+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Credential Assessment

neha.g30

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
Hi
I want to apply for FSWP in May 2013.

From which organization I can get my education credentials assessed.

i have also heard from someone that Canada high commission is going to accept requests for ECA and high commission will do it. Is this understanding correct

Thanks and Regards
Neha

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Agencies will be announced in April as per CIC.

neha.g30 said:
Hi

i have also heard from someone that Canada high commission is going to accept requests for ECA and high commission will do it. Is this understanding correct

Thanks and Regards
Neha

loviekathy

Mar 6, 2013
neha.g30 said:
Hi

Thanks and Regards
Neha
hi neha,

i am also planning to start my credential assessment in may. if cic accept this , is the process is faster than alliance?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Credential assessment needs to be done by an agency that CIC will designate. CIC will give a list of such designated agencies only in April. Whatever the "alliance" is, will NOT work. The designated agency will be based in Canada not in India or any place else.

loviekathy said:
hi neha,

i am also planning to start my credential assessment in may. if cic accept this , is the process is faster than alliance?

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
before doing anything..

check the following news from cic :

With new criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) set to take effect in May, many prospective immigrants may already be preparing to apply.

However, future FSWP applicants should be aware that CIC expects to announce three important elements of the FSWP in April that will have an impact on the application process, including:

a cap on the number of applications that will be accepted in the first year;
a new list of priority occupations; and
the organizations that will be designated to conduct educational assessments.
Applicants who prepare their application before this information is announced do so at their own risk. Applications that do not meet the criteria that will be announced in April will not be processed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-03-01.asp

so guys.. wait till april before starting.

nursescanada

Mar 7, 2013
Credential assessment needs to be done by an agency that CIC will designate.

Notice – Changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program

Source /cic.gc.ca

Regards,
Denisha Joely

canxyz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Hello,
I have a question regarding Academic Credential Evaluation.Is it only going to be for Post Secondary Education or also for Secondary education.

Kindly let me know if anybody knows about it.

Regards
Canxyz

Jan 4, 2013
Before I pay for my educational assesment, I want to be sure my skill is listed as FWSP. Do you know when will CIC release the skill worker's list?

Kitcho

Mar 10, 2013
Hi guys Im just a newbie here, but for months now Ive been reading your post on this forum, and I like to say that it really helps. I'm a previous applicant in australia but unfortunately the eca there did not gave us the positive assesment needed for us to apply. It took almost 3 months for the whole process of it. I want to try my luck now in Canada, but ironically the way I see it seems like impossible to submit application to eca on april and expect the result prior on may 4. Any idea's on what will be the possible outcome on april? I think that CIC is fully aware that it would take more than a month to have our credentials assessed.

shahid_canadaim

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 10, 2014
IELTS Request
I am also waiting for the news on the CIC agency.. It should be out sometime in April.

canxyz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Important information regarding academic credential evaluation

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has proposed changes to the requirements for individuals who are applying for immigration to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker Category (FSWC). If the changes are approved, beginning in 2013, FSWC applicants will be required to present an academic credentials assessment report prepared by a designated agency as part of the application process.

For information about the proposed changes, please see Citizenship and Immigration Canada's website.

It is important to note that Citizenship and Immigration Canada has not yet designated the agencies from which they will accept assessments. This information is not expected be available until early 2013. If you plan to apply for immigration to Canada under the new FSWC, we would suggest that you wait until next year when the agencies are designated and new process is formally outlined. This will ensure that the report you receive will be valid for the purpose intended.

If ICAS is selected as a designated agency, we will have an entirely separate application process, fee structure and documentation requirements for FSWC applicants. All FSWC applicants will be required to request official documents to be sent directly to our office by the school(s) attended. We will not accept original documents or notarized documents.

Official documents are those which are sent by the school directly to ICAS in a sealed envelope. ICAS does not consider documents in a sealed envelope which are submitted to ICAS by the applicant or a third party to be official.

Individuals who have already received an ICAS Assessment Report will have the option to upgrade the report and services to the FSWC Assessment Report. Please note, however, that this option will only be available to those who have received an Assessment Report based on official documents.

If you would like to request an ICAS General Assessment Report now, you may complete the on-line application form and request official documents to be sent directly to our office by your institution(s). When the process is finalized by CIC, and if ICAS is a designated agency, information about the process to upgrade your report to a FSWC Report and the associated fees will be posted on our website.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Canxyz,
Well if they ask for transcript from graduation and masters these can be arranged.when icas refers to schools does it mean from school and higher secondary.This would be bigger problem.better to wait for ECA and noc list announcement.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
As per CIC, sometime in April.

TechConsultant said:
Before I pay for my educational assesment, I want to be sure my skill is listed as FWSP. Do you know when will CIC release the skill worker's list?

canxyz

Star Member
Jun 7, 2010
Hello, school is your university or institution of study.Final details will be out next month.

GOOD LUCK