+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education history update - ECA done with ICES BCIT

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Dear Folks,

I am little confused about the education update in IRCC. Here is the background.

Got the ECA done from ICES BCIT which was successfully completed in 2 .5 months time. I have only send my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (2 Years) transcripts for evaluation and not send the transcripts of Bachelors . As per my ECA report, I have got the analysis as "Post-undergraduate diploma" which is equivalent to category of two of more qualification. Even though I was expecting it to be equivalent to Master as done it from top 10 MBA college of India.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html#fni

Now here are the question, In IRCC what should I update?
1. "Post-undergraduate diploma" only as per ECA report
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management only and Bachelors (But there is no ECA for Bachelors)
3. If updating only Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management only as per ECA report then shall I put Bachelors details in Personal History section.
4. If I update with Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management only as per ECA now and later update the Bachelors once ECA done will this be okay and acceptable.

Getting the ECA done for my bachelors is going take another 5-6 months time and I do not want to loose time. hence please suggest what should be the right approach.

Regards,
Simmi

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
They never give masters to diploma degree it is very simple.
Dear Folks,

I am little confused about the education update in IRCC. Here is the background.

Got the ECA done from ICES BCIT which was successfully completed in 2 .5 months time. I have only send my Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (2 Years) transcripts for evaluation and not send the transcripts of Bachelors . As per my ECA report, I have got the analysis as "Post-undergraduate diploma" which is equivalent to category of two of more qualification. Even though I was expecting it to be equivalent to Master as done it from top 10 MBA college of India.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/selection-criteria-education-equivalency-assessment-outcomes-education-points.html#fni

2. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management only and Bachelors (But there is no ECA for Bachelors)
3. If updating only Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management only as per ECA report then shall I put Bachelors details in Personal History section.
4. If I update with Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management only as per ECA now and later update the Bachelors once ECA done will this be okay and acceptable.

Getting the ECA done for my bachelors is going take another 5-6 months time and I do not want to loose time. hence please suggest what should be the right approach.

Regards,
Simmi
Brother they will never give masters evaluation to PDG program.

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
I heard that they need only latest degree and they have email option also, if we ask our university registrar or exam controller or program manager to send our scanned documents to them. They send ECA report at hoe within 20 days.
I have done masters in Project Management (1 year) and I am an Electronics Engineer graduate (4 years).
So in this case I have to send my masters degree right??

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I heard that they need only latest degree and they have email option also, if we ask our university registrar or exam controller or program manager to send our scanned documents to them. They send ECA report at hoe within 20 days.
I have done masters in Project Management (1 year) and I am an Electronics Engineer graduate (4 years).
So in this case I have to send my masters degree right??
Yes that is true. The whole reason I went for ICES is that accept online submission of Transcripts directly from University. I only submitted my PGDM and they evaluated it. Please note time frame is not 20 days but 12 weeks now. In my case it was done in 2.5 month

Reactions: Syed Areeb

Syed Areeb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Yes that is true. The whole reason I went for ICES is that accept online submission of Transcripts directly from University. I only submitted my PGDM and they evaluated it. Please note time frame is not 20 days but 12 weeks now. In my case it was done in 2.5 month
are you sure? when you get your evaluation ? my friend in Pakistan got his evaluation last year in 20 days when his university send documents on email to this evaluation body.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
are you sure? when you get your evaluation ? my friend in Pakistan got his evaluation last year in 20 days when his university send documents on email to this evaluation body.
That was last year. Their timelines got changed this year, it is mentioned in their website.

Chhabrabhawana

Jan 28, 2019
Dear Folks,

Regards,
Simmi
Hi Simmi

Can you pls share your college name? Did it have MBA equivalence asper AIU list?