+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Ok. Noted. I got worried seeing you mentioned 1 year. Good luck and hope you will get your invite soon.
IRCC's commitment is to process 80% of all applications within a 12 month time frame, so often IRCC's agents will refer to that service standard when an applicant asks for a timing estimate.

At least some people on this forum will have a processing time close to 12 months (some are likely to go over). Everyone here seems to expect their application will be processed faster and while that is likely that is not guaranteed. So now may be a good time to reset your expectations. If you get citizenship faster you'll be pleasantly surprised, and if it takes the full 12 months things will have gone as expected -- and you won't have spent a year stressed out about the progress of your application.

Reactions: garygnu

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
IRCC's commitment is to process 80% of all applications within a 12 month time frame, so often IRCC's agents will refer to that service standard when an applicant asks for a timing estimate.

At least some people on this forum will have a processing time close to 12 months (some are likely to go over). Everyone here seems to expect their application will be processed faster and while that is likely that is not guaranteed. So now may be a good time to reset your expectations. If you get citizenship faster you'll be pleasantly surprised, and if it takes the full 12 months things will have gone as expected -- and you won't have spent a year stressed out about the progress of your application.
You are right. I am thinking of forgetting all about it. When it happens it happens. Thanks for your comment.

Reactions: btbt

edmonson

Mar 12, 2018
Hi,

Just got a call from CIC saying that we have been scheduled for the ceremony on April 19, 2018, at Dan Knott School, Edmonton. Was surprised that they called. We checked the CIC website to see the schedule if ceremonies are held in the school. In order to confirm if the call was legit, we contacted CIC and they did confirm it was them who called. we wrote the test last week on March 21st. Good luck guys! Thanks for all the support!

Reactions: Pgtk

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
School ??? Eh...Congrats . You are lucky to get oath invite that quick.

Hi,

Just got a call from CIC saying that we have been scheduled for the ceremony on April 19, 2018, at Dan Knott School, Edmonton. Was surprised that they called. We checked the CIC website to see the schedule if ceremonies are held in the school. In order to confirm if the call was legit, we contacted CIC and they did confirm it was them who called. we wrote the test last week on March 21st. Good luck guys! Thanks for all the support!

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
Just received my oath invite to appear on April 19.

Be ready to received yours @AsiaCh. I thought we should have been in one of the first ceremonies in April but later better than never.

Wish everyone the best of luck.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Congrats...when was your test and dm was done on ecas ?

Be ready to received yours @AsiaCh. I thought we should have been in one of the first ceremonies in April but later better than never.

wilkan

Jan 31, 2018
My test was on 15 feb. and DM on 16 feb.

I applied early September but it was stuck for quite some time at one stage before the exam for no apparent reason.

I’m sure your invite is on the way for this April.

Congrats...when was your test and dm was done on ecas ?

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Same i applied early sept. Let`s see how much they hold my oath invite.

My test was on 15 feb. and DM on 16 feb.

I applied early September but it was stuck for quite some time at one stage before the exam for no apparent reason.

I’m sure your invite is on the way for this April.

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Congratulations, did you receive the invite through email, or did you see an update on the online application? Which one came first? Im also waiting for my oath of citizenship notice.

garygnu

Mar 13, 2018
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Congratulations! Was there any update on your ECAS the day you got the call? Any email you received after the call?

Hi,