+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education Assessment - Best Agency

Oct 3, 2012
Hi,

I am an experienced IT professional and was looking to move out of the home country. Weighing in the oppurtunities in IT and the quality life I was in a dilemma and it was a tough choice between Australia and Canada :-\. But finally I have decided to immigrate to Canada.

Before I submit the immigration application under the FSW I am required to get my education assessed and the CIC suggests a list of agencies such as CES, ICAS, WES, etc. I would appreciate if I could be directed to an agency which is widely used and has a quick response time ;D.

Thanks in advance.

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
WES is good

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
sumit.bhatnagar said:
Hi,

I am an experienced IT professional and was looking to move out of the home country. Weighing in the oppurtunities in IT and the quality life I was in a dilemma and it was a tough choice between Australia and Canada :-\. But finally I have decided to immigrate to Canada.

Before I submit the immigration application under the FSW I am required to get my education assessed and the CIC suggests a list of agencies such as CES, ICAS, WES, etc. I would appreciate if I could be directed to an agency which is widely used and has a quick response time ;D.

Thanks in advance.

ICAS is the best and they keep to their delivery time.

Oct 3, 2012
Thanks Johnson and KSA for a prompt reply. I guess WES is the one I should be targeting.

My highest education is MCA (Masters Of Computer Application). On the WES site it asks you to submit degrees with these details:

-----------------------------------------------
1. "Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institutions attended"
2. All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.

Request for all mark sheets to be sent directly to WES by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations
-OR-

You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES.

Now my question is, for #1 I will submit the necessary documents, but for #2 either I need to have the institution send the documents directly, which I am sure is not feasible for me...OR have them copies place in a SEALED ENVELOP sent to me and then I should forward it to WES.

I have all the degrees and mark sheet which are University attested by the Controller Of Examination, why can't I just send the copies directly to WES as a package? Why should the university be involved?

Please suggest.

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumit.bhatnagar said:
Thanks Johnson and KSA for a prompt reply. I guess WES is the one I should be targeting.

My highest education is MCA (Masters Of Computer Application). On the WES site it asks you to submit degrees with these details:

1. "Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institutions attended"
2. All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.

Request for all mark sheets to be sent directly to WES by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations
-OR-

You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar's Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES.

Now my question is, for #1 I will submit the necessary documents, but for #2 either I need to have the institution send the documents directly, which I am sure is not feasible for me...OR have them copies place in a SEALED ENVELOP sent to me and then I should forward it to WES.

I have all the degrees and mark sheet which are University attested by the Controller Of Examination, why can't I just send the copies directly to WES as a package? Why should the university be involved?

Please suggest.
Hi,
You can send it yourself. University must have given you a sealed envelope which contains your attested marksheet & degree cert..... right?
Just send that envelope to WES with your address in "FROM" section. It will be accepted. Their main requirement is MARKSHEET & CERT. to be attested & sealed by University.
I did the same thing. everything went smooth... no issues.

stay blessed.
please do PM me if youn need any more help.
God bless :)

lids

Oct 3, 2012
Thanks for responding Lids. The education documents were handed over by the institution without any stamped university envelope. This is how degrees are handed out.

What should be the approach now?

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumit.bhatnagar said:
Thanks for responding Lids. The education documents were handed over by the institution without any stamped university envelope. This is how degrees are handed out.

What should be the approach now?
You will have to get it from the University not the institution/college...

wesid

May 29, 2014
Hi Lids1254
Your reply is very meaningful am too prepared for to apply WES, USA visa immigration regarding and i have a couple of doubts if we send on our own (as my certificates are sealed/attested by the University once received)

Whats the need for Academic records request form posted on WES website

If we apply through online($100) whats the need of sending through postal mail($130)

WES ICAP or Basic ?

and i found document by document is enough for immigration purpose is it worth? or opt for course/course

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
even the certificate has to be sent by the university?

according to the WES instruction, certificate to be sent by the applicant directly and the transcript or the mark sheets by the university.. please clarify

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
Hi

If your university does not provide a envelope, you take a envelope yourself and put the transcripts inside and close the envelope, ask the controller of examination office to put a seal & signature in closed area, generally 50% in the closing lid and remaining on envelope! you send this along with your form and payment details to Wes. If you need faster service, pay additinal fees for express courier.

sumit.bhatnagar said:
I am not sure that arranging envelope will be easy. The govt agencies at worse in India. Can there be an alternate approach?

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
Yes it includes degree certificate and all mark sheet with each paper

Sushma1976 said:
even the certificate has to be sent by the university?

according to the WES instruction, certificate to be sent by the applicant directly and the transcript or the mark sheets by the university.. please clarify

Sushma1976

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
johnson.i2000 said:
Yes it includes degree certificate and all mark sheet with each paper
where do we have to send the documents wes canada or wes USA, there are 3 address... kindly advise

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
Its Canada.

When you create a account and pay the fees online, it generates a document with payment reference and address where to send the document.

Regards

Sushma1976 said:
where do we have to send the documents wes canada or wes USA, there are 3 address... kindly advise

wesid

May 29, 2014
Hi
I have my certificates sealed/attested by the university itself, is that enough to send on my own to WES kindly direct me as am sending it only for the sole purpose of US visa immigration and i opted for WES basic document by document and preferred to do it online, in it i found the add recipient has to enter a valid address for the institution to ensure delivery, why cant i enter my work or home address for delivery.

johnson.i2000 said:
Its Canada.

When you create a account and pay the fees online, it generates a document with payment reference and address where to send the document.

Regards