+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Points

gbar13

Aug 9, 2018
Hi,

I recently created my EE profile for which I was granted 91 points instead of 119 in the education portion.

Education History -
4 year bachelors of Science (foreign)
2 year post graduate diploma (Canada)

Work history-
1.5 years Canadian Experience

With this information shouldn't I be getting 119 points as it would qualify as two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.
- I do not have an ECA for my outside of Canada bachelors as I believe you only need one if this is your last degree? I might be wrong and this could be my problem and I will require an ECA to get those points.
Any help would be much appreciated.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

I recently created my EE profile for which I was granted 91 points instead of 119 in the education portion.

Education History -
4 year bachelors of Science (foreign)
2 year post graduate diploma (Canada)

Work history-
1.5 years Canadian Experience

With this information shouldn't I be getting 119 points as it would qualify as two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.
- I do not have an ECA for my outside of Canada bachelors as I believe you only need one if this is your last degree? I might be wrong and this could be my problem and I will require an ECA to get those points.
Any help would be much appreciated.
If you had Master's from Canada then you would not need to as you can claim points based on that itself, now since you want to claim for 2 or more degrees, you will need to get foreign education evaluated.

Reactions: gbar13

gbar13

Aug 9, 2018
Thanks for the replies. When I first came to school here to get my postgraduate degree I wasn't required to get the ECA done for my first degree. So that explains why I am only receiving points for 1 degree and not both. I will get that and hopefully receive the 119 for both degrees sin that would put me over 500 points.

THANKS

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
You're welcome. For the Canadian degree no need for ECA. ECA for Bachelor's and you're good to go. Good luck

Reactions: gbar13

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
What's your score without the degree? If this puts your over 500, you may be able to get an ITA even without the ECA.

gbar13

Aug 9, 2018
Sorry for the typo over 450**. My current score is 415 but I have 91 in education instead of 119 that's a +28 point difference;
Skill Transferability of 25 instead of 50 since they are only taking into account I have one degree so that's a +25. So I hope with this I will get a total of 468.