+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational credential assesment (ECA)

maxxolimous

Dec 1, 2018
Dear all, I will be moving to canada as a PR.
Once there after i settle a bit, I would like to apply to a university for a Ph.D.
Question 1) Will they accept the ECA by WES for immigration purposes once i move there (Which was Document by Document) or do i need to get it done Course by Course?
Question 2) On WES website, it gives me option to upgrade from doc by doc to course by course, if i opt for upgrade, does that make the doc by doc void? or do i have both WES reports.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Dear all, I will be moving to canada as a PR.
Once there after i settle a bit, I would like to apply to a university for a Ph.D.
Question 1) Will they accept the ECA by WES for immigration purposes once i move there (Which was Document by Document) or do i need to get it done Course by Course?
Question 2) On WES website, it gives me option to upgrade from doc by doc to course by course, if i opt for upgrade, does that make the doc by doc void? or do i have both WES reports.
1. For higher studies, you will be needed to get a Standard Doc by Doc or Standard Course by Course evaluation done. The ECA that you got for immigration are meant for IRCC and not higher studies.

2. You should ask WES for clarification.