+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational assessment

Jun 12, 2021
Hello, can anyone tell me that educational asessment should be done for principle candidtae only or its required for both principle candidate and spouse also who is applying for express entry along with principle candidate ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you want your spouse to accompany you to Canada if you immigrate? If not, then you don’t need it. If you get PR, you move to Canada on your own and then you apply for spousal sponsorship. Takes 12+ months.

Jun 12, 2021
Do you want your spouse to accompany you to Canada if you immigrate? If not, then you don’t need it. If you get PR, you move to Canada on your own and then you apply for spousal sponsorship. Takes 12+ months.
Thank you so much, yes my spouse will accompany me if i will apply for immigrate. So with your answer i understand that both requireds educational asessement before applying for Express entry

vik7

Feb 9, 2020
Thank you so much, yes my spouse will accompany me if i will apply for immigrate. So with your answer i understand that both requireds educational asessement before applying for Express entry
If you are applying to Express Entry as a skilled worked, only the principal applicant needs an ECA. Accompanying family members do not need to have an ECA, but if your wife has a post-secondary degree, you may be able to claim additional CRS points if she gets an ECA

Jun 12, 2021
We both have our masters degree and in my case my wife will be the principle candidate. So now its required for both to get assess or not ?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
We both have our masters degree and in my case my wife will be the principle candidate. So now its required for both to get assess or not ?
IF you like to add points for Education(partner points) then yes an assessment is required. The crs points are reduced when applied as a couple and in order to compensate for that, the dependen partner can add points through Education and Language tests.