Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
Is Edmonton office operating ? Does any one know.. did they process any application recently
Can confirm that they were working till June 10th lol as I have received GCMS notes this Monday says my eligibility will in review but after that dead silence

Reactions: noorahmedshaik

KrishPS

Jul 19, 2021
Hi All,
My VO is also Edmonton. I have called them 2 weeks back and got to know they are working on the background checks. I have asked her why it's getting delay but no proper response. Her only answer is they don't need anything from my side. They have all the documents.

For the last 2 days, I have been trying to contact them but I am not able to connect to customer care.
AOR: Jan 15th, 2021
Medicals Passed: Feb 5th, 2021

No update since then.

Usually how long will it take to complete the background check? and what are the next steps after the background check?

Thanks for your response.

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
Hi All,
My VO is also Edmonton. I have called them 2 weeks back and got to know they are working on the background checks. I have asked her why it's getting delay but no proper response. Her only answer is they don't need anything from my side. They have all the documents.

For the last 2 days, I have been trying to contact them but I am not able to connect to customer care.
AOR: Jan 15th, 2021
Medicals Passed: Feb 5th, 2021

No update since then.

Usually how long will it take to complete the background check? and what are the next steps after the background check?

Thanks for your response.
I am in the same boat as yours and Try requesting GCMS notes you might find out details on what is going on with your application

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
Do they just open the file and then close it to show that they are "working"? :D
They put it in review and said that I hadn't provided LOE for experience between 2008-2014; however, I did, and on top of that,t they also wrote that I meet all the criteria and this is not affecting my CRS score, not sure what they are trying to do.

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Just received a reply to my webform to check status. It's the same generic answer about the officer checking my eligibility. This time it took them 10 days to reply.

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
Just received a reply to my webform to check status. It's the same generic answer about the officer checking my eligibility. This time it took them 10 days to reply.
I believe next week is your week as they have started finalizing the October files, so now they won't have that argument anymore.

Reactions: jabrams001

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
AOR - Jan 6th and since then only medical passed and no other updates. I call the helpdesk in March and they told me your VO is Edmonton.
I created the Webform and as per that Eligibility and Criminality are in progress.
I got mixed input from the forum some say Vancouver is fast and Edmonton is slow and vice-versa. It seems the entire IRCC has some weird way of picking the files and approving them.

Reactions: jabrams001

KrishPS

Jul 19, 2021
AOR - Jan 6th and since then only medical passed and no other updates. I call the helpdesk in March and they told me your VO is Edmonton.
I created the Webform and as per that Eligibility and Criminality are in progress.
I have submitted the web form and received the response. The same generic response I got. Nothing new or useful info. I think It's a waste of time

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
I got mixed input from the forum some say Vancouver is fast and Edmonton is slow and vice-versa. It seems the entire IRCC has some weird way of picking the files and approving them.
Welcome to the club, man! :D

• Haha
Reactions: Hiker11

cadcad

Mar 28, 2021
Hello I am New here.Starting to create my account(profile) Can someone help me. needed some help.Thanks