+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education and Work History after ITA

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have not received an ITA yet but trying to prepare all documents and how I will fill the forms. It looks like there is a personal history section but also a work and an education section ? My understanding was that or the Express Entry Profile, you put in work and education only the ones you claim points for.

What is unclear to me is how do people fill these sections after ITA ?
I have read that some fill the education and work history the same as the EE profile (so only the things they claim points for) and the rest in personal history if it was done in the past 10 years. However, it looks like in education they ask you about total number of years of education and all diplomas so I have also read that you need to put all your education there ? If that is the case, what about the work history section, would you put there all your work history too, regardless that you claim points only for one ?

Thanks for your help

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Work history: Add only those you claim points for not everything
Education: Can include all formal education. Has an option to choose ECA obtained or not to indicate the points claimed for that education
Personal: Every aspect of life including periods of unemployment, internship, work experience not claimed for points, volunteering etc. Life events such as marriage, child birth etc are not included in personal history.

Reactions: Sarah1980

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Work history: Add only those you claim points for not everything
Education: Can include all formal education. Has an option to choose ECA obtained or not to indicate the points claimed for that education
Personal: Every aspect of life including periods of unemployment, internship, work experience not claimed for points, volunteering etc. Life events such as marriage, child birth etc are not included in personal history.
Thanks AishB, do you know if that means in education you could also, like for the work history, put just what you claim points for ?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Technically yes. Education section does have an option of choosing if this education have a valid ECA. I did put in my bachelor’s with no ECA option in education history. DDoesn't affect your points in this case.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Put the non eca degree in personal history. There are cases of denial if you put in a non eca degree in education even if it doesn't add to score.

Dec 26, 2022
Hello everyone,

I have not received an ITA yet but trying to prepare all documents and how I will fill the forms. It looks like there is a personal history section but also a work and an education section ? My understanding was that or the Express Entry Profile, you put in work and education only the ones you claim points for.

What is unclear to me is how do people fill these sections after ITA ?
I have read that some fill the education and work history the same as the EE profile (so only the things they claim points for) and the rest in personal history if it was done in the past 10 years. However, it looks like in education they ask you about total number of years of education and all diplomas so I have also read that you need to put all your education there ? If that is the case, what about the work history section, would you put there all your work history too, regardless that you claim points only for one ?
I know a lot about it. The ITA (International TEFL Academy) program provides students with the opportunity to receive a quality education in the field of teaching English as a foreign language. After completing the program, students can work in any country in the world and use the acquired knowledge and skills to achieve success in their work history. I even wrote informative essays about it, used https://edubirdie.com/examples/informative-essays/ for that. I can say with confidence that education at ITA not only helps to improve the level of English language skills, but also develops teaching, communication and intercultural skills. This is very important for those who want to succeed in an international environment and create a successful work history.
Thanks for your help
Interesting, did you succeed?