+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton IRCC Delays

PRapplicant1385

May 30, 2019
I have no understanding for what is going on in the Edmonton office. Excessive delays. files collecting dust. We should do something. Please connect here to a petition either to get out of this office or to get our applications processed in the timeline. I passed 180 days and no one touched my file since March

Reactions: djangoboy

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
My file was in Edmonton and now transferred to Ottawa, which is even worse. And it's been almost a year, nobody touched my file.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have no understanding for what is going on in the Edmonton office. Excessive delays. files collecting dust. We should do something. Please connect here to a petition either to get out of this office or to get our applications processed in the timeline. I passed 180 days and no one touched my file since March
You need to see where your application is at and why is it stuck. If you are stuck at security, the visa office can't do much.

Have you requested your GCMS notes to see what is going on? Have you passed eligibility?

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
My file was in Edmonton and now transferred to Ottawa, which is even worse. And it's been almost a year, nobody touched my file.
Any idea on how did you get to know that your file was transferred from Edmonton to Ottawa ?

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
I ordered GCMS notes
For me earlier it was at CPC Vegreville As per 1st GCMS notes and then moved to CPC Edmonton As per 2nd GCMS notes and when I spoke to an agent last week he said the visa office is Ottawa, does this signify anything ? Any insight will be appreciated.

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
For me earlier it was at CPC Vegreville and then moved to CPC Edmonton as per second gcms notes and when I spoke to an agent last week he said the visa office is Ottawa, does this signify anything ? Any insight will be appreciated.
what is your timeline and are you in review required? I heard, but not sure if its true, that if your filed is transferred to a local office, that means you either have a visa/permit/application refusal history or you are under review required.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
what is your timeline and are you in
review required? I heard, but not sure if its true, that if your filed is transferred to a local office, that means you either have a visa/permit/application refusal history or you are under review required.
Aor 27th July 2018
Stage Ip1, review required for work experience
Met all criteria and review required for R75, I did not lose any points and a document has to reviewed by the officer ?

I don't think it is a local visa office because I am an outland applicant from India.

So are you trying to say if my file is transferred to ottawa office the decision is about to be taken by the officer very soon and also visa/permit/application refusal history are dealt there ?

Last edited:

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Aor 27th July 2018
Stage Ip1, review required for work experience
Met all criteria and review required for R75, I did not lose any points and a document has to reviewed by the officer ?

I don't think it is a local visa officer because I am outland applicant from India.
yes i believe your file in waiting for an officer to take a look. Theres not much you can do. have you submitted documents to support your work experience?

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
yes i believe your file in waiting for an officer to take a look. Theres not much you can do. have you submitted documents to support your work experience?
Yes I have submitted all relevant documents by the way did you receive an email for the update on your profile or did you find out through random profile checks.

When did your medicals expire?

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Yes I have submitted all relevant documents by the way did you receive an email for the update on your profile or did you find out through random profile checks.

When did your medicals expire?
I didnt receive any email, i just logged into my account and saw this update today. I logged into my account everyday :)
meds expiring Aug 16

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
I didnt receive any email, i just logged into my account and saw this update today. I logged into my account everyday :)
meds expiring Aug 16
Thanks for highlighting and by the way did you order gcms notes to know more about your case?

Aiwilo

Oct 1, 2018
Just curious how long did you wait for GCMS notes? They extended my waiting time up from 30 up to 90 days! Did you wait that long??