+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education eligibility for EOI [Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream]

naveen_dharni

May 10, 2023
In the last draw, I got nominated for EOI: Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream, as my score was 80. However, I am concerned about whether my Canadian education eligibility is valid or not.
I have done a 1year Post Graduation Certificate from Conestoga College. The course name is Big Data Solution Architecture.
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/big-data-solution-architecture

These are my course admission requirements:
  • An Ontario College diploma, advanced diploma, degree or equivalent with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards) in any of these areas:
    • computer science
    • software engineering
    • software engineering technology
    • computer engineering
    • computer application
    • computer programmer/analyst
    • IT innovation and design
    • computer or mobile applications development OR
  • A graduate certificate in computer applications development or mobile solutions development with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards). Other relevant disciplines that offer a significant degree of software development in their curriculum (such as health informatics) may also be considered.
Please let me know if this course is eligible for the 1year program to apply under this stream, as the requirement for this stream is a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis, and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In the last draw, I got nominated for EOI: Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream, as my score was 80. However, I am concerned about whether my Canadian education eligibility is valid or not.
I have done a 1year Post Graduation Certificate from Conestoga College. The course name is Big Data Solution Architecture.
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/big-data-solution-architecture

These are my course admission requirements:
  • An Ontario College diploma, advanced diploma, degree or equivalent with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards) in any of these areas:
    • computer science
    • software engineering
    • software engineering technology
    • computer engineering
    • computer application
    • computer programmer/analyst
    • IT innovation and design
    • computer or mobile applications development OR
  • A graduate certificate in computer applications development or mobile solutions development with an overall average grade of B or above (as assessed, by country, to Ontario standards). Other relevant disciplines that offer a significant degree of software development in their curriculum (such as health informatics) may also be considered.
Please let me know if this course is eligible for the 1year program to apply under this stream, as the requirement for this stream is a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis, and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement.
You are not eligible. Your program‘s admission requirements can be diploma and degree holders. Eligibility for a one year program would be a masters or Phd

naveen_dharni

May 10, 2023
You are not eligible. Your program‘s admission requirements can be diploma and degree holders. Eligibility for a one year program would be a masters or Phd
Thanks for the response but what I'm confused about is that on the OINP website, it doesn't mention a master's or Ph.D., it just says a degree is required. And a Graduate certificate is generally after a degree only which in my case I've Bachelor in Computer Science.

And immigration will identify that with my documents right not with the college website.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the response but what I'm confused about is that on the OINP website, it doesn't mention a master's or Ph.D., it just says a degree is required. And a Graduate certificate is generally after a degree only which in my case I've Bachelor in Computer Science.

And immigration will identify that with my documents right not with the college website.
Doesn’t need to say Masters. It says a degree is required for admission to the program. Your program accepts those with diplomas or degrees (below). A student doesn’t need a degree or even a diplooma to take the program. Again, you can move forward with application but if refused it is because you don’t meet requirements.

Admissions - September 2023
Admission requirements