+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education points....20 or 22?? Pls advise...

anishpadela

Mar 30, 2006
Dubai
Hi...

I have filed for Canada Immigration in Nov 2004 from London Office. I have claimed 22 points for education....I have total 17 years of full time education....in details, 12 years of schooling/secondary, followed by 3 years of Bachelors in Science and later 2 years of Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management....As I have post graduate diploma in business management not Master's degree, I claimed 22 points in total....

I requet you to share your thoughts on this and let me know views....

Anis

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anishpadela said:
Hi...

I have filed for Canada Immigration in Nov 2004 from London Office. I have claimed 22 points for education....I have total 17 years of full time education....in details, 12 years of schooling/secondary, followed by 3 years of Bachelors in Science and later 2 years of Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management....As I have post graduate diploma in business management not Master's degree, I claimed 22 points in total....

I requet you to share your thoughts on this and let me know views....

Anis
20 points, you don't have have two bachelor degrees.

PMM

anishpadela

Mar 30, 2006
Dubai
Hi PMM....

Well let me explain my point....I have done two year full time study after graduation which is first level degree as it has prerequisite of Bachelor's credential to enter...Plus total full time education is 17 years so I guess I will fall in between bachlors and masters and would be able to grab 22 points...I addition, I did one year computer diploma from a private instiute during my Bachelor's study so if I count that I have total 18 years of education....Now what do you say?? Please respond as it is very imp. for me.... Anis

anishpadela

Mar 30, 2006
Dubai
Further to support my argument of 22 points....I am posting one note from policy guides issused by Immigration Dept. for visa officers...

Quite "Note: Medical Doctor degrees are generally first-level university credentials, in the same way that a Bachelor of Law or a Bachelor in Pharmacology is a first level, albeit “professional” degree, and
should be awarded 20 points. If it is a second-level degree and if, for example, it belongs to a Faculty of Graduate Studies, 25 points may be awarded. If a Bachelor’s credential is a prerequisite to the credential, but the credential itself is still considered a first-level degree, then 22 points would be appropriate. It is important to refer to how the local authority responsible for educational institutions recognizes the credential: i.e., as a first-level or second-level or higher university credential." Unquote....

Please refer to the line which I have made bold....which says If a Bachelor's credential is a prerequisite to the credential, but the credential itself credential itself is still considered a first-level degree, then 22 points would be appropriate....and that is the case with me...I have post graduate diploma which requires bachelor's education as eligiblity criteria...and can be considered as firts level degree...BTW, they consider master's or Ph.D as second or third level degrees....Now what is your opinion...Anis

watchingagain

May 18, 2012
biomed22 said:
Agree with PMM

I have done BBA full time in evening (4 years) and another bachelor degree obtained as EXTERNAL candidate (2 years).

Can anyone please guide me how many points I may be awarded for two bachelor degrees as stated above.

Tks.