+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education loan SDS requirement for Jan2021

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
It's generally not suggested to take loans SDS or not for foreign studies. Take some time for yourself off this forum and make a proper decision.

A lot of my friends did this and are suffering in a debit trap with exorbitant interest rates.
Only if I had the money :)

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
UPDATE: Guys, I got the unsecured loan (7.5 lacs) disbursed yesterday in my savings account!!!!!
My tuition fee for the first year is 21000CAD=11,55,000 lacs and the rest of the money (4 lacs) was paid by me. :D

SC0312

Sep 10, 2020
UPDATE: Guys, I got the unsecured loan (7.5 lacs) disbursed yesterday in my savings account!!!!!
My tuition fee for the first year is 21000CAD=11,55,000 lacs and the rest of the money (4 lacs) was paid by me. :D
Congratulations! Was the full loan amount disbursed in your account? And did you have to submit any additional documents stating the SDS rules? My bank said they disburse it according to semesters and not year-wise :\

Reactions: sarab1402

sarab1402

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
Congratulations! Was the full loan amount disbursed in your account? And did you have to submit any additional documents stating the SDS rules? My bank said they disburse it according to semesters and not year-wise :\
They told me the same thing. In which bank you applied?

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Yes, I got the loan processed and disbursed in 17 days in my savings bank account. I had to explain to them all the requirements of SDS and also provide 2-3 print outs of the requirements.
Even my bank said they won't disburse the entire loan amount but when I provided my offer letter on which my first-year tuition fee was mentioned and SDS requirements which stated that the full amount of first-year tuition fee has to be, they happily disbursed it.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
SBI. So how did you end up convincing them?
Most of the SBI banks won't disburse the pre-visa amount. I faced a similar challenge with SBI, my loan got sanctioned but they refused to do the disbursement. Also, They will only release the fund term wise. So I had to shift to ICICI Bank.

Reactions: Alamj

SC0312

Sep 10, 2020
Yes, I got the loan processed and disbursed in 17 days in my savings bank account. I had to explain to them all the requirements of SDS and also provide 2-3 print outs of the requirements.
Even my bank said they won't disburse the entire loan amount but when I provided my offer letter on which my first-year tuition fee was mentioned and SDS requirements which stated that the full amount of first-year tuition fee has to be, they happily disbursed it.
Okay. I hope SBI does this too.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Anybody trying for education loan for Jan 22? I visited Bank of baroda and was told that the rate is likely to be 9.6% with a processing time of a month for my master's program. Anybody got a better rate than this with faster processing? Exploring public sector banks as the private ones are likely to charge upward of 12 %

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Okay. I hope SBI does this too.
I got SBI loan from SBI in Karnataka without the VISA approval since its SDS requirement including GIC. Loan amount was 25lacs with my house as collateral of course. They disbursed the entire amount for first year and GIC. There was no issue. I think the house collateral did it, I guess. 8.65% interest rate.