+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Requirements: Ontario College Diploma?

Kaladze

Aug 6, 2011
Greetings!

I'm newbie on the this forum, so if I repeat the question from recent posts, please excuse!
As I'm recently started my research on CEC applications, I have a question which might be seemed a silly one, but would like to know your opinions on that subject:

I'm wondering wether a 2 year Electronics Engineering Technician – Computers diploma program at Seneca College will meet the educational requirements of CEC, if yes would it be given a normal priority while processing of my application for CEC when I apply after graduation and one year work experience being reached?

Furthermore, I believe that after graduation of two year college diploma program, I would firmly be eligible for a 2 year work permit under PGWP program without any kind of shortening of my 2 year work permit to one year?

I'm feeling ambiguous on that! Could you please share your opinions on that??
Would be very appriciated...

Kaladze

Kaladze

Aug 6, 2011
A little piece of your knowledge on that is urgently needed!

Are there any views regarding to the abovementioned?

Gentelments............... Seniors.................., please!

Kaladze

flag2009

Star Member
Aug 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-05-2011
Med's Done....
12-05-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
as of now, doing a 2 year diploma from a college, will qualify you for CEC, as long as you graduate, have 1 year experience (in 2 years) AFTER graduating, and pass both the english and medical exam.

You will also be able to get a 3 years work permit NOT 2. Again, as of NOW, no one knows if the rules will change before you graduate, please check the CIC website for the latest news on CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/index.asp

Kaladze

Aug 6, 2011
flag2009 said:
as of now, doing a 2 year diploma from a college, will qualify you for CEC, as long as you graduate, have 1 year experience (in 2 years) AFTER graduating, and pass both the english and medical exam.

You will also be able to get a 3 years work permit NOT 2. Again, as of NOW, no one knows if the rules will change before you graduate, please check the CIC website for the latest news on CEC.
But I thought, if I have done only a 2 year post - secondary diploma program (not Master program) would be eligible maximum of a 2 year work permit and no longer. The link from CIC website below states:

A work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. A Post-Graduation work permit cannot be valid for longer than the student's study program, and the study program must be a minimum of eight months in length. For example, if you graduate from a four-year degree program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the criteria. If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months. I'm wondering how I would qualify for a three year permit, could you explain me this please?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
Kaladze said:
Greetings!

I'm newbie on the this forum, so if I repeat the question from recent posts, please excuse!
As I'm recently started my research on CEC applications, I have a question which might be seemed a silly one, but would like to know your opinions on that subject:

I'm wondering wether a 2 year Electronics Engineering Technician – Computers diploma program at Seneca College will meet the educational requirements of CEC, if yes would it be given a normal priority while processing of my application for CEC when I apply after graduation and one year work experience being reached?

Furthermore, I believe that after graduation of two year college diploma program, I would firmly be eligible for a 2 year work permit under PGWP program without any kind of shortening of my 2 year work permit to one year?

I'm feeling ambiguous on that! Could you please share your opinions on that??
Would be very appriciated...

Kaladze

Youll qualify dont worry...And electrical is a really good field so there is a good chance that you will find a job in NOC a o or b