+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Assessment Evaluation HELP!!!

pixiedust19

Apr 8, 2015
Hi Friends,

I'm trying to apply under express entry, however, part of their requirements is to submit an ECA document to know the equivalency of my education in Canada. I am a graduate of 2 years - Information Technology. Would like to know what will be the evaluation report for this. As what I have researched, some of them who graduated 4 years course was given an equivalency of 2 years diploma. Please help me on this.

Will wait for your reply guys!

Thanks and God Bless!

Trixie

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
pixiedust19 said:
Hi Friends,

I'm trying to apply under express entry, however, part of their requirements is to submit an ECA document to know the equivalency of my education in Canada. I am a graduate of 2 years - Information Technology. Would like to know what will be the evaluation report for this. As what I have researched, some of them who graduated 4 years course was given an equivalency of 2 years diploma. Please help me on this.

Will wait for your reply guys!

Thanks and God Bless!

Trixie
Evaluation is done on completed course only not on discontinued course. Final degree is must for any evaluation which looks like you don't have.

seoultrain

Mar 4, 2015
so ignore what caththisking said.

you should go to the WES.org website and use the free Degree Equivalency Tool. This will give you and idea of what you will get in the ECA assuming all your documents are deemed to be valid.

pixiedust19

Apr 8, 2015
seoultrain said:
so ignore what caththisking said.

you should go to the WES.org website and use the free Degree Equivalency Tool. This will give you and idea of what you will get in the ECA assuming all your documents are deemed to be valid.
I tried using that tool however on the drop down list , all are bachelor's degree - doctors. There's no associate degree in the list.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi Pixiedust19,
No one at this forum can ascertain what your ECA report will say. Free equivalency tool just gives us a reference. For eg, few of the well known Indian universities are not included in the dropdown list there. What I suggest you is wait for your ECA report before submitting the EE application. Send the transcripts in a prescribed sealed envelope and do this asap because WES takes close to a month in arriving at a decision.

Sit for IELTS General, if you have not. Work towards getting Reference work experience letters in the meanwhile, if applicable.

All the best.