+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applications.

citizenshipapplicant

Star Member
Jun 21, 2014
isabela said:
took the citizenship exam March 5th....take oath will be on April 7th 8.15 am according to the letter I received but when I check the all the dates of oath at Edmonton o cant find 8.15 instead 9.15 am, so I better call the cic tomorrow...
can you share your timeline.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
citizenshipapplicant said:
Applied in September 2014, no response yet. I know two people who applied Feb 2014 and July 2014 from Edmonton and they are also waiting,
This is Edmonton, so if you applied in Sep 2014 you shouldn't expect to hear anything but a finger print request or maybe an RQ! I applied in Mar 2014, got the finger print letter in June, and still waiting. Sounds like Edmonton office!

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
citizenshipapplicant said:
Applied in September 2014, no response yet. I know two people who applied Feb 2014 and July 2014 from Edmonton and they are also waiting,
Add me to the list. Jan 2014 applicant, still waiting.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A friend of mine who applied in Feb 2014 in Edmonton, recently got their test invitation.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
EdmontonM said:
A friend of mine who applied in Feb 2014 in Edmonton, recently got their test invitation.
Someone who applied in June 2014 got test invite for April, 16th (see the other thread). There is no specific order for application processing in Edmonton.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
Someone who applied in June 2014 got test invite for April, 16th (see the other thread). There is no specific order for application processing in Edmonton.
There is no SPECIFIC order, but I think there is a GENERAL order. Some receive an RQ, some get a fingerprint (like me), for some the process is faster, for others slower.
A close friend of mine who applied in October 2014 became citizen a month ago, and the person I mentioned applied in Feb 2014 got their test date. These two examples follow the GENERAL trend that you can see in the spreadsheet.

wadelmaki

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
EdmontonM said:
There is no SPECIFIC order, but I think there is a GENERAL order. Some receive an RQ, some get a fingerprint (like me), for some the process is faster, for others slower.
A close friend of mine who applied in October 2014 became citizen a month ago, and the person I mentioned applied in Feb 2014 got their test date. These two examples follow the GENERAL trend that you can see in the spreadsheet.
You are right! I applied in July 2013 and received a fingerprint request and nothing else since last year.

Is Edmonton is the local office for your friends?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wadelmaki said:
You are right! I applied in July 2013 and received a fingerprint request and nothing else since last year.
Is Edmonton is the local office for your friends?
Yes, they applied in Edmonton; neither received fingerprint or RQ though. I applied in Mar 2014, I received the fingerprint letter in June, and still waiting. If we could have a good spreadsheet only for Edmonton applicants, we could better understand our timelines. The spreadsheet I see on this forum is kinda coast to coast which doesn't make any sense. For example, Ontario timeline is so different than that of Edmonton or Calgary.

alicezy

Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EdmontonM said:
Yes, they applied in Edmonton; neither received fingerprint or RQ though. I applied in Mar 2014, I received the fingerprint letter in June, and still waiting. If we could have a good spreadsheet only for Edmonton applicants, we could better understand our timelines. The spreadsheet I see on this forum is kinda coast to coast which doesn't make any sense. For example, Ontario timeline is so different than that of Edmonton or Calgary.
How it is possible that your friend applied in Oct 2014 and became a citizen one month ago in Edmonton? :eek: it is an urgent case?

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alicezy said:
How it is possible that your friend applied in Oct 2014 and became a citizen one month ago in Edmonton? :eek: it is an urgent case?
Ooppss, I meant Oct 2013!

jcpyeg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......