+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Assessment Process for Pakistani Applicants

WAJI20

Oct 22, 2016
Dear all Forum Members,

Need advice regarding ECA, I want to know which institute or service center can do ECA. for your reference please see below,

1- Graduation - Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology (SSUET) Karachi Pakistan - Electronics Engineering (2003-2006).
2- Higher Secondary Education (Inter) - Board of Intermediate Education Karachi - Regular Science Group - Mathematic, Physics and Chemistry (2000-2002).
3- Secondary Education (Matric) - Board of Secondary Education Karachi - Regular Science Group - Mathematic, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (1999-2000).

As i checked the list of universities authorized by WES, SSUET not included. Kindly help me, which service center would help to complete ECA and what will be the procedure with that service center as i see detail of WES, unfortunately that is useless for me.

Thanks,
Wajahat Afzal

pointers

Oct 24, 2016
Hi

I am from Pakistan and need ECA. Please note that -- MY UNIVERSITY IS NOT REGISTERED IN WAS-- and for fastest evaluation which organization should I used. I heard that IQAS is doing evaluation is 10 working days. Please advise.

Regards

DreamCanadaFsw

Sep 12, 2016
Same here, confused as to which ECA organization to choose to assess my degrees, WES does not have my university on their list. Where to know which ECA organization covers which University?

Aymen786

Jul 29, 2017
Hi All,

I am applying as a principal applicant along with my husband, how much extra points we will get if we go for spouse ECA?

Do we have to create two profiles for ECA?

My spouse did ACCA and BSC as well. How much scoring difference it will make if we only send BSC degree for ECA because he did not pay his ACCA annual subscription from last 3 years.

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So many questions and very few replies: Chalo here's one more

Do I need to send my prior secondary school documents if I only want to get my Bachelors and Masters degrees assessed by these credential evaluation companies? Has any one from Pakistan gotten their credential evaluations done without having to send their secondary school stuff. Thats one khuwari I dont want to do... so which of the following doesnt require you to send your secondary school stuff to get your Bachelors and Masters accessed: WES, ICAS, CES, IQAS ...?

Aug 12, 2017
So many questions and very few replies: Chalo here's one more

Do I need to send my prior secondary school documents if I only want to get my Bachelors and Masters degrees assessed by these credential evaluation companies? Has any one from Pakistan gotten their credential evaluations done without having to send their secondary school stuff. Thats one khuwari I dont want to do... so which of the following doesnt require you to send your secondary school stuff to get your Bachelors and Masters accessed: WES, ICAS, CES, IQAS ...?
this is a response that i got from IQAS yesterday; hope it helps:
"
Hello Salahuddin,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding applying to the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) for an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).

IQAS cannot provide a statement about the assessment result prior to completing the assessment process. Determining whether your particular credentials meets IQAS assessment criteria may require research of the educational institution and academic program, which would be possible only after you submit your application and all the necessary documents.

IQAS assesses credentials obtained through formal academic education from accredited educational institutions and does not assess professional affiliations/certificates/qualifications. For the ECA, generally the highest academic degree out of all the credentials (e.g. Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD) is evaluated. If you have a completed post-secondary credential, in most cases you won’t need to submit secondary school credentials. To make a better informed decision on which credentials you want IQAS to assess and to understand how points are assigned for foreign credentials, you should refer to the Government of Canada website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

The application for an ECA is a two-part process and IQAS can only complete an assessment when all the application requirements are met:

1. You must send copies of your completed academic credentials (diploma/degree), your signed application form, translations of all educational documents if they are not in English, proof of name (a copy of a government issued identity document) or proof of name change if your current name is different from the name on your educational documents (for example a copy of marriage certificate) and pay the applicable fee.

2. As part of the process for an ECA for immigration, IQAS needs to authenticate that credentials were issued by the institutions where they were obtained. To verify authenticity of your credentials, transcripts must be sent by the issuing institution directly to the IQAS office. Those should be official documents, either attested copies or originals sent by the institution in a sealed envelope. Use the Request of Academic Records Form available on our website to request that the issuing institution sends your transcripts/statement of marks directly to IQAS. http://www.alberta.ca/documents/IQAS/academic-records-request-form.pdf

To access detailed information about the application process and required documents, please visit the IQAS website at: www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx.

Should you have further questions regarding the IQAS application process, you can contact the IQAS office at 1-780-427-2655.

Regards,

KB
Client Service Officer
Government of Alberta
Ministry of Labour"

I did some more reading in other chats on this forum and i believe, IQAS is the best option available. just send them your Bachelors and msters transcripts and degrees

monster33

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
guys i got a question , some one who has knowledge of it kindly share.
there is a friend who has degree of Honors Economics and Masters in Public Administration from Karachi University.
Does anyone have an idea how will ECA be awarded for it? and how much points could be claimed for it in the immigration process.

monster33

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
Need your Kind Help!!!

As per ICAS requirement, I sent the Documents for HEC Attestation in a sealed envelope and also attached a cover letter for sealing the envelope through Leopard Courier (As HEC has now Authorized Leopard Courier). But They have not sent the Photocopies in an sealed envelope, upon asking Leopard office and then they called HEC Islamabad in front of me, Their Guy at HEC Islamabad told them to ask me to get it sealed from HEC Karachi office which will be equally accepted internationally.

Then, I went To HEC Karachi office and asked them and they sealed the HEC Islamabad attested photocopies in White Colored Official HEC Envelope but have stamped it as HEC Karachi, I even asked the HEC Karachi Official who sealed the envelope that, Will ICAS Canada accept it, he said: "Sure they will"

So my question is will this sealed envelope be accepted by ICAS? or will they ask for sealed Envelope from Islamabad?

Need Urgent Reply.

Thank you.
did ICAS accept that karachi stamped envelope? reply appreciated.

junaidgulf

Jan 10, 2018
I am from Pakistan. I done Bachelor/Graduation 2 years program then I done Master's ( MBA) 2 years program from PIMSAT Institute.

I need to ask few questions. I will really appreciate your answer/guides

1. Which documents ( original or copy) should I attested from HEC?

2. Which documents ( original or copy) should I attested from IQAS?

3. IQAS will accept my MBA degree because I done MBA from PIMSAT.( HEC is ready to attest ,so after attested of HEC can i send IQAS ?)

I'll really great full your reply

I would deeply appreciate if you could give me a prompt reply at your most convenient

I am really confuse regarding my documents attestation (CES) from ICAS. Actually i am going to apply Canada family immigration

I need to ask few questions

. Which documents ( original or copy) should I attested from IQAS?

. My documents should attested from HEC?

. Should I send my documents myself or my university suppose to send you by seal envelope?

Sohailtarar

Apr 8, 2018
Which Diploma are acceptable by IQAS??

Diploma from Punjab Skill Council
Diploma from Trade Testing Council
Diploma from Professional Skill Sciences Council

are they accepting and consider that diploma in assessment?

Sohailtarar

Apr 8, 2018
Which Diploma are acceptable by IQAS??

Diploma from Punjab Skill Council
Diploma from Trade Testing Council
Diploma from Professional Skill Sciences Council

are they accepting and consider that diploma in assessment?

AzherMir

Jun 7, 2018
Intermediate degree holders are eligible to apply?
One of my friend is only intermediate from Balochistan, asked me if he can apply through express entry.
Need suggestions please.

Last edited:

junaidgulf

Jan 10, 2018
Dear all Forum Members,

Need advice regarding ECA, I want to know which institute or service center can do ECA. for your reference please see below,

1- Graduation - Sir Syed University of Engineering & Technology (SSUET) Karachi Pakistan - Electronics Engineering (2003-2006).
2- Higher Secondary Education (Inter) - Board of Intermediate Education Karachi - Regular Science Group - Mathematic, Physics and Chemistry (2000-2002).
3- Secondary Education (Matric) - Board of Secondary Education Karachi - Regular Science Group - Mathematic, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (1999-2000).

As i checked the list of universities authorized by WES, SSUET not included. Kindly help me, which service center would help to complete ECA and what will be the procedure with that service center as i see detail of WES, unfortunately that is useless for me.

Thanks,
Wajahat Afzal
IQAS....no need any HEC

manuleo11

Jun 30, 2019
Hello all,
Please correct me ...
first, make the ID on WES website and put all the info about you and your education then get the registered number.
secondly, go to your university and ask them you want to do your (ECA) they will arrange it for you and send all the documents by them.

the university will do attestation for you or you need to do it by your self from HEC and then submit to uni?

Please advise......

THX

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello all,
Please correct me ...
first, make the ID on WES website and put all the info about you and your education then get the registered number.
secondly, go to your university and ask them you want to do your (ECA) they will arrange it for you and send all the documents by them.

the university will do attestation for you or you need to do it by your self from HEC and then submit to uni?

Please advise......

THX
You don't need to tell that you want to do an ECA, you need to tell them you want to get your transcripts from them and delivered to the WES with the reference number.

Reactions: manuleo11