+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Assessment for nurses- for Canadian Immigration

Airborne_Dan

Aug 24, 2012
Hello everyone this is my first post here.

I was hoping someone in the know may be able to help me with this one. I have spent a lot of time researching to try and get an answer for this but to no avail.

I have started gathering supporting documents together in preparation for submitting a FSW1 application for January when the flood gates are likely to reopen.
Now that this ECA has been announced I am unsure how this will affect my application. I have a Diploma (Registered Nurse) obtained in the UK.

I have already applied to the CRNBC to have my credentials assessed. But I will have to then do a SEC assessment and after that will no doubt need to do further study to meet the Requirements to practice in this profession in BC.

To summarise, my question is does this ECA rule change mean I have to be eligible to sit the CRNE before I am even eligible to apply under the FSW program?
If this is the case then it could take in excess of a year before being able to apply for PR. This will also affect all nurses and make it impossible for almost any of us to apply for FSW in the near future.

Surely this can't be right? Can it?

If there is anyone on this forum who has any insight or wisdom to share on this it would be very beneficial to me and any other Registered Nurses on here wishing to apply for PR.

Thanks in advance

malenurseindia

Dec 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
WAITING
AOR Received.
WAITING
IELTS Request
7.5,SENT WITH APPLICATION
hi ,

according to my understanding ,cic trying to copy Australian model for regulated profession like nurses,pharmacist etc....we have to apply for assessment to agency which will tell you r qualfied r not to work in Canada as a nurse but they wont grant you license r any other thing....just a advice for immigration purpose u need registration in concerned nursing board for license.
regards
*mni*

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Wait cic has not yet declared credentials assessment agency.

volver72

Jan 10, 2013
I am following also this so prolonged saga about the new FSW. As i was able to figure out Australia is not allowing anyone from regulated profession to enter if is not ready for licensing. In the case of dentists, they give temporary visa so they foreign dentists can enter and work on passing additional exams. Having in mind that canadian minister Kenney is a blind-follower of Australia, and that he actually never did anything to ease licencing of regulated professions ,he will probably give instruction to stop accepting applications form anyone who is not ready to start work immediately..