+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants who are already in Canada for years ... Police Certificates?

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
One of the item in the document checklist is Police Certificates - the info bubble says "we will contact you if you need police certificate in Canada" - does that mean I don't need to upload anything? Or should I upload something (LOE?) that states I have been living in Canada for the last 10 years and thus don't have police certificate to submit?

I checked the RCMP website and seems like they will only do it if you have letter from CIC.

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
you dont need to submit Canadian police certificate. If CIC decide that they want it, they will contact you and then you have to get it done

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
nastasya said:
you dont need to submit Canadian police certificate. If CIC decide that they want it, they will contact you and then you have to get it done
Thanks, so am I supposed to just leave that document blank (not upload anything), or should I upload an LOE?

nastasya

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
confusedapplicant said:
Thanks, so am I supposed to just leave that document blank (not upload anything), or should I upload an LOE?
Did you leave in other countried after you were 18? If yes then you need to upload police certificate from those countries. If not then just attach LOE saying that you only lived in canada after 18

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
nastasya said:
Did you leave in other countried after you were 18? If yes then you need to upload police certificate from those countries. If not then just attach LOE saying that you only lived in canada after 18
By "live in other countries" - they only count it if it's more than 6 months right?
I never been anywhere else other than for vacation (max 1 month), so I've always been in Canada.

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
confusedapplicant said:
One of the item in the document checklist is Police Certificates - the info bubble says "we will contact you if you need police certificate in Canada" - does that mean I don't need to upload anything? Or should I upload something (LOE?) that states I have been living in Canada for the last 10 years and thus don't have police certificate to submit?

I checked the RCMP website and seems like they will only do it if you have letter from CIC.
I did submitted mine anyway.. The chance that CIC will request it at later stage is very high. So, if you don't have it on you now, I would order it anyway. And you don't need a letter from CIC for that, tell RCMP that you are doing the upfront one, they most likely will charge you $50 for it instead of $25 when you have a letter with your application number. The point is that if CIC will request if from you later, it might take you between 2-8 weeks to get one. And sometimes CIC will give you only 7 days to upload it (pls, see some of the comments on the other threads). If you are ready to wait extra few weeks for the outcome of your application, then don't bother ordering one now. At the end of the day, it's your money and time. Good luck with your application!

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
nat29 said:
I did submitted mine anyway.. The chance that CIC will request it at later stage is very high. So, if you don't have it on you now, I would order it anyway. And you don't need a letter from CIC for that, tell RCMP that you are doing the upfront one, they most likely will charge you $50 for it instead of $25 when you have a letter with your application number.
Thanks!

Where did you do yours? I know the Toronto Police will NOT do it if you don't have reference letter

What would be the best way to get one?

debanjanghosal

Aug 25, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
You can get it done by a third party designated by RCMP. One such is Commissionaires. Following are their addresses in Toronto:-

1. Toronto, Toronto Street
15 Toronto Street
Suite 302
Toronto, ON M5C 2E3
Toll Free: 877 488 9370

2. Toronto, Church Street
80 Church Street
Toronto, ON M5C 2G1
Phone: 416 364 4496
Toll Free: 800 463 0994

Ask for a RCMP clearance certificate based on digital fingerprints.

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Thank, I checked them and it says:

It is recommended applicants bring with them a letter or file number from the requesting source, if applicable.
All identification must be current and not expired.
All digital fingerprinting requests for Canadian Citizenship must include a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This letter must include the address for third party results and should have a CIC file number, which will be included in your transaction. Please ensure this letter is available during the fingerprinting application session.
What should I bring as reference? Just my EE profile #?

nat29

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
alberta. I did it 3 times already. The last time they didn't want to do it too. The lady in RCMP asked me for the Application number. I prined out a letter from CIC with my application number E000... and got my PCC in mail 10 days later. It was worth an efford for me anyway. I preferred to have one ready rather than stress myself out and write LOE to CIC in case they request it from me tomorrow. As I say, it's all about how you want to play it.

debanjanghosal

Aug 25, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
confusedapplicant said:
Thank, I checked them and it says:

What should I bring as reference? Just my EE profile #?
EE# worked for me. You can bring the ITA with you. I tried the one in Vancouver and they had no problems in processing my request. Good luck!

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
I was in the same situation. Was in Canada since 16 years old on student permit then PGWP. Although I have been back to my home country for vacation I never lived there for over 6 months in a row. When I applied I just submitted a LOE explaining this with print screens and highlights of CIC website where they say you only need PCC from countries that you have lived for 6 months in a row.

My PR was approved and they never asked me for any PCC or RCMP.