+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EDMONTON nearest US BORDER ?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
I don't have car and recently I got COPR for my EE-CEC application .. Currently stays in EDMONTON ..I want to do landline formalities which is the final step for PR ..

Can you please guide me which is the cheap and best possible way where I can do this formalities ..I want to use bus or flight never mind .... I want to complete by next week end ...

Please guide me ...

Thanks,

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
Guys,
I don't have car and recently I got COPR for my EE-CEC application .. Currently stays in EDMONTON ..I want to do landline formalities which is the final step for PR ..

Can you please guide me which is the cheap and best possible way where I can do this formalities ..I want to use bus or flight never mind .... I want to complete by next week end ...

Please guide me ...

Thanks,
Go to Coutts border rent a car will be best for you

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chevy said:
Go to Coutts border rent a car will be best for you
Thank you very much Chevy. I'm looking for public transport I couldn't find it ..

As you said I think taxi would be the best ... I need to enquire how much it will cost..

Once again thank you very much.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
Thank you very much Chevy. I'm looking for public transport I couldn't find it ..

As you said I think taxi would be the best ... I need to enquire how much it will cost..

Once again thank you very much.
You can take greyhound till lethbridge....then hire a taxi will cost you less for sure, but there is no other public transportation available

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
Guys,

Please guide me ...

Thanks,
OMG you didnt know? call CBSA and ask for appointment you can get PR in Edmonton they have office :D

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie.r said:
OMG you didnt know? call CBSA and ask for appointment you can get PR in Edmonton they have office :D

Current waiting time is 6 weeks brother ...

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
Current waiting time is 6 weeks brother ...
go Cutts then... there r good guys not rude i have not wait at all when i did my work permit. only 3,5 hours drive ::)

cptcanuck

Star Member
May 6, 2015
eddie.r said:
go Cutts then... there r good guys not rude i have not wait at all when i did my work permit. only 3,5 hours drive ::)
the coutts border is the one near lethbridge right? Do you know if you need a US visa to do this? I have heard that if you flagpole without a US visa they mark your name that you were denied access to US which then has a negative impact for future when applying for a visa.

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need visa for sure and dont say at the border u just want to get some paper from canadian immigration otherwise they wont let u in. i told for the officer i just want to spend cpl days in us and thats it . i bought some stuff by the nearest shop and i came back :) but for me was just a stamp coz i have EU passport. i dont know other countries rules for USA

cptcanuck

Star Member
May 6, 2015
eddie.r said:
you need visa for sure and dont say at the border u just want to get some paper from canadian immigration otherwise they wont let u in. i told for the officer i just want to spend cpl days in us and thats it . i bought some stuff by the nearest shop and i came back :) but for me was just a stamp coz i have EU passport. i dont know other countries rules for USA
thanks i'm so confused I called carway border and they told me you don't need a visa to do the landing formalities for Canadian papers. is there anybody who has "landed" at the border without a US visa. And then also applied for a US visa after that and had it approved???

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cptcanuck said:
thanks i'm so confused I called carway border and they told me you don't need a visa to do the landing formalities for Canadian papers. is there anybody who has "landed" at the border without a US visa. And then also applied for a US visa after that and had it approved???
its better if you book an appointment in Edmonton office ...3 weeks lineup but at least no headache to cross the border... you have the PPR so nobody will take it away my friend :)

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
cptcanuck said:
Yes, you don't need a US visa to complete landing formalities.
So the procedure is that you go to US and at customs you tell them that you are here to complete landing for your PR.
They will grant you administrative refusal and you come back to Canada and complete your landing.
Also this refusal will not hamper your future application for US visas.
Good luck.

eddie.r

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
depents on the officer tho dont forget it. if they say no than he just waste the time and money...... my friend went to the border for landing and the canadian officer was rude and pissed because they just turned back at the border .... they had to wait 6 hours

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
eddie.r said:
depents on the officer tho dont forget it. if they say no than he just waste the time and money...... my friend went to the border for landing and the canadian officer was rude and pissed because they just turned back at the border .... they had to wait 6 hours
why would a canadian officer be pissed that someone is coming to flagpole?
and you can't stop anyone from being rude.
They have guidelines to follow and that's one of the ways catcanuck can follow to become pr.