+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education after work experience

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Hi,
I would like to talk about a specific scenario of Express entry where Applicant has done B.Tech in Electronics and Communication in 2012(passing out year) then gained 3 years of work experience as a Software Engineer(not relevant to education). Then did a 6 months course in 2015(Distance learning) Along with his work experience.

Would this guy be eligible to get points of education of the certificate(considering it to be an approved course) ?

Or what shall be applicable in this case ?
1. Bachelors Degree + 3 Years work exp ?
2. 2 or more degrees/diplomas/certificates + 3 yrs work exp ?
3. Only work exp and no education points(due to irrelevant education)

I think this answer will help people in understanding the scenario.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
omnishu said:
Hi,
I would like to talk about a specific scenario of Express entry where Applicant has done B.Tech in Electronics and Communication in 2012(passing out year) then gained 3 years of work experience as a Software Engineer(not relevant to education). Then did a 6 months course in 2015(Distance learning) Along with his work experience.

Would this guy be eligible to get points of education of the certificate(considering it to be an approved course) ?

Or what shall be applicable in this case ?
1. Bachelors Degree + 3 Years work exp ?
2. 2 or more degrees/diplomas/certificates + 3 yrs work exp ?
3. Only work exp and no education points(due to irrelevant education) A: Not true

I think this answer will help people in understanding the scenario.
Questions 1 & 2 can be answered only after getting the evaluation done. Do get that done first. There is no relation between education and work experience, from calculation of CRS points, so pls stop connecting them.

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
I got the point here.
But my question is, will they be consdering my highest qualification that is done after work experience of 3 years ?
Is my work experience intended to be after my highest qualification I would want to claim for ?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
omnishu said:
I got the point here.
But my question is, will they be consdering my highest qualification that is done after work experience of 3 years ?
Is my work experience intended to be after my highest qualification I would want to claim for ?
Yes, they will consider your highest qualification irrespective of when it was acquired.

No.

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
Yes, they will consider your highest qualification irrespective of when it was acquired.

No.
Any cic links mentioning the same or similar.
Or any multiple links which mentions or describes this topic will help.

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:

No.
I was thinking people might be interested in another aspect 'gap in education'.
Can it fall under that category if it exists under the namespace of cic ?

sasan_fazel

Sep 12, 2019
In my country IRAN, my immigration lawyer told me according to new rules, in this same situations (bachelor degree+5 years irrelevant work experience + master degree in previous work experience) you can't achieve work experiences points.
Is he wrong?Can I get both work experience and master qualification points?