+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Educational Assessment for CEC (Express Entry)

Vipul786

Dec 24, 2014
WES assessment problem

Please someone help me about WES assessment. I have sent my application for master of arts assesment. They asked for bachelors documents. Again I have sent those and they accepted both bachelors and master documents and recognised both institutes. I have received report stated as below:
Credential Authentication: Country:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded by:
Institution Status: Admission requirements: Length of program: Major/Specialization:
Canadian Equivalency:
Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
India
Bachelor of Arts
Panjab University Recognized
Secondary school graduation Three years
Liberal Arts
Bachelor's degree (three years)

Credential Authentication: Country:
Credential:
Year:
Awarded by:
Institution Status: Admission requirements: Length of program: Major/Specialization:
Canadian Equivalency: Remarks:
Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
India
Master of Arts
Vm University Recognized
Bachelor's degree
Two years
English
Bachelor's degree (four years)
The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see #1, above).

I want to know if they recognise both institutions and degrees why they gave equalancy bachelors degree 4 years and not masters please help someone

Caimi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2013
Regina said:
Good question. if you are going to apply under CEC.
Ask WES and share their answer here with us please.
Hi Regina/fpaikar/Kiran,

Sorry for asking this again, but were you able to get a confirmation if WES evaluation with FSWP package can be used to make an EE profile and later apply in CEC category if ITA is received. I have asked this question in other threads but have not got a definitive answer.

I opted for FSWP package since WES site mentioned that for CIC purposes, use the link that took to FSWP...

Thanks,
caimi

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
My friend is planning to apply for CEC under Express Entry.

Could you please provide some advise will really help him?

Here is his scenario.

1. He is currently working as full time contractor job under NOC B more than one year in Canada.
2. Do he required LMIA for apply EE. Why? if he has already working in Canada with job offer.
3. He studied two years diploma from Ontario college so do he required ECA ?
if no what about back home education ECA required in this case.

Please advise,

JayBautista

Jan 6, 2015
Hi,

I just want to check if there is an ECA package for both couples? or do we need to submit our ECA separately? And can we submit the application before we take the IELTS?

Thanks!

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
JayBautista said:
Hi,

I just want to check if there is an ECA package for both couples? or do we need to submit our ECA separately? Separately

And can we submit the application before we take the IELTS? No, you have to provide the TRF# of IELTS.

Thanks!

JayBautista

Jan 6, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I think I wrote my second question wrongly. What I meant to say was that if my wife and I can send our documents to get our ECA results while waiting for the IELTS schedule and results?

Thanks!

fkiddy12

Jul 23, 2013
A question on claiming points for foreign education

I have B.Sc and M.Sc degrees awarded from Andhra University, India(Recognized by WES), I have got WES assessed them and the following are the results.

B.Sc (Major - Science) : Canadian Equivalency as "Bachelor's degree (four years)"
M.Sc (Major - Computer Science) - Canadian Equivalency as "One year of graduate study"

and Canadian Equivalency Summary as Bachelors Degree (four years) in the top of the report.

How many points can i claim here? Is it just the Bachelors Degree or Two or more post-secondary credentials which gives me 119 points.

Please help...!!!

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
JayBautista said:
Thanks for the reply. I think I wrote my second question wrongly. What I meant to say was that if my wife and I can send our documents to get our ECA results while waiting for the IELTS schedule and results?

Thanks!
Off course you have to do that.

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
kiran_6sb said:
I think you dont need to do ECA for your bachelors degree as you will be claiming points from your master degree(which is already done in canada ) .

I have to do it because Im claiming points from my bachelors degree + Diploma (Two or more post sec )-- 128 points .
Hi I have a bachelors degree from India and 1 year Post Graduate Diploma from Canada

How can I assess my back home education, what the process and how much point I can claim for the education ?