+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)

bengaboy

Jan 24, 2015
  • Folks applying from India. Specially, IT folks. A number of questions around this -
    • I believe having an ECA done is a pre-requisite for applying for the express entry. Is that correct?
    • There are 3 (private?) organizations where this can be done. They are -
      Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
      International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
      World Education Services
      Which one of them is preferred? Does a better job at it?
    • The way I understand it, we would need to ask our universities to send sealed + signed yranscripts to these evaulators who would in turn take some weeks to evaluate and send an official documentation to us. Is that correct? This would put us back by 3-4 months easily. Is there an easier way to do it?

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
bengaboy said:
  • Folks applying from India. Specially, IT folks. A number of questions around this -
    • I believe having an ECA done is a pre-requisite for applying for the express entry. Is that correct?
      Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
      World Education Services
    • The way I understand it, we would need to ask our universities to send sealed + signed yranscripts to these evaulators who would in turn take some weeks to evaluate and send an official documentation to us. Is that correct? This would put us back by 3-4 months easily. Is there an easier way to do it?
hi buddy same problem with me.I done my mca from Kuk.need to do eca.guide me plz

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
bengaboy said:
    Yes, if you studied outside Canada, then ECA is a pre-requisite
      World Education Services
    WES is the best choice. They process your application in 20 business days. Others may take up to 3 months
Yes university need to send the sealed envelopes to the evaluators. There is no way out of this and is required to submit your EE profile

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
bengaboy said:
The way I understand it, we would need to ask our universities to send sealed + signed yranscripts to these evaulators who would in turn take some weeks to evaluate and send an official documentation to us. Is that correct?
Maybe.

For India, WES requires that the Statement of Marks be sent by the Examination board. They state:

NOTE: College issued mark sheets will NOT be accepted. Documents must be issued and attested by the appropriate Examination Board.
See http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp

I would imagine the other credentialing organizations are similar, but I have not checked.

bengaboy said:
This would put us back by 3-4 months easily. Is there an easier way to do it?
Yes, it will set you back. No, there's not a better way. It's better than it was - They are making their way through the backlog - it used to take months longer. There are some applications that have been pending a long time - Express Entry is supposed to be faster. If you start today, you might be done before someone who started two months ago.

sahilkhurana06

Jan 20, 2015
Hey Guys,
Same problem with me as well. Need to get transcripts arranged from 2 different universities :( No other way out. WES is best option. Check on their website.
A suggestion, plan and book your IELTS in the meantime because it will also take 2 months to get an available date from British Council. So in this 2 months get your transcripts arranged, send them for evaluation and study hard to get CLB7 in IELTS. All the best.

noelvsleon

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 -06-2015
AOR Received.
6-07-2015
IS IQAS eligible for assessing foreign credentials for express entry

Gillianxia

Jan 23, 2015
Personally not recommend WES. WES has the worst customer service and you can hardly speak to a human on the telephone - you will be on hold for 40 mins easily. WES is not professional either. They are providing the worst service....

pranaEE2015

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/01/2016
Doc's Request.
20/01/2016
Nomination.....
18-11-2015
AOR Received.
19/01/2016
IELTS Request
L-9, R-9, S-7.5, W-7
Med's Request
20/01/2016
Med's Done....
21/01/2016
Passport Req..
26/04/2016
bengaboy said:
      World Education Services
Hi,
I am from India, B.Sc. + MCA from Delhi University and Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University respectively.
I will briefly outline the process for you.
1) Go to WES website and register ( pay the fees, whatever and opt for fast track UPS courier delivery of report).
2) Go to your universities, with photocopies of all your mark sheets for that degree. Ask the university's administrative department to attest these and state the purpose. Most of them are aware of ECA.
3) Do step 2) for all your post secondary degrees. Like Grad, post grad only. No need to for school certificates.
4) most universities will give you the attested copies in max 5 days. you visit the admin dept after the said number of days with the 'transcript request form', fill it up, get it signed and all. Then the admin people will put this form along with the attested mark sheets in a sealed envelope and hand it over to you.
5) Take a photocopy of the degree and put that along with the sealed envelope in another envelope, label it "WES Reference Number- documents for degree 1 e.g. B.Sc"
6) Obtain the sealed envelope from University number 2 (if applicable) as well. do step 5) here also.
7) Now simply put these 2 envelopes in a large enough envelope and courier it to WES with proper label and reference numbers.

This whole process should not take more that 7-10 days. Add 3-4 days for the documents to reach WES. They complete evaluation sometimes in just 5 days. Do another 5-20 days for the evaluation to complete. And 3-4 days for your report to reach you. In total 18-38 days. It's not at all putting you behind 3-4 months. You are only behind by the time that you don't utilize.

Please +1 me for the effort, if you found this helpful.

Note: I did my ECA from WES and received the report within 10 days. I opted for normal post. You can opt for UPS and easily save 5-6 days there. WES is really super fast. And your documents are all fine, you should be fine.

Nitinj.36

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gud Info. pranaEE2015. Thank alot.

I am also from GGSIPU. I am currently not in India, do you have any idea, if I send someone on my behalf to university, will admin people do this. and How they treat, like is it a painful job or they do aware of this and will do it without much explaining and all.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not important that university will send your documents, you can also send documents by your own it states on their website.

You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES.

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
@Nitinj.36
my case is the same, I am not in India currently so I too would need someone else to go to PTU on my behalf and request for it.
If you find out something about it, please reply to this post or the one below:

/canada-immigration-discussion-board/eca-of-btech-from-ptu-while-being-outside-india-t276313.0.html

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually if you have attested transcripts, marksheets etc in a sealed envelope, you can send it yourself to WES. In my case, when I graduated I got 10 sealed copies for various future needs.

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Hi

I am a bit confused with the ECA..

I have a master degree and I am having hard time getting the Transcript from my University (looks like they lost some information for 2 semesters.. :eek:). When I created my profile with Express Entry, I got the 135 points for the Level of Education.
Knowing that the points are dropping( fifth draw =481), I may be invited on the next draw. My problem is should I remove the points from my Master...which would bring me to 336.. ? Could it be considered as fraud to keep the points although I may not get the accreditation from WES?
Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks

Nat

Has002

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Hi ,

I think you should complete ECA before creating EE profile. Anyway when you add your education details it asked whether you have done with ECA or not . So you can mention there not done with ECA .

If you have completed ECA for bachelor degree better to keep it rather showing MSc which you can't prove with ECA . Meanwhile try to sort your issue with university and complete ECA for masters ASAP. I don't thing points will drop below as 336 in near future.

maaleem

Jun 11, 2015
@pranaEE2015: What is "transcript request form" that we got to fill up and include in the university's envelope? Do the university gives us directly? Is it a mandate for ECA?