+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Documents Reqd for QSC

tahli2088

Aug 18, 2016
Do we require transcripts of Educational degrees/diplomas or DMCs with degree attested by Notary or Institute
for sending to MIDI for getting QSC?

thanks a lot in advance.

appidisr

Dec 22, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
You will need transcripts from educational institution. Notarized copies will not work.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
appidisr said:
You will need transcripts from educational institution. Notarized copies will not work.
I disagree

For my Masters in USA , I submitted original sealed transcripts from US university
For my Bachelors and School Certificates from India , I had submitted notarized copies from India.

I also got my educational documents translated ( that had text in language other than English and French) from a translation agency in Ontario , Canada.

MohitMontreal

Sep 13, 2016
Transcripts are preferable for CSQ but if you do not have it in any case then you can also submit Truly certified copy of Mark sheet by Indian Notary. Make sure you submit Marksheet in only the case if you are really not able to find the transcript.

anon-82

Aug 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does they want secondary & higher secondary certificates or only Bachelors & Masters?

My wifes Bachelor 4 year certificate is Provisional Certificate. Will Provisional cert be ok or main has to be obtain?

MohitMontreal

Sep 13, 2016
They need certificates for all the educations including 10th and 12th.

I can not confirm about provisional certificate as I am also in same condition. But I think for formal education like 10th, 12th, B.Sc, M.Sc, Engg, MCA and MBA etc they will not accept provisional. They can accept it for non-formal coursed like any part time course or training.

But Please wait for comments from an expert person for more clarity.

appidisr

Dec 22, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
@APPNOV2014NY So did they accept notarized copies? Many people on other threads have said that you will need educational copies for the issuing institution.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
appidisr said:
@APPNOV2014NY So did they accept notarized copies? Many people on other threads have said that you will need educational copies for the issuing institution.
For degrees/transcripts/mark sheets/education document from India , MIDI accepted notarized copy of documents from India.

Follow this link for more information :
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/list-authorities.html

India

Type of document

Authorities recognized for certifying
India documents

Studies, training and internships

Document issuer or
Notary of the country issuing the document

Notes:

A copy certified as true by the document issuer is always the preferred format. Note that processing time is required to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided. The processing time could be shorter if you submit copies certified as true by the issuer.

If you are outside the territory of India, you can have your documents certified as true copies by an Indian embassy or consulate.

If you want to have a document issued by a country or territory other than India certified as a true copy, you must refer to the table for the corresponding country or territory.

appidisr

Dec 22, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
Guys be careful: here is one of the experience for sending notarized copy:

Hi,
I completed my MSc from a Canadian university that was giving me 16 points in the area of training. First time, they rejected me, because my file was incomplete. Actually, I sent only transcript but forgot to add certificate of my MSc diploma. So, they asked to me to send certificate and then I certified it by "Commissioner of Oath" and sent. Next time they emailed me an "intended to refuse" letter and mentioned I need to certify my diploma from university and other methods would not be accepted. So, I did what they told and they issued CSQ within 9 days after receiving my document. Bottom line of the story is, certified true copy of diploma should be certified by the university only, other document may accept because they accepted notarized copy of my marriage certificate.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
appidisr said:
Bottom line of the story is, certified true copy of diploma should be certified by the university only
I still disagree with this statement based on my personal experience. I submitted notarized copy of education documents from India and MIDI has issued my CSQ. Considering how big a pain it is to get documents certified from Universities in few countries like India , I would stress that notarized copies of educational documents are fine as long as person notarizing documents and educational institute are from same country. MIDI prefers Certified True copies from Educational Institution but accepts Notarized copies from Notary Public.

appidisr

Dec 22, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
Sounds like it depends from person to person and who is processing your application, but approving document depends on MIDI. So to be on safe side and to avoid delay in processing time use copies certified from issuer if you don't care about processing time or delays then test your luck!!!

rokib2012

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 October 2016
AOR Received.
30 January 2017
Med's Request
22 February 2017
Med's Done....
24 February 2017
appidisr said:
Sounds like it depends from person to person and who is processing your application, but approving document depends on MIDI. So to be on safe side and to avoid delay in processing time use copies certified from issuer if you don't care about processing time or delays then test your luck!!!
You are absolutely right, it it depends from person to person and who is processing your application. I also heard from other people that certified by others was excepted for their case, so first I took chance but at the end of the day I had to send copies certified from document issuer.

@APPNOV2014NY
"I would stress that notarized copies of educational documents are fine as long as person notarizing documents and educational institute are from same country. " I think this may not true because I have been living in Montreal since 2012 and I certified my documents even from here in Montreal.

Thanks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
rokib2012 said:
You are absolutely right, it it depends from person to person and who is processing your application. I also heard from other people that certified by others was excepted for their case, so first I took chance but at the end of the day I had to send copies certified from document issuer.

@APPNOV2014NY
"I would stress that notarized copies of educational documents are fine as long as person notarizing documents and educational institute are from same country. " I think this may not true because I have been living in Montreal since 2012 and I certified my documents even from here in Montreal.

Thanks
I agree that MIDI prefers Certified Educational documents from Educational Institution over Notarized Educational documents from Notary Public. However , MIDI does accept notarized education documents. I did it for me. One acquaintance of mine submitted notarized education documents as well and he already has his CSQ.

Let's just move on and close this discussion :D

appidisr

Dec 22, 2015
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016
We will move ahead but will not close this discussion, other people who submitted recently and plan to submit application in future may have questions or updates from their recent experiences, so we will keep this thread open.