+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education (maximum of 25 points)

Jbong

Nov 12, 2010
Hello,

Hope you all are doing good.I appreciate if any one of you could help with these. I am not sure how much points for the education (factor 1, max of 25 points) that I should award myself because I did my highschool study partly in Malaysia and partly in Canada.

Here is the situation:

I completed my primary school (6 years) and highschool in Malaysia (5 years) then later completed 2 years of Grade 11 and 12 and graduate with highschool diploma in Vancouver. In M'sia, primary education is in a seperate school (Primary 1 -6). However, in Canada, it is like continous stretch, Grade 1-12. So I am confuse if I should consider myself having 12 or 13 years of study OR just count the 5 years of secondary education in M'sia and plus 2 years in Canada? An individual fully educated in secondary school Canada should be considered 12 years of studies. Does any know if the questions mean to include primary (elementary) schooling, as it is consider a formal education as well.

Kindly help. Thank you very much. God bless.

Jessica

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jbong said:
Hello,

Hope you all are doing good.I appreciate if any one of you could help with these. I am not sure how much points for the education (factor 1, max of 25 points) that I should award myself because I did my highschool study partly in Malaysia and partly in Canada.

Here is the situation:

I completed my primary school (6 years) and highschool in Malaysia (5 years) then later completed 2 years of Grade 11 and 12 and graduate with highschool diploma in Vancouver. In M'sia, primary education is in a seperate school (Primary 1 -6). However, in Canada, it is like continous stretch, Grade 1-12. So I am confuse if I should consider myself having 12 or 13 years of study OR just count the 5 years of secondary education in M'sia and plus 2 years in Canada? An individual fully educated in secondary school Canada should be considered 12 years of studies. Does any know if the questions mean to include primary (elementary) schooling, as it is consider a formal education as well.

Kindly help. Thank you very much. God bless.

Jessica
12 years of study.

Jbong

Nov 12, 2010
Hi PMM,
Thank you SO MUCH for answering my questions. I really appreciate your kindness! :)

So you mean to conclude that I have 12 years of secondary education because I was granted with BC highschool diploma?I am sorry for asking this, how do you know that elementary education is included? Did you count it into your application when you applied? Is everyone doing the same thing by including the elementary education too?

Thank you PMM for answering my questions again. I just want to be sure than mistaken for providing wrong information to CIC.

Sincerely,
Jessica

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jbong said:
Hi PMM,
Thank you SO MUCH for answering my questions. I really appreciate your kindness! :)

So you mean to conclude that I have 12 years of secondary education because I was granted with BC highschool diploma?I am sorry for asking this, how do you know that elementary education is included? Did you count it into your application when you applied? Is everyone doing the same thing by including the elementary education too?

Thank you PMM for answering my questions again. I just want to be sure than mistaken for providing wrong information to CIC.

Sincerely,
Jessica
1. You count elementary and secondary years of schooling, if you didn't how would you get 17 years of education to get a PHD and 25 points?