+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Assessment

Roopayan

Jan 29, 2021
Hi, my wife has B.A (3 yr course) and B.Ed (1 yr course)degrees from University of Calcutta and University of Mumbai respectively. She also has a M.A (2 yr course) masters degree from University of Calcutta. What could be her educational equivalency in the express entry profile creation form... do I need to get assessment for all the 3 degrees from WES

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi, my wife has B.A (3 yr course) and B.Ed (1 yr course)degrees from University of Calcutta and University of Mumbai respectively. She also has a M.A (2 yr course) masters degree from University of Calcutta. What could be her educational equivalency in the express entry profile creation form... do I need to get assessment for all the 3 degrees from WES
You can do all three if you want, its up to you if you want to gain couple of more points. Education in the EE profile would be "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

Roopayan

Jan 29, 2021
Hi, we have just applied to the University of Calcutta for the transcripts. We have been informed that a month's time will be required for the transcripts to get prepared. Since we reside outside Kolkata, my father-in-law has been helping us getting the formalities done. Documents submitted are photocopies of B.A. and M.A marksheets and Degree certificates and an application form (to be collected from the University). Required fees needs to be paid. Please ensure that the photocopies are clear. After a month while collecting the transcripts, they have asked to submit colour photocopies of the documents.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi, we have just applied to the University of Calcutta for the transcripts. We have been informed that a month's time will be required for the transcripts to get prepared. Since we reside outside Kolkata, my father-in-law has been helping us getting the formalities done. Documents submitted are photocopies of B.A. and M.A marksheets and Degree certificates and an application form (to be collected from the University). Required fees needs to be paid. Please ensure that the photocopies are clear. After a month while collecting the transcripts, they have asked to submit colour photocopies of the documents.
Hi many thanks for the reply, so kind of you to manage time to reply. If I am not mistaken, your father-in-law visited the university right?

So for the form, you filled and signed and send that to your father-in-law via email or anything else. Also, I guess you also had a letter to authorized your father-in-law to apply transcript on your behalf right? Is it okay if I send scan copies of all the forms (filled and signed) and other require documents to someone in Kolkata and s/he proceed in our behalf?

Last, what short of proof you submitted for the "fist date of admission"?

Roopayan

Jan 29, 2021
Hi many thanks for the reply, so kind of you to manage time to reply. If I am not mistaken, your father-in-law visited the university right?

So for the form, you filled and signed and send that to your father-in-law via email or anything else. Also, I guess you also had a letter to authorized your father-in-law to apply transcript on your behalf right? Is it okay if I send scan copies of all the forms (filled and signed) and other require documents to someone in Kolkata and s/he proceed in our behalf?

Last, what short of proof you submitted for the "fist date of admission"?
I can send you the application form on your email id , pls share the same. You need to send the hard copy of application form , can courier or speed post the same. Along with it you can send an authorization letter though it may not be required now. We did the same. Authorization letter to collect the transcript will be required along with color photocopies which I mentioned earlier.
First date of admission is generally mentioned on the Admit cards provided during admission. If you are applying for transcripts for the Bachelor's degree, the higher secondary marksheet will have an acknowledgement on the backside from the college where the applicant took admission for bachelors, photocopy of which will be required, else someone has to visit the college to get the verification/attestation done.
Having provided mostly all the required information, suggest you to arrange for someone to visit the university with all required details as I mentioned and re-clarify.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
I can send you the application form on your email id , pls share the same. You need to send the hard copy of application form , can courier or speed post the same. Along with it you can send an authorization letter though it may not be required now. We did the same. Authorization letter to collect the transcript will be required along with color photocopies which I mentioned earlier.
First date of admission is generally mentioned on the Admit cards provided during admission. If you are applying for transcripts for the Bachelor's degree, the higher secondary marksheet will have an acknowledgement on the backside from the college where the applicant took admission for bachelors, photocopy of which will be required, else someone has to visit the college to get the verification/attestation done.
Having provided mostly all the required information, suggest you to arrange for someone to visit the university with all required details as I mentioned and re-clarify.
Thank you again for your reply and kind support. I'll PM you my email id.