+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education assessment Evaluation !!

Sajid080

Oct 18, 2016
Dear All,
I am about to go for degree assessment from IQAS, Guys any one guide, I will be really appreciated,
I have two degrees bachelor in Commerce (BCOM) and Masters in IT (MIT), so I'll send my degrees separately by the each institute from where I have awarded degrees?
On the case of IQAS, should I send photocopies as well as original degrees and transcript?
please confirm guys

Thanks in Advance....

hrk777

Mar 1, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion if you had not applied for IQAS evaluation than go for wes.I had done my evaluation thro wes canada.Their service is quite good as compare to others.

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
Sajid080 said:
Dear All,
I am about to go for degree assessment from IQAS, Guys any one guide, I will be really appreciated,
I have two degrees bachelor in Commerce (BCOM) and Masters in IT (MIT), so I'll send my degrees separately by the each institute from where I have awarded degrees?
On the case of IQAS, should I send photocopies as well as original degrees and transcript?
please confirm guys

Thanks in Advance....
What was your bcom equivalency?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Sajid080 said:
Dear All,
please confirm guys

Thanks in Advance....
I have done my ECA from WES for my B.E from Gujarat University.
I had sent following documents.

1. A set of Transcripts from a university

I went to Gujarat University asked them to provide me a transcripts of my Bachelor degree in sealed envelope. They asked me to fill out the request form for transcript and pay fees about Rs 500, They called me in a week and asked me come over to collect my transcript.
They gave me the transcript with signs and stamps on it. Asked me to check if its all correct which I did. Than they put it in a envelope which had college name and address printed on it. they sealed it with glue and tape as well as stamped on the back of the envelope. They glued a sticker on the front of the envelop Which had WES address and phone number, my name, and the *WES reference number. They asked me to go to a courier services counter, hand sealed envelope at the counter and pay the courier charges (approx. cost Rs. 2,000).

2. Photocopy of a Degree certificate (without any sign or stamp, just plain photocopy)

I didn't have Degree certificate but I already had provisional degree certificate. So next day, I went to nearby DHL. I made a photocopy of the certificate and ask them to send it to WES. I had provided them address, phone number and WES reference number. courier cost me approx Rs. 2200. You don't need to put it in a college/university envelope. DHL gave me an envelope to put it in.

*WES reference number - You have to create WES account to get the reference number. So I suggest you create an account on WES Canada website before going ahead with your ECA. You have to put it on both of the courier.

When you select payment method for ECA service on WES website, best to pay with visa or master card especially if you live outside canada. I had no credit card at that time, I used my friend's credit card and paid him back with cash.
It took about a month and a half to get the ECA report after I sent both couriers.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Sajid080 said:
Dear All,
please confirm guys

Thanks in Advance....
I'd personally suggest you to go for WES for your assessment.

Check its website. It's got all you need on it.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hrk777 said:
In my opinion if you had not applied for IQAS evaluation than go for wes.I had done my evaluation thro wes canada.Their service is quite good as compare to others.
Friend: I disagree. For couple of months, I am struggling to get WES/ECA after submitting authentic,
Bachelors / Masters of Engineering from USA.

Current Evaluation Status : Waiting for verification from institution

The universities may, or may not respond to the verification required by you in certain period of time.

I am in a pathetic situation. Until WES informs me the specific verification requirements, I can't pursue with the universities, nor I can wait indefinitely. All my plans are shattered. There are many cases like me

WES auto replies to all my requests is very frustrating.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
MZASAM said:
Friend: I disagree. For couple of months, I am struggling to get WES/ECA after submitting authentic,
Bachelors / Masters of Engineering from USA.

Current Evaluation Status : Waiting for verification from institution

The universities may, or may not respond to the verification required by you in certain period of time.

I am in a pathetic situation. Until WES informs me the specific verification requirements, I can't pursue with the universities, nor I can wait indefinitely. All my plans are shattered. There are many cases like me

WES auto replies to all my requests is very frustrating.
How long has it been since you have sent all the required documents?
It took them 7 weeks in my case even thought processing time was 20 business days (4 weeks) at that time.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Both IQAS and WES will take their own sweet time for evaluation.

IQAS will be easily reachable over phone and you can get a reply for your questions. So you will stay informed. The delay will be stressful but you will know the reason for delay.

WES, well they have pathetic customer service and you will keep guessing what is going on with your evaluation.

Choose wisely!

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
I will second Maverick28.

Aashy09

Oct 13, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
29/06/2017
AOR Received.
25/07/2017
IQAS has a backlog of over two weeks they're taking ages to aknowledge transcripts and start processing so I would say both are equally same now!

Taurus09

Jun 2, 2017
Hi. Do you get the same equivalency results from iqas and wes? If for example i get a 2 yr college diploma from Wes, do i also get that from iqas?

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
I have done my ECA from WES for my B.E from Gujarat University.
I had sent following documents.

1. A set of Transcripts from a university

I went to Gujarat University asked them to provide me a transcripts of my Bachelor degree in sealed envelope. They asked me to fill out the request form for transcript and pay fees about Rs 500, They called me in a week and asked me come over to collect my transcript.
They gave me the transcript with signs and stamps on it. Asked me to check if its all correct which I did. Than they put it in a envelope which had college name and address printed on it. they sealed it with glue and tape as well as stamped on the back of the envelope. They glued a sticker on the front of the envelop Which had WES address and phone number, my name, and the *WES reference number. They asked me to go to a courier services counter, hand sealed envelope at the counter and pay the courier charges (approx. cost Rs. 2,000).

2. Photocopy of a Degree certificate (without any sign or stamp, just plain photocopy)

I didn't have Degree certificate but I already had provisional degree certificate. So next day, I went to nearby DHL. I made a photocopy of the certificate and ask them to send it to WES. I had provided them address, phone number and WES reference number. courier cost me approx Rs. 2200. You don't need to put it in a college/university envelope. DHL gave me an envelope to put it in.

*WES reference number - You have to create WES account to get the reference number. So I suggest you create an account on WES Canada website before going ahead with your ECA. You have to put it on both of the courier.

When you select payment method for ECA service on WES website, best to pay with visa or master card especially if you live outside canada. I had no credit card at that time, I used my friend's credit card and paid him back with cash.
It took about a month and a half to get the ECA report after I sent both couriers.
Hi,
Does it mean your copy of degree was not notarized? I have one degree but the university gives that degree in English also. Can I make a simple copy and send without notarized?

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Hi,
Does it mean your copy of degree was not notarized? I have one degree but the university gives that degree in English also. Can I make a simple copy and send without notarized?
I had sent a plain photocopy of my provisional degree certificate without notary or any stamp/sign on it and I was evaluated fairly

Reactions: prongs13

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
I had sent a plain photocopy of my provisional degree certificate without notary or any stamp/sign on it and I was evaluated fairly
Great news, thanks a lot. Hopefully I will get mine soon.
Thank you.

sandeepgunnam

Oct 28, 2017
Hey Everyone,

If we have Bachelors(from India) and Masters(from US) degree is it enough if we evaluate Masters degree because it accounts for more points? Or do we need to send both Bachelors and Masters degree copies for evaluation?

Thanks