+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EDMONTON CIC - Faster Processing PLEASE!!!!!

wingedmonton

Oct 12, 2012
Awesome!Maybe we will be attending the oath ceremony soon if all goes well. I'm surprised it took til 11:11 to start the test. how many people was there? i think we only had around 40 people. it sucks to get disqualify for the test after waiting so long, i feel for that chinese person!! did he have poor english or just didnt want to answer his whereabouts?did he get RQ then? i didnt get that question on my exam, we must got different test versions.

I just called CIC to see if they have my test results in, but the lady say the local office doesnt send in test results, not sure how true that is. She also say that it would take around 6-8 months to receive letter for oath ceremony, again i dont really believe that as we were both told it would be 3 months wait. anyways i called just to see what cic would say haha i've been thinking so much about the oath invitation i had a few dreams about it already lol

Hope to hear good news from everyone soon!

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
wingedmonton said:
Awesome!Maybe we will be attending the oath ceremony soon if all goes well. I'm surprised it took til 11:11 to start the test. how many people was there? i think we only had around 40 people. it sucks to get disqualify for the test after waiting so long, i feel for that chinese person!! did he have poor english or just didnt want to answer his whereabouts?did he get RQ then? i didnt get that question on my exam, we must got different test versions.

I just called CIC to see if they have my test results in, but the lady say the local office doesnt send in test results, not sure how true that is. She also say that it would take around 6-8 months to receive letter for oath ceremony, again i dont really believe that as we were both told it would be 3 months wait. anyways i called just to see what cic would say haha i've been thinking so much about the oath invitation i had a few dreams about it already lol

Hope to hear good news from everyone soon!

There are lot of people who got RQ. They did not understand why they have an RQ before the test. You can easily see from their faces the big question mark. One of my friends also got RQ before before the test. He feels bad. The problem with chinese guy is that, he hide important imformation in his application, and he did not reveal it during the interview. The CIC have all the records and he cannot explain why did not mention it in his application for citizenship. His interview continue on the other room while we are doing our exams. We are at least 45 people in a room. We have different test version, mine is focus on the following: voter information card, inuit lives in arctic, D-day, federal government (definition), member of parliament, symbol of canada, red ensign, etc etc.

Hoping to receive good news before Victoria Day. So excited!!!! Good luck to all of us.

wingedmonton

Oct 12, 2012
Good news! I received my invitation to oath ceremony yesterday!! I m surprised it came so soon my ceremony is on March 25th, anyone going to be attending the ceremony on same date as me? :D

I'm extremely happy ;D i want to thank everyone for their support on this journey and especially edmonton2011 for answering all my questions and guidance thru this process. GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!!!

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
wingedmonton said:
Good news! I received my invitation to oath ceremony yesterday!! I m surprised it came so soon my ceremony is on March 25th, anyone going to be attending the ceremony on same date as me? :D

I'm extremely happy ;D i want to thank everyone for their support on this journey and especially edmonton2011 for answering all my questions and guidance thru this process. GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your result is released after 2 weeks of your exams. I am happy for you. Hoping that I can get positive result next week. You are just one week ahead of me.

wingedmonton

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks! By the look of it I think you will get the invite soon, on the other forum someone who had their exam late Jan has their oath ceremony few days after mine so i'm guessing your oath ceremony would be sometime early April.

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
wingedmonton said:
Thanks! By the look of it I think you will get the invite soon, on the other forum someone who had their exam late Jan has their oath ceremony few days after mine so i'm guessing your oath ceremony would be sometime early April.
I just open my E-CAS update.....and thanks GOD, I have my citizenship oath on March 27 at 1 pm. I did not yet receive my oath invitation letter which, according to the E-CAS, is dated March 14, 2013. I am sure that I will be able to receive it maybe this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I am so happy and over excited...that at last I will be called a CANADIAN citizen.

My journey now comes to an end....a million thanks to each and everyone!

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just received the test invitation. I am over the moon. It has been a long wait.
Our test will be on April 25th.

EDMONTONPHIL

Dec 29, 2012
wingedmonton said:
I m officially a Canadian Citizen now!!! YAY
Congrats wingedmonton. How many minutes is the citizenship ceremony? How people swearing as canadian citizen? Mine will be on Wednesday.