+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational credential assesment

gilldevinders

Feb 9, 2013
Hi all
I need to do ECA before reaching Canada.... So can any one tell me what is the process and fees structure....
As I downloaded WES forum, but they are charging too much... Plz help

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Included with initial application
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
You can try International Credential Assessment Service of Canada(ICAS), they charge $200cad per Credential Evaluation and mind you, World Education Services(WES) that you complained that is expensive, is cheaper @ $180cad

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
You will make clear and legible photocopies of your degree certificates or diploma, vocational & professional education.

If you have completed one or more years of post-secondary study, you do not need to submit any secondary school documents with your application.

Original copies of your sealed transcript must be sent directly from the institution attended to WES/ICAS. It applies to WAEC too if you are evaluating your GCE Certificate.

WES only evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training. Applicants should not submit short-term professional
development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training documents. These types of documents will not be evaluated or included in the WES evaluation report. Any apprenticeship Certificate would not recognised and evaluated.

Please submit a formal application
online before your documents are
scheduled to arrive at WES/ICAS.
Without an application on file,
WES/ICAS will be unable to process your
academic records or confirm that
they have been received.

Where to Send Documents
By postal mail or courier delivery

World Education Services
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada

ICAS of Canada
Ontario AgriCentre
100 Stone Road West, Suite 102
Guelph ON N1G 5L3
Canada
Telephone: 519-763-7282
Fax: 519-763-6964
e-mail: fsw@icascanada.ca

gilldevinders

Feb 9, 2013
donwin4real said:
You will make clear and legible photocopies of your degree certificates or diploma, vocational & professional education.

If you have completed one or more years of post-secondary study, you do not need to submit any secondary school documents with your application.

Original copies of your sealed transcript must be sent directly from the institution attended to WES/ICAS. It applies to WAEC too if you are evaluating your GCE Certificate.

WES only evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training. Applicants should not submit short-term professional

development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training documents. These types of documents will not be evaluated or included in the WES evaluation report. Any apprenticeship Certificate would not recognised and evaluated.

Please submit a formal application
online before your documents are
scheduled to arrive at WES/ICAS.
Without an application on file,
WES/ICAS will be unable to process your
academic records or confirm that
they have been received.

Where to Send Documents
By postal mail or courier delivery

World Education Services
2 Carlton Street, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1J3
Canada

ICAS of Canada
Ontario AgriCentre
100 Stone Road West, Suite 102
Guelph ON N1G 5L3
Canada
Telephone: 519-763-7282
Fax: 519-763-6964
e-mail: fsw @ icascanada.ca
Thank you for this information

I have completed my MBA in 2006 and graduation in 2004. But can you tell me what is transcript of certificates.... Means i have to go to same institute where i have completed my degree...

If yes .. Then that university from where i did my degree is very far about 2000 miles... Is there any alternative .., plz help... As i am coming inarch 2014, i have got my PR

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Congrats on your PR.

You 'll make clean and clear photocopies of your 2004 degree and for your 2006 MBA as well.
Note: DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINAL COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES, PHOTOCOPIES ONLY!!!

Also, you'll contact the institutions you attended for your degree and MBA for a sealed transcripts each to be sent by the schools directly to their(either WES/ICAS) address.

Furthermore, you'll make an online application on their website before sending any of the above documents so they can use it to track and process your order.

Kindly let me know your country of residence so I can advise you even better on the complete documents to send.

Best of Luck!!

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
About the University you got you degree from, kindly get in touch with them on phone if you can request for your transcript online from them. If possible, then you'll fill an online transcript request form on the school's website and make a payment online as well 'cos they will be the one sending it directly to WES/ICAS.

Or you can download and print a transcript request form from WES/ICAS website, fill it with black pen and mail it with money order/bank draft to the school. But you would have to contact them first if you can proceed with this option before doing so.

All the best!

gilldevinders

Feb 9, 2013
donwin4real said:
About the University you got you degree from, kindly get in touch with them on phone if you can request for your transcript online from them. If possible, then you'll fill an online transcript request form on the school's website and make a payment online as well 'cos they will be the one sending it directly to WES/ICAS.

Or you can download and print a transcript request form from WES/ICAS website, fill it with black pen and mail it with money order/bank draft to the school. But you would have to contact them first if you can proceed with this option before doing so.

All the best!

gilldevinders

Feb 9, 2013
donwin4real said:

All the best!
Thanks for your advice

Ok , I am an Indian from Punjab state.... I did my graduation from punjabi university and Master's from Allahabad agriculture deemed university ...

donwin4real

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Look @ the link below for more info about docs to be submitted from Indian Universities

Best of luck!

www.wes.org/required/index.asp

bluesteel31

Apr 8, 2014
Hi i'm new here, and i'm in the process of getting my education assessed.

I know WES (World Educational Services) is recommended by CIC to do the assessment.

The dilemma is should I get my assessment done now with WES??? I'm afraid that CIC might change their recommended agency into another, then my money and time will just be wasted.

Any ideas? thanks!

akshargajjar

Jan 30, 2008
DONT GO FOR ICAS,
BECAUSE IN ICAS YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR ORIGNALS MARKSHEET, DEGREE AND OTHER TO ICAS, (AT YOUR OWN RISK) THEY DONT EVALUATE WITHOUT "ORIGNALS"
BECASUSE VERIFIED, TRUECOPY, NOTORISED IS NOT VALID AT ALL.

I HAVE PAID THEIR FEES,BUT STILL WITHOUT REPORT.....

GO FOR WES

shb

May 10, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Request (18-02-15)
Nomination.....
18-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-06-2015 --> SLU 26-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-06-2015 --> Uploaded 30-06-2015 --> TLU 04-07-2015
Passport Req..
Request --> 14-07-15 PP submitted --> 03-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
Received pp with Maple Leaf :)
LANDED..........
Soon...
Hello members,

I have to get my ECA done and I have come across 3 assessment bodies: WES, ICAS and CES

I had a look at the WES website but unfortunately my university is NOT listed on their website.
They say that they only access degrees from certain universities in Pakistan and when I downloaded the .pdf from their website, my university is not present.

Although my university is recognized by the HEC in Pakistan. [karachi Institute of Economics and Technology]
What should I do?
I have emailed them but no reply yet.
I plan on calling them on Monday to find out.

Until then, please share any similar experience.
Advice shall be appreciated.

Thanx