+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education

canadaoioioi

Dec 3, 2023
Hello,

I have received an ITA for CEC.
Q1. I have a 2 year Bachelor degree from Australia with a WES evaluation that states the equivalency is ‘Bachelor’s degree (three years)’. In the education section, was I correct in selecting ‘Bachelor’s degree OR a three year program…’ rather than ‘two year program at university’? I’m concerned that my Bachelor isn’t valid as the time to complete it was 2 years instead of 3 years.

Q2. I also have another Bachelor that took 3 years to complete. I did not claim points for this degree as I do not have an ECA for this degree. If I got an ECA now could I include it in my application post-ITA as a back up if they don’t accept my 2 year Bachelor degree?

Thanks

Wastle

Dec 4, 2023
Hello,

I have received an ITA for CEC.
Q1. I have a 2 year Bachelor degree from Australia with a WES evaluation that states the equivalency is ‘Bachelor’s degree (three years)’. In the education section, was I correct in selecting ‘Bachelor’s degree OR a three year program…’ rather than ‘two year program at university’? I’m concerned that my Bachelor isn’t valid as the time to complete it was 2 years instead of 3 years.

Q2. I also have another Bachelor that took 3 years to complete. I did not claim points for this degree as I do not have an ECA for this degree. If I got an ECA now could I include it in my application post-ITA as a back up if they don’t accept my 2 year Bachelor degree?
PS: Traffic Jam 3D is an exciting driving game that allows you to show off your driving skills on busy traffic jams.
Thanks
Q2. Yes, you can include your three-year Bachelor's degree in your application post-ITA if you obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for it. Even though you haven't claimed points for this degree yet, you can still have it assessed for equivalency and potentially gain additional points. This could be particularly helpful if there are any concerns about the validity of your two-year Bachelor's degree.

canadaoioioi

Dec 3, 2023
For anyone looking at this in the future, I called IRCC and they told me a ‘Bachelor is a Bachelor’ as long as your ECA confirms it meets the Canadian standard of Bachelor.