+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education requirement does not match the NOC

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Hello guys I have done BCOM in 2012 and Recently completed my MBA in 2015 after completing my BCOM I started working as a school teacher NOC 4031 best suits my profession i have 3 years experience in it i have a work experience letter which matches most of the main duties but i did nt have B.Ed which is mentioned in education requirement so can i use my experience in building my Express entry profile and after that if i receive ITA can i provide the work experience letter of a teacher? I dont intend to work as a teacher in canada as i am MBA now this is only for using the experience for applying purpose so will it get accepted or will they reject my application?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Hello guys I have done BCOM in 2012 and Recently completed my MBA in 2015 after completing my BCOM I started working as a school teacher NOC 4031 best suits my profession i have 3 years experience in it i have a work experience letter which matches most of the main duties but i did nt have B.Ed which is mentioned in education requirement so can i use my experience in building my Express entry profile and after that if i receive ITA can i provide the work experience letter of a teacher? I dont intend to work as a teacher in canada as i am MBA now this is only for using the experience for applying purpose so will it get accepted or will they reject my application?
Cic doesnt care what you do after PR. So go ahead.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
StAnger said:
Cic doesnt care what you do after PR. So go ahead.
So i can use my experience as a teacher education requirement does not have to match its only the duties am i right? Because i am Bachelors in commerce not Bachelors in Education

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
fatani said:
So i can use my experience as a teacher education requirement does not have to match its only the duties am i right? Because i am Bachelors in commerce not Bachelors in Education
Yes, you make your application based on your work experience's NOC. The educational requirement is a usually guideline for employment rather than a factor in the PR application.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
fatani said:
The NOC website and its contents are used by several organisations within Canada and CIC is just one of them. The employment requirements from NOC website are more of a guidance to Canadian employers. This should not impact your Work experience points for EE application if you follow CICs requirements. If your selected NOC falls within the required NOC 0, A or B skilltype and your responsibilities are supported by a valid letter from employer then you can use this job to claim points for work experience. Please make sure that letter covers the Lead statement of the NOC and majority of the main duties mentioned in the NOC description page.

Reactions: Khatrao

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
joelmath said:
The NOC website and its contents are used by several organisations within Canada and CIC is just one of them. The employment requirements from NOC website are more of a guidance to Canadian employers. This should not impact your Work experience points for EE application if you follow CICs requirements. If your selected NOC falls within the required NOC 0, A or B skilltype and your responsibilities are supported by a valid letter from employer then you can use this job to claim points for work experience. Please make sure that letter covers the Lead statement of the NOC and majority of the main duties mentioned in the NOC description page.
Thanks for your reply my NOC falls in A skilltype i can provide the letter with main duties but my question was that their for NOC 4031 the education requirement is B.Ed so will it affect my application because i am B.Com and MBA and teaching job started after B.Com so for example after recieving ITA i will provide them with my teaching job experience letter, will they accept it? Or will they reject it by saying my claimed experience is not valid? Does it matter to them or only experience letter matters?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sure that you'll need a degree in Education to get a schoolteacher job in Canada in addition to any other provincial requirements for that profession. But you might be able to claim foreign work experience without the degree even though you did not have the required credentials. That bit is at the officer's discretion and depends partially on the contents of your reference letter as well. No down side to applying along with that experience. At worst, your application will be refused if the officer believes that you did not have the required credentials for that job so no real harm in trying.

All the best!

PS: My reply to your PM was different mainly because I was under the impression that you wanted to continue working as a school teacher in Canada as well. And the doubtful element in this case given that a graduation in Education is a necessary requirement for NOC 4031.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
fatani said:
Thanks for your reply my NOC falls in A skilltype i can provide the letter with main duties but my question was that their for NOC 4031 the education requirement is B.Ed so will it affect my application because i am B.Com and MBA and teaching job started after B.Com so for example after recieving ITA i will provide them with my teaching job experience letter, will they accept it? Or will they reject it by saying my claimed experience is not valid? Does it matter to them or only experience letter matters?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by CIC staff.

"Minimum work experience requirement....

......the applicant must have

performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
@joelmath

Thank you so much i got my answer from your source that it is not required thanks.

@asivad

Thanks i got your point i just want to use it as for experience purpose. Thank you for help

paramjeet122

May 4, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi Fatani.

Mine is(wife's) exactly a similar case as yours.

Request you to share your current status on EE please....just want to make sure that B.Ed or alike doesn't affect the PR application of a Teacher under NOC 4031

najwa123

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Fatani, I know this is a very old post of yours but my case is similar, so just want to know at what stage are u now? did u already immigrate? which grade teacher are you? Is Grade 5 is considered among the secondary school in Canada?

najwa123

Sep 18, 2017
Hi Fatani.

Mine is(wife's) exactly a similar case as yours.

Request you to share your current status on EE please....just want to make sure that B.Ed or alike doesn't affect the PR application of a Teacher under NOC 4031
Is B.Ed compulsory for NOC 4032 ? which grade does your wife teaches ?