+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Level ECA. Any Insight????

Vikrantvij99

May 14, 2017
  • Contacted ICAS but no satisfied and direct answers from them.

However, my query is still unanswered owing to the fact that the information or the Level of Education that I have mentioned and whose ECA report I have obtained from ICAS, is still not in the list and I am not sure which level of education to select while updating Education Credential Status in my Express Entry Profile. Kindly, give another attempt to answer my query which is as follows:
    As per IRCC, the Level of Education which is mentioned in pull- down scroll for both Express Entry and Permanent Residency Application so as to compare candidates ECA report with below 1-7 levels in order to assess their educational credentials as per Canadian Study Benchmark and to allocate points according to that assessment is as follows:

1 None, or less than secondary ( high school )

2 Secondary Diploma ( high school graduation )

3 One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

4 Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

5 Bachelor's degree Or a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

6 Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession.

7 Doctoral level university degree ( PhD )

The ECA report that I got from ICAS of my Education done in India is as follows:

My Education Credential India
    1. Bachelor of Commerce = ECA by ICAS 1.Bachelor's Degree (Three years)

2. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application ( India )
    = ECA by ICAS 2. Post-Bachelor's Diploma.
    3. Master of Business Administration = ECA by ICAS 3. Master of Business Administration

So, as per IRCC level of education list and matching that list with my ECA report from ICAS, I have updated my Level of Education status in my Express Entry Profile as follows:

1. As per my ECA report, Bachelor's Degree ( Three years ) = Bachelor's degree Or a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute, as per IRCC Level of Education list for Express Entry and Permanent residency Application Form.

2. As per my ECA report, Master of Business Administration = Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession as per IRCC Level as per IRCC Level of Education list for Express Entry and Permanent residency Application Form.

3. The confusion is here of what Level of Education as per IRCC guidelines to from , As per my ECA report, Post- Bachelor's Diploma , here I do not know what to choose from these below mentioned Level of Education categories as I am confused between these:

i) One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

ii) Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

In simple words, the confusion while selecting Level of Education for both Express Entry and Permanent Residency Application form for my Post- Bachelor's Diploma is among these:

Whether Post- Bachelor's Diploma = One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Alternatively, Post- Bachelor's Diploma = Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

I am double checking with ICAS because there is no such clarity or match given for Post- Bachelor's Diploma in the above mentioned IRCC Level of Education List , that is, ( List 1-7 ) and how it would be assessed while filling out Express Entry and Permanent Residency Application Form.

Kindly help in choosing the appropriate Level of Education as per IRCC list for Post- Bachelor's Diploma.

As IRCC is strict while assessing candidates profile for both Express Entry and Permanent Residency Application Profile, I do not want to create any unwanted issue. IRCC is declining candidates application for misrepresenting facts in their Express Entry Profile and in Permanent residency Application Form, so that being understood and its sensitivity to the issue, this is clear that I do want to get into this uninvited issue at all and requesting you to guide me for what to choose for "Post- Bachelor's Diploma."

Looking forward to hear from you

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
You're going to get the maximum points for your masters degree. Technically I don't think you even need ECAs for the others, but the "Post-Bachelor's Diploma" isn't going to give you extra points. I would personally list it in the personal section rather than education, include the ECA in a LOE and move on with the application-- I have a 1-yr certificate as well as a Bachelors and Masters degree and I didn't claim it as education because it literally serves no value for the purpose of qualifying for immigration.

Vikrantvij99

May 14, 2017
You're going to get the maximum points for your masters degree. Technically I don't think you even need ECAs for the others, but the "Post-Bachelor's Diploma" isn't going to give you extra points. I would personally list it in the personal section rather than education, include the ECA in a LOE and move on with the application-- I have a 1-yr certificate as well as a Bachelors and Masters degree and I didn't claim it as education because it literally serves no value for the purpose of qualifying for immigration.
Thanks for your insights. But otherwise if I have to add my studies into education section rather than in personal history section as have already got done my ECA.

So, in the above case what would you suggestIn simple words, the confusion while selecting Level of Education for both Express Entry and Permanent Residency Application form for my Post- Bachelor's Diploma is among these:

Whether Post- Bachelor's Diploma = One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

Alternatively, Post- Bachelor's Diploma = Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

Kindly suggest from above as I do want to add Post-Bachlor's Diploma in education section instead of personal information section as I have ECA for the Diploma

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
@Vikrantvij99 Can you please help me in filling the ICAS application. Under education history it is asking from Primary , secondary, post secondary and so on. For secondary I can give SSLC details but what about primary education ? Which education should I mention here? Your reply will be very helpful

Vikrantvij99

May 14, 2017
@Vikrantvij99 Can you please help me in filling the ICAS application. Under education history it is asking from Primary , secondary, post secondary and so on. For secondary I can give SSLC details but what about primary education ? Which education should I mention here? Your reply will be very helpful
Primary here means your highest education that you have achieved and for which you are going to claim points.

I think it is quite obvious considering the importance of that your highest education will award you the maximum points in EE profile and while filling out e-APR profile. So it is better to start from the highest education to the lowest.

Alternatively you can also go for only the highest education that you have attained.

Furthermore, you can always contact ICAS and post your query to them too.

Harpreetz

Feb 11, 2019
Hello Neeraj,
Did you recieved any response from ICAS on how to fill the section 3 of ICAS application form?
I am also in similar dilemma, what to mention under primary,secondary education.