+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Assessment Results (WES - 2yrs only)

Pan Init

Apr 17, 2018
Hi Esteemed Members,

I hope someone can share their insight about my predicament.

My educational assessment was done by WES. When I received the assessment report, I was disheartened because my Bachelor of Science in Accountancy degree is equivalent only to two years diploma. I contested the result since I am already a CPA.

Here's the reply from WES:

"Thank you for contacting us with your concerns.

WES considers a number of factors when determining degree equivalency, including the length of the program, admission requirements, institution standing, the presence of quality assurance mechanisms in the country of study, and educational outcomes. Academic institutions in the Philippines vary widely in educational outcomes and levels of quality when compared to Canadian institutions.

We reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. We would like to emphasize that WES evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization."
My plan now is to send my education credentials to IQAS and go through another evaluation process. Based on their website, 4 years degree in the Philippines is usually equivalent to three years. I could settle for this since this assessment earns the same points as bachelors degree.

My biggest worry is that I may still receive the same assessment of two years diploma. Should I proceed with my plan?

I hope someone will share their idea or better yet, share their experience about getting 2 year diploma assessment and improved it by going to another assessing organization.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited: