+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

graphicalmanx

Sep 12, 2013
No, this is a follow up to my test.
I have been requested to provide a translation of stamps so have to submit a copy of the translation, an affidavit, and a certified copy of the relevant pages as per instructions.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
No, this is a follow up to my test.
I have been requested to provide a translation of stamps so have to submit a copy of the translation, an affidavit, and a certified copy of the relevant pages as per instructions.
I don't know what they want, but the fact they ask for certified copies of the relevant pages (they don't want all pages?) makes me assume they'll want the originals of the translation, as those will contain the translator's stamps/signature/...

If you want to know for certain you should contact IRCC and ask for clarification.

graphicalmanx

Sep 12, 2013
They called me up as the official letter got lost in the mail. They want me to rush translations for non-english/french pages. The official never mentioned the need to submit copies of all passport pages etc. I look up instructions and found that I would need to submit certified copies, affidavit and translations.

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
I saw in this thread that some people who were tested in the last week on Feb and already got their oath invites. There is no obvious role as to how this works. If you call they say each application is different, which is understandable if the status is ‘in process’.. but absolutely weird if you already got your DM a while ago.
Exactly !

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Curious....Does anyone got Oath invite who passed test in last week of January month and DM on ecas ?? I do not know how much backlog is with edmonton office that they are not inviting for oath. I got DM since 01 Feb and no work pending but still waiting for oath
I though it takes around 2-3 weeks to get oath invite after DM, but your case proved me wrong.

Its so unpredictable. You will be waiting for almost 2 months now. Call them to remind.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
They called me up as the official letter got lost in the mail. They want me to rush translations for non-english/french pages. The official never mentioned the need to submit copies of all passport pages etc. I look up instructions and found that I would need to submit certified copies, affidavit and translations.
You probably should provide (certified) copies of all pages, and then translations only of stamps that are not in English or French (the reason to provide all pages is so they know you did not omit any pages that have stamps on them).

You need to either get a translation done by a certified translator ("A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada") or you need to get a friend -- not a family member -- to translate the stamps and then they'll need to provide an affidavit. If a certified translator did the translation no affidavit is needed; their professional accreditation is sufficient. (This is described at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/applications-translation-documents.html ).

ANSAL

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got the test date notification for 16-April!!

Here are the timelines
* App Sent 29-Oct
* App Delivered 01-Nov
* AOR - 10-Jan
* In Process - 30-Jan
* Got the test notification email on 23-Mar
* Test Date - 16-April..

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got the test date notification for 16-April!!

Here are the timelines
* App Sent 29-Oct
* App Delivered 01-Nov
* AOR - 10-Jan
* In Process - 30-Jan
* Got the test notification email on 23-Mar
* Test Date - 16-April..
Updated. Congrats!!

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Lol....I called twice to know status...but you know after waiting 45 min ...ans: Everything is good on your file and nothing is pending. It is just oath invite will be send from local office ( Edmonton ) . 1 year to take application to be complete ( than i laughed at agent ). She add one more sentence...availability citizenship judge ( Lol).

It is very annoying to wait without any reason. This how CIC works.

I though it takes around 2-3 weeks to get oath invite after DM, but your case proved me wrong.

Its so unpredictable. You will be waiting for almost 2 months now. Call them to remind.

shmak2016

Sep 2, 2016
Yeah...that is why i will target this job...as there is not performance goal or set evaluation criteria how they work.
I saw in this thread that some people who were tested in the last week on Feb and already got their oath invites. There is no obvious role as to how this works. If you call they say each application is different, which is understandable if the status is ‘in process’.. but absolutely weird if you already got your DM a while ago.

AsiaCh

Mar 1, 2018
Lol....I called twice to know status...but you know after waiting 45 min ...ans: Everything is good on your file and nothing is pending. It is just oath invite will be send from local office ( Edmonton ) . 1 year to take application to be complete ( than i laughed at agent ). She add one more sentence...availability citizenship judge ( Lol).

It is very annoying to wait without any reason. This how CIC works.
You have been waiting 1 year since test/DM??