared ? As in, can I apply for the PCC and Medical checks and be ready with them in advance ? (I also suppose that I may have to get a PCC for the time I am in a different country as well.) Or does the requirements mandate that you should get these done only after you get your ITA ?
No, you cannot apply for medicals as it is only done once you get ITA. PCC are only valid for 3 months before the date of application reaches CIC (via online in this case), so you cannot get PCC done now also. Only thing is as you are staying in NL for 6 months, you will need to get PCC from NL. So enquire about it and get ready for this in terms of process and also before you leave NL, get one. 3 month validity will not apply here because you are neither resident nor citizen of NL.

Please help!
All the best

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Hi all , i have been a long term reader of this great forum but today im posting here for the first time.

My CRS scores are 449 (including my ielts R9 L8.5 W7.5 S8) and my wifes overall 6.5 bands. I have 7 years of corporate sales experience with my credentials ECA'd to Masters.

The situation : Since 2012 onwards I am not working in any companies/corporates or self formed company - reason being my mother's ever declining health and father's inability to withstand the storm alone. My father was under huge debts and i spent all my money to help him. At present, my mothers situation has worsened and since i lost 2-3 years im not getting good job offers at my native place. And i cant go back to the metropolitan i was working earlier. This has rendered gap in my professional life.

My query : I want to ask the experts here, will thiw adversely affect possibilities of my ITA? If yes, what should be the best possible ethical way ahead out of this ?

Thanks in advance !

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Bablaa said:
Hi all , i have been a long term reader of this great forum but today im posting here for the first time.

My CRS scores are 449 (including my ielts R9 L8.5 W7.5 S8) and my wifes overall 6.5 bands. I have 7 years of corporate sales experience with my credentials ECA'd to Masters.

The situation : Since 2012 onwards I am not working in any companies/corporates or self formed company - reason being my mother's ever declining health and father's inability to withstand the storm alone. My father was under huge debts and i spent all my money to help him. At present, my mothers situation has worsened and since i lost 2-3 years im not getting good job offers at my native place. And i cant go back to the metropolitan i was working earlier. This has rendered gap in my professional life.

My query : I want to ask the experts here, will thiw adversely affect possibilities of my ITA? If yes, what should be the best possible ethical way ahead out of this ?

Thanks in advance !
First of all i would like to appreciate your sacrifice for the sake of your mother. Reward of this nicest gesture towards mother will book your place in heaven. You have already gained greatest place hereafter. Secondly, cic is not offering you a job that they will reject your profile because weren't employed since couple of years. What more important is if you have gained required points to qualify and becoming eligible for expression of interest and also eligible for fswp i.e 67/100 points. If you are meeting all the requirements then you may receive an ita once the score will go down to below 450. Once you receive an ita, you may require to mention your gap of around two years in personal history and attach LOE by letting cic know the reason of remained unemployed for a period of time. Rest your gap wont become a barrier for you if your experience is within 10 years.

I hope this answers your question

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Bablaa said:

Thanks in advance !
Besides, we all pray for your mother to recover quickly and healthy as before. Goodluck

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Thanks Affan_123 for truly heart warming words. This is the nicest thing anyone has told me in sometime now. I am grateful for your gesture.

Thanks for your clarification too. In the LOE, do I have to show the medical history of my mother's illness in the form of doctor prescriptions? I hope my understanding is correct.

She's suffering from Alzheimer's and possibility of any recovery/treatment is close to nil.

quote author=affan_123 link=topic=287701.msg4544987#msg4544987 date=1439146884]
First of all i would like to appreciate your sacrifice for the sake of your mother. Reward of this nicest gesture towards mother will book your place in heaven. You have already gained greatest place hereafter. Secondly, cic is not offering you a job that they will reject your profile because weren't employed since couple of years. What more important is if you have gained required points to qualify and becoming eligible for expression of interest and also eligible for fswp i.e 67/100 points. If you are meeting all the requirements then you may receive an ita once the score will go down to below 450. Once you receive an ita, you may require to mention your gap of around two years in personal history and attach LOE by letting cic know the reason of remained unemployed for a period of time. Rest your gap wont become a barrier for you if your experience is within 10 years.

I hope this answers your question
[/quote]

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bablaa said:
Thanks Affan_123 for truly heart warming words. This is the nicest thing anyone has told me in sometime now. I am grateful for your gesture.

Thanks for your clarification too. In the LOE, do I have to show the medical history of my mother's illness in the form of doctor prescriptions? I hope my understanding is correct.

She's suffering from Alzheimer's and possibility of any recovery/treatment is close to nil.
Not required at all. CIC needs proof only for the points you claim. It is your choice to work or not to work at any point in time and you don't have to justify that to CIC. As affan_123 correctly pointed out, CIC is not a prospective employer.

Just ensure that you meet basic program eligibility and have enough document to validate your CRS scores. That would suffice.

All the best!

PS: Hope you've factored in that your parents won't be able to accompany you to Canada permanently. You can get them a Super Visa eventually but that will take a few months at the least. And even then, they can't stay with you permanently. Family class sponsorship is possible but, for parents, that will mean a long waiting time.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Livi said:
what about a whats app group?
there are already more than 10 whatsapp group created ..

check it here.. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/whatsapp-group-for-instant-messagings-and-discussions-express-entry-t254138.0.html

sylvia1600

Jul 7, 2015
I am still waiting for my IELTs results, which will be released this Friday. The highest I could get if I achieve the top band is 444. However, my estimates will be 432 right now. Let's see whether I need to retake IELTs.

My work permit expires by March 2016, so the time is really tight. Sometimes I get worried that I could not fall asleep because I don't want to be forced to quit my job. However, another part of me just keeps telling myself to treat this as a message to follow another path in life. Let's see what happens. Good luck everyone!

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
sylvia1600 said:
I am still waiting for my IELTs results, which will be released this Friday. The highest I could get if I achieve the top band is 444. However, my estimates will be 432 right now. Let's see whether I need to retake IELTs.

My work permit expires by March 2016, so the time is really tight. Sometimes I get worried that I could not fall asleep because I don't want to be forced to quit my job. However, another part of me just keeps telling myself to treat this as a message to follow another path in life. Let's see what happens. Good luck everyone!
I'm in the same boat as you. I couldn't get any point higher than 449. I don't want to leave the country or is forced to leave my job. I work so hard to get to this point, I have been living in Canada for 9 years, and they still don't want me? I'm very frustrated, yet don't want to lose hope. So I would like to wish you all the best as well!!

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
Thanks for your reply @ Asivad Anac.

Yes, I understand that I wont be able to take my mother along with me immediately. At this point I am stuck. My career aint moving in any direction. As of now it seems the best possible decision (keeping all the factors in view). Lets hope I get the ITA first and the ball starts rolling. Everything else will hopefully follow soon too.

Once again thanks, and best of luck for your application progress :)
Asivad Anac said:
Not required at all. CIC needs proof only for the points you claim. It is your choice to work or not to work at any point in time and you don't have to justify that to CIC. As affan_123 correctly pointed out, CIC is not a prospective employer.

Just ensure that you meet basic program eligibility and have enough document to validate your CRS scores. That would suffice.

All the best!

PS: Hope you've factored in that your parents won't be able to accompany you to Canada permanently. You can get them a Super Visa eventually but that will take a few months at the least. And even then, they can't stay with you permanently. Family class sponsorship is possible but, for parents, that will mean a long waiting time.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
AjBuck said:
the 14th draw was 471 :(
So the cut-off has gone up! The way EE applications are moving its unlikely they will breach the lower threshold of 450 this year. Not being pessimist just applying a little rationale. CIC has been emphasising that they first wish to clear the backlog of 2014 with only 10-15% EE PRs this year. I feel the EE will catch the fast track from Jan 1 , 2016.

All the best to all!

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
My score in 447 and i'm much disappointed with the score outcome of 14th draw :(

I was hoping to get ITA in this draw but it seems to me that CIC is not willing to reduce score below 450 :(

What you guys think that will CIC reduce score below 450 in coming draws either 15th, 16th or 17th ?

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)

Amy2Canada

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rafzy said:
My score in 447 and i'm much disappointed with the score outcome of 14th draw :(

I was hoping to get ITA in this draw but it seems to me that CIC is not willing to reduce score below 450 :(

What you guys think that will CIC reduce score below 450 in coming draws either 15th, 16th or 17th ?

Hope to hear from you guys soon :)
447 is a good score! If the next draw is done this week with 1500 ITAs, strong chances that the cut off would be around 450.

Cheers,
Amy